1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Guns in America

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by tommysvr, 3 Apr 2012.

1. tommysvr

tommysvr Didier Zokora

This isn't meant to start another anti-American thread, but will the Government ever wake up to the fact that the right to bare arms is an absolute farce? Another school shooting, another 7 lives gone for nothing.

We had one massacre in Australia, a terrible one, and laws were changed straight away. How long will it all go on for? Do we have any Norwegians who can shed light on the aftermath of the massacre there earlier this year?

2. NewYorkSpurs

NewYorkSpurs Steven Caulker

fudge off. Guns are the brick.

3. NickTB

NickTB Steve Hodge

:rolleyes:

4. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

:special:

5. Mulletperm

Mulletperm Roman Pavlyuchenko

6. Superted

Superted Jonathan Woodgate

Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.

7. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

bullets don't kill people, blood loss kills people

8. Boonie

Boonie Ramon Vega

Why people feel the need to have a handgun or assault rifle is beyond me, they are designed with one purpose and that is to inflict mortal injuries to human beings. There are too many in circulation in the states to ban the things so I actually agree with Michael Moore, make bullets $1000 each.

9. monkeybarry

monkeybarry John Lacy

blood loss doesnt kill people, GHod kills people

(whaoo, anti US and anti GHod debate............GO!)

10. monkeybarry

monkeybarry John Lacy

so only the rich get to kill people? Morning Mr Cameron

11. NW5pur

NW5pur Paul Moran

they'll never change the gun laws because 'orrible ****s like the NRA claim it's an affront to their civil ‎liberties, how about the civil liberties of the innocent people murdered by some nutter with easy ‎access to assault rifles and hand guns, which serve no other purpose than to inflict death on other ‎human beings. such a twisted sense of logic!

12. WookieD

WookieD Didier Zokora

Bullets don't kill people, rappers do. I'm a fudging rapper and I might kill you!

13. Boonie

Boonie Ramon Vega

Morning Mr Cantankerous

14. WookieD

WookieD Didier Zokora

Your average criminal doesn't buy bullets from Wallmart, they buy bullets from people that steal brick. And the best thing about people that steal brick is, they can sell for whatever they want dawg.

15. southstand1882

southstand1882 Mitchell Thomas

Ahhh, the old "right to bear arms"..................

Reminds me of the savages arguing that its ok to have 12 wives and kill infidels

It's 2012 people (at least for some of us it is)

16. Boonie

Boonie Ramon Vega

Surely if the ammo was so expensive there would be less demand for it, thus less being produced, thus it becomes harder to come by whether you want to buy it or steal it. The gun crime rate is sure to drop, no?

17. southstand1882

southstand1882 Mitchell Thomas

No, you'd just get more people making their own ammo / bigger black markets, leading to even more gun crime to steal money to feed the market

18. Superted

Superted Jonathan Woodgate

What about the right to arm bears? I'm all for that.

19. monkeybarry

monkeybarry John Lacy

i strongly disagree with the above 8-[

20. WookieD

WookieD Didier Zokora

Well firstly you have to consider the amount of businesses that you are going to affect by bringing in such a measure. Gun clubs, gunsmiths, paid trackers and guides etc. not to mention the manufacturing industry itself. How do you mitigate that? You can't just tell them to find other jobs, many of these people will have nothing else they can do, certainly not to be able to keep up the mortgage repayments.

Then you need to look at the jobs that use guns. We aren't just talking about military and police, in the states you'll find that security will carry weapons, farmers will have weapons, rangers will have weapons. In addition, sport hunting is actually a legitimate way of controlling certain animal populations.

So there are major consumers of guns and ammo who will always keep demand where it is. If you look at the domestic market, actually, people are going to go out, buy a gun and then not use it. It sits in a gun cabinet gathering dust. It isn't like the whole of America goes to the rifle range every weekend. The majority of sales go to business users, be it law enforcement, military or sport. Changing the price of a bullet in a Wallmart isn't going to have a dramatic effect on the criminal aspect of guns in America.

And all of this is a massive aside... Close down every gun store in the US tomorrow and you'd just see increased movement of arms across US borders. The criminals will stay armed. The Mexican cartels would just change their business from drugs to guns.

I think gun laws in the US are mental. However, in the leafy suburbs of Hertfordshire, I don't have to worry that any potential urchin trying to rob my house is going to be carrying a deadly weapon. Until you can convince the people that they are safe from harm, I don't see how you can stop them carrying arms themselves.