• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guilt Trips

DHSF

Les Ferdinand
I fudgein hate them... arrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Two people laid guilt trips on me this morning both incidentally are women.

WHAT THE fudge?

How do you deal with guilt trips. The thing is guilt trips actually work on me... especially if it is people I fudgein give a brick about like my mother.

WHAT THE fudge?

How do you deal with guilt trips. The thing is guilt trips actually work on me... especially if it is people I fudgein give a brick about like my mother.

Lol what do you mean incidentally? Women are the masters of guilt tripping people! Very few blokes do it as it is such an effeminate thing to do!

I tried to be politically correct - read between th elines in that one eh.

Just ruined my day today and fudged me off. Coupled with the ridiculous Central fudgein Line - not a good day.

Just delete them from your online dating profile as contacts :D

Just delete them from your online dating profile as contacts :D

You saying my mother is on an online datign site? gonna have to infract you.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I dont do online dating.

Arcey I think you n I need to have it out.

Seem inevitable

First we need to load up on chicken for energy though. Name the spot, buddy

KFC is great idea - Baker street - 1pm.

Or we can just eat and not fight. but that makes it a date which im sure you want but I dont.

they only work if you actually feel guilty, steel yourself, no regrets, job done

Very true.

If you can both live with the consequences of your decision - good or bad, and you also have sound, understandable reasoning for your decision, then someone else loading 'guilt' onto you should never really be a concern.

Just tell your mother that you can't please everyone, and that - if you tried - you know you'd end up disappointing everyone. So, you have to make a decision and commit 100% to that. Yes there will be winners, and yes there will be losers - but such is life.

Very true.

If you can both live with the consequences of your decision - good or bad, and you also have sound, understandable reasoning for your decision, then someone else loading 'guilt' onto you should never really be a concern.

Just tell your mother that you can't please everyone, and that - if you tried - you know you'd end up disappointing everyone. So, you have to make a decision and commit 100% to that. Yes there will be winners, and yes there will be losers - but such is life.

The thing is my mother is fairly ill and has been for some time. I guess if anything happens you never wanna live with the regret (thats what she constantly puts on me and uses as the guilt trip.

So maybe its more than a guilt trip but I like to put things to the back of my mind but she constantly brings things up and puts it to the forefront of my mind.

Anyways I guess ill take your advice and Gale's but its always easier said than putting it into practice eh. Just not sure why people HAVE to use guilt trips - its just blackmail. Emotional blackmail.

The thing is my mother is fairly ill and has been for some time. I guess if anything happens you never wanna live with the regret (thats what she constantly puts on me and uses as the guilt trip.

So maybe its more than a guilt trip but I like to put things to the back of my mind but she constantly brings things up and puts it to the forefront of my mind.

Anyways I guess ill take your advice and Gale's but its always easier said than putting it into practice eh. Just not sure why people HAVE to use guilt trips - its just blackmail. Emotional blackmail.

It's an interesting thing how they work even though you know what they are doing. That probably explain why people use them as well, they work...

For mothers the case is probably most often that they love their kids very much and for better or worse think they know what is best for them. This is probably also often true for good friends. For other people I would guess it's probably most often motivated by selfishness, but that is obviously both a guess and a generalization so might not be true for your friend.

Knowing what is going on should help you deal with it. Personally I wouldn't try to not feel guilty, it's a pretty useful human emotion, helps you not be a psycho (along with other things). Although there probably are people that should try to ignore those feelings more, or at least learn how to deal with them as it might be a real detriment to someone's life. For me at least trying to understand the motivation behind inflicting the guilt trip and trying to understand why they did it helps. It might also help to try to communicate your feeling about this to the other person, let them know what they are doing as they might not realize how hurtful it is. Although this isn't easy and I'm no therapist so take my advice for what it is - some idiot on the internet spouting an opinion.

How do you deal with guilt trips?

Fairly simple, unless you are a gay fudger with no balls. Just smash, twist and pull

smash-twist-and-pull-Grbbc.png

It's an interesting thing how they work even though you know what they are doing. That probably explain why people use them as well, they work...

For mothers the case is probably most often that they love their kids very much and for better or worse think they know what is best for them. This is probably also often true for good friends. For other people I would guess it's probably most often motivated by selfishness, but that is obviously both a guess and a generalization so might not be true for your friend.

Knowing what is going on should help you deal with it. Personally I wouldn't try to not feel guilty, it's a pretty useful human emotion, helps you not be a psycho (along with other things). Although there probably are people that should try to ignore those feelings more, or at least learn how to deal with them as it might be a real detriment to someone's life. For me at least trying to understand the motivation behind inflicting the guilt trip and trying to understand why they did it helps. It might also help to try to communicate your feeling about this to the other person, let them know what they are doing as they might not realize how hurtful it is. Although this isn't easy and I'm no therapist so take my advice for what it is - some idiot on the internet spouting an opinion.

I understand your point and I hate it when people arent guilty or feel guilty over something they have done. Im actually pretty sensitive to other peoples emotions especially if I feel that I have done something to upset them and will be pro active about it - I guess I have learnt on being on the receiving end of this where people have angered me but they never know why. There is a difference though between feeling guilty over something you feel you have done and being an emotionless prick.

With mothers I guess no matter what you will always be mummys little boy and I dont mind that (not in front of a girlfriend tho GHod no) and I will always say sorry no matter what - cos ultimately they will never be around long enough. Maybe thats why its a female thing because its their motherly instinct.

I guess I just hate it when I have done NOTHING wrong yet people display things that I havent done and doesnt even concern me.

WHAT THE fudge?

How do you deal with them? Not give a fudge. Problem solved.

Back