• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grrrrrrr Holiday Booking

philspursuk

Sean Davis
Anyone else in the market for family holidays, all inclusive every summer ? Just noticed last year and now booking for next year that the choice has really narrowed to just 3 suppliers, First Choice, Thomson and Thomas Cook. Prices have spiked last year and for next year. It wasn't long ago you could search through many suppliers and therefore the cost would be less due to competition.

Does anyone else face the same frustrations ? Any reasoning for this ? Any magic solution to get a great deal ?

Anyone else in the market for family holidays, all inclusive every summer ? Just noticed last year and now booking for next year that the choice has really narrowed to just 3 suppliers, First Choice, Thomson and Thomas Cook. Prices have spiked last year and for next year. It wasn't long ago you could search through many suppliers and therefore the cost would be less due to competition.

Does anyone else face the same frustrations ? Any reasoning for this ? Any magic solution to get a great deal ?

Where I go in Rhodes used to be 3 different holiday companies meaning competitive pricing, this year its just Thomas Cook and the price is £100 dearer for the week each than we have ever paid

http://www.travelzoo.com/uk/

Personally all inc. is my idea of hell, but Travelzoo is a good place to look for all things discounted.

I get your viewpoint, but we've been 5 times in the caribbean and when you've got young kids it's a godsend. They really learn to fend for themselves as they don't have to keep pestering mum and dad for money for this and that.
And that means more rum time for me. \o/

Been on all inclusive and self catering. The thing I'd say about all inclusive is the temptation is there to just spend your whole time in one place.

Been on all inclusive and self catering. The thing I'd say about all inclusive is the temptation is there to just spend your whole time in one place.

This is my problem with all-inc as well. I like to see the place, that said I don't yet have any kids to entertain so that may change once I do.

Have you tried looking for flights through skyscanner and then find all-inc hotels through brochures and approach them direct. Might work out cheaper?

Went with teletext holidays and saved £165 each compared to Thomas cook, £205 each compared to first choice and £375 each compared to going into first choice store. Same hotel, same dates (one day later than with first choice as still using Tomas cook airlines)

That's 2 weeks all in in cuba

Ps I'm going all in coz for me I then don't have to worry about when the spending money runs out. Happy to travel about til I'm skint then stay in hotel til home time

I get your viewpoint, but we've been 5 times in the caribbean and when you've got young kids it's a godsend. They really learn to fend for themselves as they don't have to keep pestering mum and dad for money for this and that.
And that means more rum time for me. \o/

Holiday + Kids = All Inclusive

Went with teletext holidays and saved £165 each compared to Thomas cook, £205 each compared to first choice and £375 each compared to going into first choice store. Same hotel, same dates (one day later than with first choice as still using Tomas cook airlines)

That's 2 weeks all in in cuba

How much you pay for this? Fancied going to Cuba for a while.

How much you pay for this? Fancied going to Cuba for a while.

Paid £732 each for two weeks all in at a hotel that has been personally recommended by a few different people.

I'll pm you details if you want mate?

Got a little boy now but when I was single I twice went over to Spain. Both times I turned up at Stansted, bought a last minute deal, got a taxi to the main square (Malaga and Valencia) and found the cheapest hotel. It helps that I speak fairly good Spanish and had no kids as I do now but it's the best way to travel IMO.

Paid £732 each for two weeks all in at a hotel that has been personally recommended by a few different people.

I'll pm you details if you want mate?

Yes please and how much were flights.

I'm more looking to go with the missus.

Plus I want to smoke some massive cigars.

Back