• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

After four seasons with United, during which time he won two Premier League titles in 2008–09 and 2010–11, as well as the Premier League Golden Boot in 2010–11

He won that golden boot with a fairly low total (20 goals won't win the golden boot that often iirc), which included 5 goals in one game and a hat-trick in another *edit* it was actually two hat-tricks and the 5 goal game, so over half his goals in just 3 games. They all count, but those couple of games skew his contribution to that season imo. He was so essential to Utd that when they made the Champions League final, he didn't even get a place on the bench. In his other full seasons there, he scored 9 league goals and 12 league goals.

He won those league titles for Man Utd in the same way that Phil Neville won them i.e. they could have had one of the cones from training in the squad and it wouldn't have made any difference.

Oh, and he's a qunt who refused to play for us. He's up there with Campbell, though not quite at his level (either as a player for his position, or as a qunt). So I won't cut him any slack when it comes to my summary of his time at Man Utd! :D

Last edited:
He played in the 2009 CL final.

That’s hardly complete irrelevance.

Some hyperbole on my part, guilty as charged.

But, when you see how important he was for us, he never made anything like the impact at Utd. Which is why he ended up at Fulham afterwards and then in the nothing leagues after his time there was up. Rooney stayed and became their record goalscorer. Ronaldo did quite well after he left. Even Tevez ended up scoring loads for Emirates Marketing Project and then going to Juventus.

Berbatov has some token medals, but like I said, he's more in the Phil Neville bracket than the Ronaldo/Rooney one. He just wasn't important for Utd and his career tailed off pretty fast imo -- which is why I said he faded into irrelevance (poor choice of words on my part).

Anyway, apologies for derailing the thread!

Oh, and he's a qunt who refused to play for us. He's up there with Campbell, though not quite at his level (either as a player for his position, or as a qunt). So I won't cut him any slack when it comes to my summary of his time at Man Utd! :D

Completely agree. The only Spurs player I've ever booed while they were still one of us. He was also the only ex-player I didn't applaud at the final game at WHL. Not that I hold grudges or anything...

Edit. And my apologies for exacerbating the derailment.

He can be ambitious and not act like a qunt at the same time. When we refused Modric his move to Chelsea, he knuckled down, played well for us for another season and then was granted a move to Real Madrid, where he has had a stellar career.

Or players can go down the Berbatov route; act like a complete qunt, refuse to play for the club to force a move, get the move and then fade into complete irrelevance.
I agree, but I think Modric pushed a lot harder than Grealish did. If he pushed as hard and got refused then that's fair enough, but I don't get that impression.

Also, the gap between Villa and Spurs is a lot larger than that between Spurs and Real. It wouldn't be fair, for example, to expect Modric to have behaved the same way if he had been at West Ham and Real had come calling.

Suprise suprise.

Bruce on the Grealish subject confirming that had we not tinkled around we'd have got him.

I agree, the question is that was that number something that we could've afforded but didn't take up because of their financial situation.

Well yea, if we pay whatever Villa want then I’m sure he would be a Spurs player, but it would be the wrong thing to do. We had our value for him and it was lower than villas value, simple.
Not true. The bids we made right at the end of the window were more than Villa we’re asking for him earlier that Summer.

Last edited:
Back