• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

So how many people have watched this guy more than the 1 game he done well in? Seems everyone is over hyping the boy after 1 game.

When i was looking at the Villa forum a few months back they were calling this kid not good enough.

Wow considering how sh!te they are that is quite a statement

So how many people have watched this guy more than the 1 game he done well in? Seems everyone is over hyping the boy after 1 game.

When i was looking at the Villa forum a few months back they were calling this kid not good enough.
Ive watched a lot of him, and he is an obviously very talented player.

I dont know what Villa forum you've been looking at but the few Villa fans I know love him, as they all do on Twitter and doesnt sound like they want him gone on this fourm:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/4026-jack-grealish/?page=743

But I believe he only has a year left on his contract, so they have to be careful, next summer they will be getting nothing

I'm guessing around £22m'ish. But we will see....not overly bothered about transfers ATM. It is too early and more importantly, it's all down to how much money is available.

If we do sign him, I will support him. I still don't rate him and I would expect him to become as much maligned as Sissoko after two seasons.

If we do sign him, I will support him. I still don't rate him and I would expect him to become as much maligned as Sissoko after two seasons.

Im not sure any player will be that badly received. Especially as he actually has skill and technique.

Hutton has apparently signed on significantly reduced terms despite a good offer from Forest.

I just saw the headline, fair play to him in that case.

But I believe he only has a year left on his contract, so they have to be careful, next summer they will be getting nothing

If I read this right under 24 so not free

"to pay compensation to for the training and development of the centre-forward as he was under the age of 24.1 In the absence of agreement between the two clubs, it was left to a tribunal, the Professional Football Compensation Committee (PFCC), to determine the level of compensation payable.."
https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/s...ct-football-players-the-fpcc-danny-ings-award

I'm guessing around £22m'ish. But we will see....not overly bothered about transfers ATM. It is too early and more importantly, it's all down to how much money is available.

If they've got cash flow problems, £15m up front might be more use to them than £20m+ over several years.

A bit like what we did with Leeds and Southampton when we paid up Bale early but for less.

If they've got cash flow problems, £15m up front might be more use to them than £20m+ over several years.

A bit like what we did with Leeds and Southampton when we paid up Bale early but for less.

Got the picture in my head of Daniel having an attack of the vapours reading ‘£15m up front!’

Who knows what is in Levy’s plans. When the World Cup finishes we may know more.
I think there could be a few tears on here by the time we kickoff at St James’s Park.

Last edited:
Got the picture in my head of Daniel having an attack of the vapours reading ‘£15m up front!’

It's cheap in today's market and it is the kind of move that we have done before. If it doesn't work out, we could still move him on at a profit next summer.

It's cheap in today's market and it is the kind of move that we have done before. If it doesn't work out, we could still move him on at a profit next summer.

Oh yes I agree with you!
But I don’t hear Levy saying “£15m up front is cheap in today’s market” ever!

I’m hoping for some good signing but expecting! That’s a different matter.
Ill be happy if and when we secure Eriksen with a new contract.
Then Dele and the rest I’ll live with.

Last edited:
Oh yes I agree with you!
But I don’t hear Levy saying “£15m up front is cheap in today’s market” ever!

I’m hoping for some good signing but expecting! That’s a different matter.
Ill be happy if and when we secure Eriksen with a new contract.
Then Dele and the rest I’ll live with.

It's exactly the kind of deal we have done numerous times. The numbers aren't really relevant to the discussion, the point is that how the deal is structured may be more important to Villa than the total amount received.

It's exactly the kind of deal we have done numerous times. The numbers aren't really relevant to the discussion, the point is that how the deal is structured may be more important to Villa than the total amount received.

Yep and Grealish is ideal for Poch and the gang to improve for the future!
I hope that people are not expecting the Bale type block buster signing to go along with the new stadium etc.
Grealish is ideal and I would love a good Dembele replacement + the new contracts and job done!

We need a Dembele-esque CM heir much more than we need a 6th choice AM.

Onomah has a much higher ceiling than Grealish and I'm sure will have a much more successful career

We need what Poch suggests. If you take a step back, Grealish could allow Eriksen a rest from time to time. They will replace Dembele. Sadly, I think Onomah’s time might have passed, though Poch was a fan!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Eaech of the Shaqiri and Grealish links almost make the other one more believe given that if either came in, they'd be Eriksen's understudy and enable him to take a game off now and then. Shaqiri and Grealish are slightly different player (Shaqiri more a passer, Grealish more a dribbler) but they'd fulfill the same role. I'm pleased that we're looking for an understudy for CE given that, whilst he's irreplaceable, we need some form of cover for him

Back