• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Graham Potter

Would this not be replacing like for like, getting promoted and staying in PL is not the profile we need in a manager with our expectations. We appear not to know what we want, pragmatic result based style or entertaining attacking. I prefer the latter but I'm prepared to accept not winning every game.

In a club where staying in the PL is seen as success and not having to deal with constant media attention.
Ok…
No manager will be prepared to join us who has gone through the scrutiny they get here… they would also have better offers
We have to look for the next manager who is up and coming

I think I read somewhere there’s a gentleman’s agreement that Prem Clubs don’t approach Prem managers mid season?

Of course we all know how Levy respects a gentleman’s agreement :D

I think I read somewhere there’s a gentleman’s agreement that Prem Clubs don’t approach Prem managers mid season?

Why would that exist for managers but not players?

Not saying you are wrong, just questioning the logic of such an agreement.

Why would that exist for managers but not players?

Not saying you are wrong, just questioning the logic of such an agreement.
I guess it’s because there’s no managerial transfer window as such, so it can be very unsettling if a manger is poached at any point during the season and could even be a tactic used to do so? Especially at the bottom end of the table?

Trying to think of the last time it happened too, Pardew to Palace from Saudi Sportswashing Machine was over 5 years ago.

Obviously I hope I’m wrong as I’d be delighted with Potter!

I guess it’s because there’s no managerial transfer window as such, so it can be very unsettling if a manger is poached at any point during the season and could even be a tactic used to do so? Especially at the bottom end of the table?

Trying to think of the last time it happened too, Pardew to Palace from Saudi Sportswashing Machine was over 5 years ago.

Obviously I hope I’m wrong as I’d be delighted with Potter!

Could be equally unsettling with a player too though.

this is the second time this week i've heard this. When was the last time it happened? So guess it makes sense.

I (like many others) wanted Potter in the Summer. I am chuffed to be getting Conte, but i do worry our club suits Potter as a fit better than Conte. Nothing Levy has done on the football side makes me think Conte will work.

this is the second time this week i've heard this. When was the last time it happened? So guess it makes sense.

I (like many others) wanted Potter in the Summer. I am chuffed to be getting Conte, but i do worry our club suits Potter as a fit better than Conte. Nothing Levy has done on the football side makes me think Conte will work.
Pardew Saudi Sportswashing Machine to Palace I think. Which didn’t really unsettle Saudi Sportswashing Machine as I think they wanted rid and he had that 8 year contract.
I do like Potter, we might need Conte right now though to kick the current crop into line and weed out the wrong ins while over seeing a refresh and getting us out of the current malaise, then when he throws his standard hissy fit because we didn’t sign Haaland after he’d delivered significant improvement maybe then we we bring Potter in with the squad in a better place to take on some new ideas?

Pardew Saudi Sportswashing Machine to Palace I think. Which didn’t really unsettle Saudi Sportswashing Machine as I think they wanted rid and he had that 8 year contract.
I do like Potter, we might need Conte right now though to kick the current crop into line and weed out the wrong ins while over seeing a refresh and getting us out of the current malaise, then when he throws his standard hissy fit because we didn’t sign Haaland after he’d delivered significant improvement maybe then we we bring Potter in with the squad in a better place to take on some new ideas?

all fair but in 18mths Graham Potter will no longer be at Brighton.

all fair but in 18mths Graham Potter will no longer be at Brighton.
That could be an issue! Where do you see him going though, City may want a proven title winner, United don’t seem interested in coaching, Klopp seems sets for a bit longer and he doesn’t fit the usual Chelsea MO.

He may have some principles that mean not Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton feels like expectations will outweigh their budget and fingers crossed Goons can continue to believe in the process for a little longer!
Plus Poch will be available in 18 months :D

That could be an issue! Where do you see him going though, City may want a proven title winner, United don’t seem interested in coaching, Klopp seems sets for a bit longer and he doesn’t fit the usual Chelsea MO.

He may have some principles that mean not Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton feels like expectations will outweigh their budget and fingers crossed Goons can continue to believe in the process for a little longer!
Plus Poch will be available in 18 months :D
Leicester. Rogers will be going.

Very smart tactical move from Potter to use Trossard as a false 9. It exploited a growing defensive weakness in LFC’s midfield.........
Seems that if Kane drops deep he is a lazy idiot who should be in the box, but if Potter's Trossard drops deep it is a tactical masterstroke...

Well at least that’s good practice for when he might become Spurs manager!

I read somewhere it may be been booing in relation to a sub that wasn’t well received rather than booing the result / their current league position, makes it a little more reasonable but still odd.

Be great if we could run a simulation where we’d got Potter in, sure it’s easy to say now but it feels like he may have done better than Nuno.

Back