• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gotze???

giphy.gif

Bild aren't as bad as some of the English rags, too. o_O

Wow. There's like a 0.0001 percent chance this actually happens, but it would be an *amazing* signing if we could pull it off.

Now there's a player I really don't want at the club. Huge fee, huge wages, huge reputation. Not known for tracking back. No physicality. Out of form for more than 2 seasons. Appears to have a pretty poor attitude. It would take a couple of weeks before the media label him a flop.

Well, we definitely play in a different system now, but the same things were said about VDV as well, no?

Gotze's work rate shouldn't be a problem - he played, and excelled, under Klopp, the man who took Bielsa's pressing, turned into a distinctive style of his own (namely, gegenpressing) and then took Dortmund to the heights. Sure, he was criticized for his work-rate at Bayern, but I don't think that's a final indictment of the way he's going to play for the rest of his career, given that he's only 24. Physicality-wise, he's short, stocky and fairly powerful on the run - he's slow, true, but that isn't an indicator of his overall physicality. Attitude wise, I can't say - I haven't followed him closely enough at Bayern. But, I will point out that Saints fans all moaned about Wanyama's tinkle-poor attitude all of last season, and that didn't prevent us going after him again.

Huge fee, probably. Huge wages, very probably. Not as unaffordable as they once would have been, but no doubt significant. But there's a potential payoff at the end of it that I think would be worth it.

Edit; wait, I've just had a thought - this isn't to replace Eriksen, is it? That would be an undoubted dampener. :(

Last edited:
I know he's a massive name and a Bayern player, but I've never been that impressed with him, relative to the hype around him. Given the fee, wages and hype, he's far more likely to end up at Chelsea than Spurs anyway

Now there's a player I really don't want at the club. Huge fee, huge wages, huge reputation. Not known for tracking back. No physicality. Out of form for more than 2 seasons. Appears to have a pretty poor attitude. It would take a couple of weeks before the media label him a flop.

I agree. No thanks. Cheatski can have him

giphy.gif

Bild aren't as bad as some of the English rags, too. o_O

Wow. There's like a 0.0001 percent chance this actually happens, but it would be an *amazing* signing if we could pull it off.

Well, we definitely play in a different system now, but the same things were said about VDV as well, no?

Gotze's work rate shouldn't be a problem - he played, and excelled, under Klopp, the man who took Bielsa's pressing, turned into a distinctive style of his own (namely, gegenpressing) and then took Dortmund to the heights. Sure, he was criticized for his work-rate at Bayern, but I don't think that's a final indictment of the way he's going to play for the rest of his career, given that he's only 24. Physicality-wise, he's short, stocky and fairly powerful on the run - he's slow, true, but that isn't an indicator of his overall physicality. Attitude wise, I can't say - I haven't followed him closely enough at Bayern. But, I will point out that Saints fans all moaned about Wanyama's tinkle-poor attitude all of last season, and that didn't prevent us going after him again.

Huge fee, probably. Huge wages, very probably. Not as unaffordable as they once would have been, but no doubt significant. But there's a potential payoff at the end of it that I think would be worth it.

Edit; wait, I've just had a thought - this isn't to replace Eriksen, is it? That would be an undoubted dampener. :(

Let's beat Dortmund to this signing and then sell them Chadli :)

Fat, overrated and unmotivated... No thanks.

As I've said before, Kroos or Reus over Goiter any day.

Now where did I remember hearing something similar??? Oh yes, when VDV signed. Wasn't half bad was he?

Those kind of comments smack of the arrogance of some of our fans. Can we realistically except to sign a Kroos?? Like hell we do.

Our only chance of seeing world class players in the lillywhite is either if we grow them ourselves (Kane), find them as diamonds in the rough (Alli) or else take a chance at players who were acknowledged to be seriously world class but have got into a rut of some sort. Gotze falls in the latter category.

As for overrated, he has a first touch and dribbling ability that eclipses every single player in our squad... and some

Kane is not world class!

In the EPL there are but a few truly "World Class players" arguably one or two De Gae and Aguaro.

when fit Kompany?

i suppose it depends on what the fee would be, but for a attacking M/F player who can also play on the flanks he would be a very good buy.

Back