• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye Niko

Good player that was not utilised as he should have been.

Still, managed to get a decent fee for him. Should hopefully free up wages and allow for a new signing.

Fair well and good luck Niko.

when people are talking about like for like replacements...does that mean that they dont want different styles of play? they dont want a plan B?

His best attribute was long range scorchers. He's capable of 1 goal every 3 games from midfield. For that reason he's an attractive player. But not the work rate or tenacity of most favored midfielders.

His best attribute was long range scorchers. He's capable of 1 goal every 3 games from midfield. For that reason he's an attractive player. But not the work rate or tenacity of most favored midfielders.

Niko played most on the flanks and in those positions he did work hard? his legs just didnt move fast so people think he didnt work hard. he never walked back on defense playing on the flanks like VDV did in the early part of the season...never

mhm, Niko could, but when was he played in his best?

AM? then maybe LM? Not particularly often, instead he was forced into RM.. like vdv is sometimes.. it's not good tactical nous..

and yet when he has played there the team did okay? liverpool at home , then away to poo, Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home...

honestly he wasnt nearly as bad as people made out

and yet when he has played there the team did okay? liverpool at home , then away to poo, Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home...

honestly he wasnt nearly as bad as people made out

He wasn't atrocious there, just not where he could be at his best. Should have been used as more of a natural backup for Vdv, who suffered from the occasional hamstring issues this season..

Wasn't Niko injured for a lot of last season? When VDV was out, Niko was also injured. Very unfortunate.

Ultimately its hard to incorporate one player like VDV. Niko needed to move to be on the team sheet for each game. Though VDV and Niko can track back its not their natural game. Scoring outlandish goals is what they excel at. But with limited pace they're not equipped to lead the line or play on the wing.

Shame that we let him go, but Harry was never gonna play him, and he, of course wants to play. Same with Gio. Two very talented players that are good enough and should have been rotated more.

I think with Niko every-time in future I see a goal or assist or lovely bit of skill I will wonder "What if"? But the reality I think is that he appears to be a player too good and would stand out for teams placed 4th - 20th but not good enough for top 4 if that makes sense..

Back