• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye Niko

spurspinter1

Paul Stalteri
Spurs just got a little bit less sexy.

We have reached agreement for the transfer of Niko Kranjcar to Dynamo Kiev.

The midfield playmaker joined us from Portsmouth at the beginning of September 2009 and subsequently made 72 appearances in our colours, scoring 11 goals.

The 27-year-old Croatian international is currently with his national team preparing for Euro2012 and we wish him every success for the future.

images

My favourite goal of his.

[video=youtube;MmYTmLn1Djs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmYTmLn1Djs[/video]

Vintage Eider as well.

My favourite was the little kick past Toure, run round him and then nutmeg Given with the outside of his boot in the 3-0 win at home to City :)

He just gets better the longer he has left us. I tend to remember the times he wasted his talent, probably one of our most technical players but just use to drift in games. Good luck to him

Farewell Niko Kranjcar. Thanks for your service to Spurs.

Personally I thought he was a good player and more than worthy of a spot in our squad. Certainly I'd have him on the bench ahead of Jenas, Bentley, dos Santos or even Pienaar (no, they don't all play the same position, I'm just talking about general footballing ability), so I hope we don't hold onto any of them at his expense. That said, I don't blame Kranjcar for wanting to move somewhere he'll be a first-team regular, rather than part of someone's "strength in depth" equation.

And if the money being quoted is accurate, then we did a decent bit of business on him.

See ya Niko. One hell of a sheeeexy boy as Big Martin would no doubt have put it. Damn good player too, personally thought he should have played more in the last 18 months. Didn't realise he'd played as many as 72 games for us.

Some of those 11 goals were total beauties too. Agree with the above mentions in terms of his sheeeexy goals, thought his blast in the 9-1 was absolutely sick too. He was fudging immense that day, probably our third best player behind JD and Azza in the game, which actually is quite a feat given how well the whole team played.

Agreed GGyid - otherwise, he's a decent player

Clearing out players like this should leave space on the 25 squad (and wages) to get someone else in, so it's fine by me

Probably the most technically gifted footballer and I include Modric in that - tremendous skill and he could really shoot. would have been interested to see him given some game time in the VDV role if possible.

Anyways, all the best....

My favourite goal of his.

[video=youtube;MmYTmLn1Djs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmYTmLn1Djs[/video]

Vintage Eider as well.

A well-taken goal, but my favourite Niko goal will always be his late late winner v Bolton. What a 60 seconds that was, the Kranjcar goal and the news came through that Saudi Sportswashing Machine had come back from 4-0 down to equalise

My favourite was the little kick past Toure, run round him and then nutmeg Given with the outside of his boot in the 3-0 win at home to City :)

Same. That was sublime skill.

Crying shame he has no pace;would be right up there with it.

A very talented footballer, physically underrated as well, who has been mismanaged and marginalised. At least he isn't going to a premier league team.

Technically gifted footballer, but simply had better players ahead of him at the club.

For his talent, he's wasted as a squad option, but that's all he'd ever be in that situation.

Can't say I'll miss him much as we're more reliant on those better players.

Was fantastic during his first season with us but barely got a look in after that. Comes on late against Bolton - scores the winner, plays the next game against Sunderland - scores the winner. Dropped for the next game against Milan, barely scraps 50 minutes of football for the rest of the season, that must've been excellent for his confidence/motivation. Even the past season we won pretty much every game he played in but was ditched as soon as one of the other players returned(even when they weren't 100%)

Bale or Lennon get injured, there's Niko thinking here's his chance, but no ... instead we move around half the team to accommodate one missing player when Kranjcar could've just played instead.

Was fantastic during his first season with us but barely got a look in after that. Comes on late against Bolton - scores the winner, plays the next game against Sunderland - scores the winner. Dropped for the next game against Milan, barely scraps 50 minutes of football for the rest of the season, that must've been excellent for his confidence/motivation. Even the past season we won pretty much every game he played in but was ditched as soon as one of the other players returned(even when they weren't 100%)

Bale or Lennon get injured, there's Niko thinking here's his chance, but no ... instead we move around half the team to accommodate one missing player when Kranjcar could've just played instead.

I thought he started against Stoke?

Back