• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internazionale crushed in the first leg and defended well in the second.

Real Madrd still beat them in the Copa Del Rey final and look set to win the league this year. Not too shaby

You need not be Inter or Real to draw or even beat Barca...as so many Spanish teams have proven in this season's La Liga.

You need not be Inter or Real to draw or even beat Barca...as so many Spanish teams have proven in this season's La Liga.

Yeah but they have the bonus of playing them 2+ times a season, eventually your going to find some sort of tactic that works.

He is getting a lot of praise from the Leverkusen fans and rightly so.He was solid in defence and nothing came through his side.He is now on the same amount of assists as Walker this season.

Don't think there is any doubt that Charlie can cross the ball better than Walker, the ball for the Barca goal was perfect. If Walker improves on this aspect he'll be a scary player indeed

CL opponents also have to faced Barca 2 times, unless it's the final.

No, i mean that Teams in the league with Barcelona will play them year in year out 2 times every year.

Whereas Champions league teams only get to face them over two legs maybe once every five years or so.

Trial and error succeeds where tactical nous might fail.

We have reached agreement with Lokomotiv Moscow for the transfer of Vedran Corluka.

The Croatia international joined us from Emirates Marketing Project on the final day of the 2008 summer transfer window and went on to make 110 appearances, scoring once.

The defender spent the second half of last season on loan with Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen.

We wish Vedran all the best for the future.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/corluka-heading-to-moscow-29062012.page?

GOODBYE CHARLIE...

Drug-Bust.jpg

:tumbleweed:

Big fan of Corluka, and am sad to see him go.

Seems to get a real unfair deal on here IMO.

Quality player, part of a record breaking defence and showed us the best of Lennon. Will always get a nod from me.

Likeable guy, part of the first real good Spurs team in a long time, and our Croat generation that seems gone now.

Glad Levy seems to be selling our decent players to non-English Clubs.

All the best Charlie, thanks for the good times

I'm amazed we didnt ask Charlie to hang on to see if the new manager would use him a bit more. He must have really wanted to go

Crivens...another season of Walker :(

Great athlete, but no brain whatsoever.

why would corluka leave when he knows that harry has left?
wouldn't he want to take a chance with a new coach? I'm sure AVB would love his ball playing skills.

why would corluka leave when he knows that harry has left?
wouldn't he want to take a chance with a new coach? I'm sure AVB would love his ball playing skills.

This.

And to Russia? I can only surmise that he doesn't want to return due to maybe the players or the chairman cos it can't be Harry. Maybe more money but seems weird. £7m reportedly?

We went into to a new direction with Walker and Naughton, thats not likely to change just because we have a new manager - probably just saw that the writing was on the wall - particularly when we accepted a bid

We went into to a new direction with Walker and Naughton, thats not likely to change just because we have a new manager - probably just saw that the writing was on the wall - particularly when we accepted a bid

A new manager makes all the difference. Unless the new manager has already spoken to him and told him he wouldn't be part of his plans there's no way he would know if he would be or not. Seems knee jerk to leave IMO.

I disagree. A new manager will fit the requirements of the Chairman, same as the last manager. If the Chairman wants a younger, pacier side (for example) then it wouldnt make a jot of difference who the manager is.

As well as that, what is knee jerk about leaving when not getting games, getting loaned out and then having a bid accepted for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back