• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

mick cooper

Neil Sullivan
I have just been released from my latest ban, where I was banned for pointing out to another poster what a knob I was when I was his age. So I was banned for self abuse - which, as far as I can tell would get an awful lot of posters on here banned as well.

Crawley pointed out to me, several bans ago that the board is made up of posters from a different generation to myself, with different values and attitudes and that I will have to adjust. I think its fair to say that if people can't be pleasant to one another, or present their views, without doing so in such a polarised and vitriolic a manner - as so many do on here, then I guess he is right. I am a victim of my own strain of the Marty McFly disease, I can't pass up an insult, or an abusive response - without responding in kind, the problem being that I'm actually quite articulate when I'm being insulting, which even when I direct it at myself, I get into trouble.

So I'm going to quit while I'm still allowed to say goodbye.

I don't want to participate on this board anymore, as I don't like the way that it is being moderated, and that is my problem. The latest crop of moderators don't talk about Spurs or football in a manner that I find acceptable, and to be frank, the brick that was unleashed on this site at our last manager was the most shameful and mindless outpouring of filth and rubbish that I have ever had the misfortune to witness. If nobody wants to put a stop to that manner of expressing your feelings, then I'm happy to be excluded from this club.

There are some fantastic posters on here, and I will miss reading and chatting with them, but there are some mindlessly dreadful ones as well - and it saddens me that the moderators on here, are prepared to tolerate the sewer of rubbish that some of these plastic fans pour into this site. I really am old fashioned, I like my Spurs fans to actually have been to the ground - rather than to gob off about the club, players and management, without ever having a clue of how to get to the ground, let alone have stood or sung their lungs out on the terraces or in the stands...............or drunk the warm tinkley lager served up in plastic bottles! It makes me sad that these crappy people and posters are more acceptable than posters who either really understand their football or the club, or actually have something worthwhile to say, just because they hide behind the playground rules that the board is now ringfenced by.

I can't stand the aggressive flimflam spouted by some of the posters on here, or the keyboard warriors or internet tough guys - but you get them everywhere, so thats not really the issue.

So - a heartfelt thanks to all you good guys, and to the people that I have met, who know the real me, and for all the great entertainment that the majority of you have provided me with over the years. I hope I have managed to provide some of you with some entertainment of my own, or a smile at least on the odd occasion, in return.

And to all of the "merchants" who will simply use this as an opportunity to make one final snipe - take one thought with you, if I tinkled you off in some way that makes you want to do that - then good, because you more than likely deserved it.

Lets hope the club goes on to be everyting that true, genuine and committed Spurs fans deserve it to be.

Sadly, the game of football has been hijacked, and it may never happen without the club selling the soul of all of the Tottenham greats to the devil.

COYS

BR

Mick

Who are you and what has this got to do with Spurs?

A bit of a crass response which just concludes Micks sentiment.

I have been a lurker for a while, and he is a long term poster.

Nonetheless, if you are serious Mick - All the best for the future. Maybe come back soon?

Do you say you're done with Spurs? I understand the sentiment but I've just done a month. I thought I was harshly done by. You just take it on the chin and keep backing your opinions. Why take your bat home? Or just don't post And move on?

I have just about always appreciated your posts Mick. Hope you have a re-think and return to the board at some point in the future. I'm sure there will be some snide comments if you do, but you would be very welcome back.

If not, best of luck with whatever it is you will do with your time when not on here and all the best.

Mick, you are far too outspoken for your own good, some people can't take it here ! Very sad to see you go, just lurk why doncha - when i get back, i'd certainly like to meet ya, Douglas Adams wannabe.

Best of luck, but stay around...

I have just been released from my latest ban, where I was banned for pointing out to another poster what a knob I was when I was his age. So I was banned for self abuse - which, as far as I can tell would get an awful lot of posters on here banned as well.

Crawley pointed out to me, several bans ago that the board is made up of posters from a different generation to myself, with different values and attitudes and that I will have to adjust. I think its fair to say that if people can't be pleasant to one another, or present their views, without doing so in such a polarised and vitriolic a manner - as so many do on here, then I guess he is right. I am a victim of my own strain of the Marty McFly disease, I can't pass up an insult, or an abusive response - without responding in kind, the problem being that I'm actually quite articulate when I'm being insulting, which even when I direct it at myself, I get into trouble.

So I'm going to quit while I'm still allowed to say goodbye.

I don't want to participate on this board anymore, as I don't like the way that it is being moderated, and that is my problem. The latest crop of moderators don't talk about Spurs or football in a manner that I find acceptable, and to be frank, the brick that was unleashed on this site at our last manager was the most shameful and mindless outpouring of filth and rubbish that I have ever had the misfortune to witness. If nobody wants to put a stop to that manner of expressing your feelings, then I'm happy to be excluded from this club.

There are some fantastic posters on here, and I will miss reading and chatting with them, but there are some mindlessly dreadful ones as well - and it saddens me that the moderators on here, are prepared to tolerate the sewer of rubbish that some of these plastic fans pour into this site. I really am old fashioned, I like my Spurs fans to actually have been to the ground - rather than to gob off about the club, players and management, without ever having a clue of how to get to the ground, let alone have stood or sung their lungs out on the terraces or in the stands...............or drunk the warm tinkley lager served up in plastic bottles! It makes me sad that these crappy people and posters are more acceptable than posters who either really understand their football or the club, or actually have something worthwhile to say, just because they hide behind the playground rules that the board is now ringfenced by.

I can't stand the aggressive flimflam spouted by some of the posters on here, or the keyboard warriors or internet tough guys - but you get them everywhere, so thats not really the issue.

So - a heartfelt thanks to all you good guys, and to the people that I have met, who know the real me, and for all the great entertainment that the majority of you have provided me with over the years. I hope I have managed to provide some of you with some entertainment of my own, or a smile at least on the odd occasion, in return.

And to all of the "merchants" who will simply use this as an opportunity to make one final snipe - take one thought with you, if I tinkled you off in some way that makes you want to do that - then good, because you more than likely deserved it.

Lets hope the club goes on to be everyting that true, genuine and committed Spurs fans deserve it to be.

Sadly, the game of football has been hijacked, and it may never happen without the club selling the soul of all of the Tottenham greats to the devil.

COYS

BR

Mick

Can't say I am surprised Mick. I've had my run ins with you over the years, but you're spot on in what you write here. In fact, you've inspired me to not bother with this site anymore either (oh how certain posters will probably be delighted at this double win for them :lol: ) because you've summed up how I feel. Posting on here is not fun anymore unfortunately, or maybe I've just got too old for this brick.

I remember back to the A.S.S. days and there have always been idiots on forums. Wooks, Amadeus and Dan instantly spring to mind as three of the biggest tacos I've ever had the misfortune to have to try and debate (and try is the correct word because it was actually impossible to debate with them due to their lack of intelligence, common sense or both) with but it's funny how I remember the bad ones from A.S.S. because they stand out because they were idiots where the majority of posters were decent. Now on GG, for me it's the other way. The good posters stand out because there are so very few of them.

When I first joined GG, mainly because A.S.S. was dying due to SPAM levels and the death of the Usenet in general, I had a lot of run ins with posters (DanishLineker springs to mind about Hoddle!) but it was always heated debates about the football. The tactics, the merits of players etc. and yes I'll be arrogant on this one and history usually proved me right because the arguments that used to get the most heated were usually when I'd dismiss the latest young darling after a few games stating that he wouldn't become a Spurs legend or feature in a Spurs team as a regular in 5 seasons time etc (Davies, Etherington, Ziegler, Gardner, Routledge were the biggest five of my dismissals!) but I've also been wrong too and don't mind admitting it (Huddlestone I never thought would cut it as a Premiership player, let alone the future England colossus that many predicted and whilst I don't believe he'll ever be top quality he certainly has proven himself to be of high Premiership calibre).

So many posters on here now simply can't admit they're wrong. They act like politicians with their answers, simply spinning and distorting basic facts or obvious points simply to save face or back up some warped illogical agenda they have. The whole Redknapp saga has left me feeling very hollow towards Glory Glory. A similar thing happened when Jol was on his way out too and I ended up leaving for a couple of years.

I won't make that mistake again because quite frankly there are so few posters on here anymore who post interesting posts and like you I do agree that certain moderates are part of a "clique" and if you're part of that gang you can say what you want, goad, abuse etc. and never get called up on it. But if you try and defend yourself or dare to have an opinion that goes against that clique? Then everyone gangs up on that poster and then they all congratulate each other or laugh at each others jokes or "cutting" remarks (which are usually about as cutting as a very blunt spoon) in an effort to make the outcast poster even more small. And the problem is that me and you don't form part of that clique, and rather than just leave the site like most of them that they drive away me and you would actually stand and fight our corner. But I simply can't be arsed to fight that corner anymore, especially when there is less and less of us left to fight it......

Mick - It would be great for you to reconsider, but having read some of your previous posts, you strike me as a passionate, principled man who will not be changing their mind? In my honest opinion, this will be a real loss to this forum and I will miss your witty and incisive posts.

All the best and "Up the Spurs"!

shame you feel that way Mick, don't always agree with what you say but you're part of the furniture here, will be strange not having you here ripping someone to pieces every now and again ;)

Whilst I may not always have agreed with you, and gotten on with you mick. I have to say the place will definitely be losing something without you.

Good luck with whatever it is you do. Have a good one.

Mick, you are far too outspoken for your own good, some people can't take it here ! Very sad to see you go, just lurk why doncha - when i get back, i'd certainly like to meet ya, Douglas Adams wannabe.

Best of luck, but stay around...

not really sad at all, just a guy on the internet. my friend got killed recently...... now thats sad.

Well I hope that both Mick and Moonlit have more comebacks than Fleetwood Mac, the Who and Jonny Rotten out together.
We need good, experienced, seasoned debaters on here - and we also need fewer idiots who seem under the age of 21. In short, more old farts....from one old fart to another, don't leave guys!

It's a shame Mick.
We've had our exchanges, but we've always found a way to shake the old 'electronic' hand and move on.
I always felt a few pints in your company would've led to some blinding chat, a bit of bullishness, a bloody good laugh and a friend made.
Be good if you could find a way back here at some point...
Be well,
Steff

I remember back to the A.S.S. days and there have always been idiots on forums. Wooks, Amadeus and Dan instantly spring to mind as three of the biggest tacos I've ever had the misfortune to have to try and debate (and try is the correct word because it was actually impossible to debate with them due to their lack of intelligence, common sense or both) with but it's funny how I remember the bad ones from A.S.S. because they stand out because they were idiots where the majority of posters were decent. Now on GG, for me it's the other way.
Lol, hope you mean some Wooks on this mythical A.S.S, can't remember having a conversation with you!

It's a shame that we lose one of the better posters on here IMHO , but this is the nature of internet forums. Some of the idiots on here defy belief including one bloke whom I introduced to this forum and have regretted doing so ever since. Good luck Mick, your visit here to our family home earlier this year is remembered fondly and you are always welcome any time that you are in FL.

Mick, you'll be back. When you've had enough of the sea views, sunsets, frosty beers and general good living of island life, you'll be begging for the daily Cyber Crack that is GG... See you in the January window. Wear a stab proof vest though, the knives will probably be out for AVB by then ;)

It's a shame Mick.
We've had our exchanges, but we've always found a way to shake the old 'electronic' hand and move on.
I always felt a few pints in your company would've led to some blinding chat, a bit of bullishness, a bloody good laugh and a friend made.
Be good if you could find a way back here at some point...
Be well,
Steff

If you really found it a shame, you'd put an end to all this infraction point brick and petty moderation that is creating a mundane forum.

If people want to have heated debates just let them, let a bit of abuse go. Just ban if its every thread every day. Or simply delete offensive posts so that its not left for all to see and reply to.

Back