• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Good riddance to 2020

Although 2020 was a total brick show, one massive positive for me has been just how much time I've had with the kids and also changes to work
For years I have been gone for 12 hours a day getting the train to London, not seeing my little girl for hardly any time at all, but this year has been the best for quality time
I've had pretty much 9 months of seeing her grow and develop into the most incredible little girl, one who makes me laugh so much every day
That is the one thing I have had said thanks for in 2020

newyears2021a.png

Weird year for sure. Cost me a lot of business but then the Canadian government came through with an excellent compensation program that covered most of my losses and left me free time to do a lot of things I wouldn't have done otherwise. My wife got a lucrative contract to make 3,500 masks - a side hustle from her regular job - and we both worked to deliver them in six weeks.

Our kids moved out a year or two back, so, we used the money we received wisely and gave the house some needed renovations. Just recently put in a new fridge and stove, changed some shelving and repainted the kitchen.

In March-April, re-built a 12x12' garden deck (2x6" lumber) and 12 feet of 7 foot high wood fence (4x4" and 1 x8").

In July-Aug., completely replaced the plywood floor, sub-frame and foundation (2x8 and 2x10 lumber) of our 12 x 16' cottage boathouse.

Through the spring and summer, we expanded our vegetable garden and grew a couple of pretty wikked cannabis plants. Also shifted rhubarb plants from a sunny area to a shaded area and really liked the sweeter stalks they produced.

Bought an airbrush and compressor and taught myself how to use it decently well. Used it to paint a couple of custom diecast metal race cars. Bought a new chainsaw and took down some ash and maple trees at the cottage.

On the other hand, never once played golf, ate at a restaurant or bar, didn't hang out with friends very much and had to find new ways to exercise as the pool I visit for regular swims was closed. But I wasn't bored or frustrated in the least.

Sorry, missed this. Thanks! I've got a couple of bits on my soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/auroraman. Working on an originals EP at the moment, hopefully released by Spring :)

Nice! Thanks. :) For some reason I expected you to be making some weird London club music, haha, so this was unexpected! Not that you asked for feedback or anything, but I quite liked the industrial vibe on the one you posted just a few days ago. :) Good luck working on the EP!

Nice! Thanks. :) For some reason I expected you to be making some weird London club music, haha, so this was unexpected! Not that you asked for feedback or anything, but I quite liked the industrial vibe on the one you posted just a few days ago. :) Good luck working on the EP!

Thanks! The EP tracks are more poppy but enjoying getting a bit grungey and industrial when I'm playing with covers :)

one massive positive for me has been just how much time I've had with the kids...
For years I have been gone for 12 hours a day...
Ditto. I absolutely LOVE working from home (compared to commuting and sitting in a nasty office full of sc*************s).

Though don't forget that at points, your kids were driving you mad and you were tearing your hair out.

Though don't forget that at points, your kids were driving you mad and you were tearing your hair out.
Oh they do on an almost hourly basis
Home schooling has settled down now though and the past couple of days have been decent

Back