• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

1st outside hit of the year this morning at the range

Am playing Wednesday morning too early, really looking forward to it as not hit many of my new clubs on a course just yet

Its my 50th today so I have treated myself to a new set of irons (first lot in 17 years). The technology is massively different (went from a set of Titleist 735CM to a combo set of T200 and T100s). I love them, but they have taken a bit of getting used to as they are about 2 or 3 degrees stronger - but they are a lot more forgiving.

I think all the hype around the new Woods being released each year is rubbish, my driver (M6) is 5 years old and I hit it as well as any of the new gear that is out there. I shall wait til the face cracks!!!

Away for tomorrow and Monday playing https://www.manorofgrovesgolf.co.uk/ with 3 pals
We paid £72 each for bed, breakfast, dinner and 2 rounds of golf
Course is short but in pretty good nick but what a bargain
Will be finished in time tomorrow to watch our game on in the hotel bar too

Away for tomorrow and Monday playing https://www.manorofgrovesgolf.co.uk/ with 3 pals
We paid £72 each for bed, breakfast, dinner and 2 rounds of golf
Course is short but in pretty good nick but what a bargain
Will be finished in time tomorrow to watch our game on in the hotel bar too
Had a fun time with my pals
The course was not bad, greens were bobbly and not cut very well, not too squelchy though with some very nice holes
The 3 course dinner we got as part of the package was fantastic, very nice salmon to start and a decent sirloin steak too
Swimming pool was good, we did Aqua Aerobics with 30 gilfs yesterday morning was fun

Had a fun time with my pals
The course was not bad, greens were bobbly and not cut very well, not too squelchy though with some very nice holes
The 3 course dinner we got as part of the package was fantastic, very nice salmon to start and a decent sirloin steak too
Swimming pool was good, we did Aqua Aerobics with 30 gilfs yesterday morning was fun
That’s a bit annoying regards the greens. Looks like a nice track. They don’t need to be long to be a test.

Played Mill Green last week.It’s near Hatfield was in very good shape already and greens were pure . Going to try play loads this summer.

Twighlight rounds are my favourite. There’s something about unwinding after a day at work by playing 18 as the sun starts to set:

Twighlight rounds are my favourite. There’s something about unwinding after a day at work by playing 18 as the sun starts to set:
Massively love this too or for me I try and go out at 6.30am, 1st on the course round in 2 hours and back before I'm due to start work too

I am a member down at St. Austell. Lovely, tricky little track. Some absolutely cracking holes and the greens have come through the winter well. They recently hollow tined them and they are coming back but they have so many subtle little borrows. Summer comps have started so my goal this summer is to try and get into low single figures and play some solid golf. We shall see how it goes, just need to learn how to fudging putt!!!!!

Not sure how he will cope with 72 holes on a ridiculously up and down course
Was listening to Laura Davies on Sky yesterday saying it’s a tough walk and even the fittest players are blowing by 18. Reason I mention it was I was surprised at this personally. Thought they’d be well accustom to that sort of physical strain.

I feel like they let big fat alcy John Daly use a golf cart at some tournament, so should let players use golf carts if they have medical exemptions... but then I guess they would all choose to do that as it is less effort

Back