• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Not quite Michelson versus Watson, but ....

This is why the Americans are rarely as good as their players suggest they should be.

Then Reed gets paired with tiger who not only couldn't hit a barn door, but looked like he didn't care if he did. And it's all reeds fault, brilliant.

Michelson to captain the team in 2024?

Central to the American way is Phil Mickelson, who The Times understands had already been told he will captain the US team in 2024 in Bethpage. Mickelson infamously threw Tom Watson, his captain, under a bus at Gleneagles in 2014. In the post-defeat press conference that year, with all the players sitting at a top table along with their captain, Mickelson said the US had a “real game plan” in the past and had got away from a winning formula. Watson, for his part, had scoffed when the players offered him a signed replica of the trophy on the Saturday night, underlining the ill-feeling in the team.

This time the players presented a more united front at the concluding press conference, with Mickelson praising Furyk, but it would have been hard not to given Mickelson’s key role in setting up the so-called task force after the 2014 defeat.

Reed was less impressed and suggested he thought about going for Spieth when his team-mate said the players had been involved in every decision. Reed felt only a few star names had input. “I was looking at him [Spieth] like I was about to light the room up like Phil in ’14,” Reed said.
From the American side, Kevin Van Valkenburg of ESPN said that if Woods and Mickelson were to never hit another Ryder Cup shot again “maybe that’s for the best”. He added that the blame could not be entirely pinned on those two but said that after Mickelson “stepped on Tom Watson’s neck” to get more input for the senior players in the team in 2014, he and Woods had to “own” the defeat in France because they had a hand in the planning as well as the playing.

I can't believe in fourballs that they play as individuals, if one team mate is in trouble then play it safe on the green and go for par. If one is on the green then attack the pin. You don't both need to hit drivers off the tee etc. They just didn't complement each other well.

Quite telling that only Thomas had any real practice there and performed the best.

Looking forward to 2020 already, Whistling Straits is a lovely course. Links like.

I can't believe in fourballs that they play as individuals, if one team mate is in trouble then play it safe on the green and go for par. If one is on the green then attack the pin. You don't both need to hit drivers off the tee etc. They just didn't complement each other well.

Quite telling that only Thomas had any real practice there and performed the best.

Looking forward to 2020 already, Whistling Straits is a lovely course. Links like.
Doesn’t work.

Basically Americans can't deal with proper rough and out of bounds. In their game they can blast it wide and find a nice trampled spot and still get it on the green.
Rough is a massive part of golf, that is kinda the point, you have to be long but FIRST you have to be accurate. Better to be 30 yards back on the fairway rather than in the thick stuff.

Basically Americans can't deal with proper rough and out of bounds. In their game they can blast it wide and find a nice trampled spot and still get it on the green.
Rough is a massive part of golf, that is kinda the point, you have to be long but FIRST you have to be accurate. Better to be 30 yards back on the fairway rather than in the thick stuff.

Completely agree, they have just gone big and wild off the tee. There's barely any rough on US courses. Nice to see a course where there's a premium on accuracy.

Completely agree, they have just gone big and wild off the tee. There's barely any rough on US courses. Nice to see a course where there's a premium on accuracy.
I would like to see a course forcing the players to form shots rather than them being punished with 10 inches of thick grass, watching them brick their pants trying to move the ball anywhere.

Trees everywhere, some houses, maybe a hot air balloon hovering in the middle of the fairway.

Sent fra min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

I would like to see a course forcing the players to form shots rather than them being punished with 10 inches of thick grass, watching them brick their pants trying to move the ball anywhere.

Trees everywhere, some houses, maybe a hot air balloon hovering in the middle of the fairway.

Maybe a windmill too...

My irons stink atm, I'd be better off at a mini golf course.

Played a tourney Saturday and hit one good iron shot. Pured it like a pro and got tinkled off thinking why the flying eff can't I hit it like that every time??

My irons stink atm, I'd be better off at a mini golf course.

Played a tourney Saturday and hit one good iron shot. Pured it like a pro and got tinkled off thinking why the flying eff can't I hit it like that every time??

When your game stinks, what do you do? Buy new clubs. Well, not new, picked up a set of AP2 710's for £100. Project X 5.5 shafts, and I'm beating the hell out of them!

Been a Wilson Staff guy for 10 years, but this ends here.

Forgot all about it, think it's just on some stream over here, can't be arsed. Any fun?

closer to $20m including extra TV and sponsorship. Tiger would have done alright as well according to one guy on NBC Golf.
The course was fantastic but playing really hard and they were just not good enough to threaten the pins enough

upload_2018-11-24_10-49-53.png

$500 a round

Back