• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

That shot from Rose :eek:

G4Hf3LJ.gif

I wanns see Reed lose on the last and 20k people give him the ssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kaymer wins and a huge choke from Mahan again means Europe only needs 1 point to win the Ryder Cup again

Donaldson is 4 up so its coming home

One day a top golfer will proclaim "hey guys, just aim straight at the centre of the green and guess what... after 72 holes you come out better off than when you flirt with danger on every other shot" and he will be heralded as some sort of genius

He was a genius and his name was Moe Norman. Shot 59 four times and set over 40 course records. Along with Ben Hogan, Moe was the only player who's ever been in complete control of his swing.

Sent fra min HTC One via Tapatalk

Has anyone seen the results given with par scores? I saw some comment from someone who lost where he said his opponent was 8 under.

P.S. Wearing red pants (trousers) is never the solution.

Has anyone seen the results given with par scores? I saw some comment from someone who lost where he said his opponent was 8 under.

P.S. Wearing red pants (trousers) is never the solution.

Lost were 6, 7 and 8 under today, fantastic scoring considering the pressure

Celebrating with some Glenlivet right now.

But what's with the short par 5s at Gleneagles? 500 yards? That's like 35 and 85 yards shorter than two of the 5s at my home course.

And how come Garcia seems to be the only player in the world who has his centre of gravity behind his heels and as$? All the other players seem to stand in a more dynamic way over the ball.

Big Phil taking sly digs at Tom Watson in the press room, bit nasty that, although I think Watson was a terrible captain, he's still a legend and deserves the respect that comes with that.

But what's with the short par 5s at Gleneagles? 500 yards? That's like 35 and 85 yards shorter than two of the 5s at my home course.

They used to be longer but they shortened them so they were reachable in 2, risk and reward and all that jazz. Improved the holes a lot, according to Monty.

Thanks for the tip about Moe Norman, cool to know

Born in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, Norman developed his golf from childhood at the Rockway municipal course in that city, starting as a caddy in his pre-teen years. He refined his skills competing against talented area players such as Gary Cowan and Gerry Kesselring. He won back-to-back Canadian Amateur Championships in 1955 and 1956. He turned professional in 1957 and played briefly on the PGA Tour, but due to shyness, bullying he encountered from certain pros, and a preference to stay in Canada, he stayed primarily in Ontario rather than travel extensively outside Canada. In the 80s, Norman also played several events on the Senior PGA Tour.

Norman's play, along with his way of dressing, were both described as unconventional. He devised what is known as "The Norman Swing" —- rigid arms extended far from his body, a very wide stance with minimal knee bend, shorter-than-usual backswing and extended follow-through with minimal hand action, which produced amazingly accurate ball placement. He played extremely fast, sometimes not slowing to line up his putts. He was inducted into the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame in 1995. He was self-taught and never took a golf lesson.

Norman was known for sometimes unconventional behavior on the course. It is said that on one hole his caddy told him he could get to the green with a driver and a 9-iron. Naturally, he hit off the tee with his 9-iron and then hit the green with his driver. In another event, rather than lay up short of a creek hazard which could not be carried, he bounced his drive across the bridge which crossed the creek.

Norman's skills as a ball striker are legendary. Sam Snead, himself one of the all-time greatest golfers, described Norman as the greatest striker of the ball. In January 2005, Tiger Woods, the biggest golf star of the modern era, told Golf Digest's Jaime Diaz that only two golfers in history have "owned their swings": Moe Norman and Ben Hogan.
Stated Woods, "I want to own mine." Late in his life, Norman found better financial security when Titleist, a major golf manufacturer, signed him to a lifetime contract to perform golf exhibitions across Canada after he allegedly told a reporter, "Titleist never did nothing for me."

Back