• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

On a different subject, does anyone else find it hard to warm to Rory McIlroy? When the won the Open, some 12 year old kid came up to him for an autograph as he made his way back to the clubhouse and kind of arrogantly dismissed him.

Nope.

Rory McIlroy's supposed snub of a young autograph hunter has been explained by fellow golfer Ian Poulter.

McIlroy appeared to blank a young fan who was after the Open winner's signature soon after lifting the Claret Jug.

But Poulter took to Twitter to explain the difficult situation that the Northern Irishman found himself in.

He tweeted 'Just to clear up the signature thing. We are asked not to sign autographs until we have officially handed in our scorecards. #RulesAreRules.'

Europe to win 15 - 13, 9/1

Europe to win 14.5 - 13.5, 9/1

Europe to win 15.5 - 12.5, 10/1

Tie 14 - 14, 11/1

Gallagher Top European Points Scorer, 28/1

10294360_810868632290794_5230828703630935449_n.jpg

I detest this bloke but when he plays in the Ryder Cup he is simply awesome

"Absolutely buzzing, playing with Stevie G, home course, in Scotland, first Ryder Cup. It's going to be amazing. So playing against two good rookies, two great players, and I can't wait now to walk through that tunnel. The last picture we are going to see is Seve as we walk out the other end, walk on the tee to a loud, rapturous applause, and I can't wait to smash it down the middle."

- Ian Poulter

Early thoughts

- Kaymer, what a player
- Yanks, they simply cant putt
- Gallagher so so so nervous

Nice blue scoreboard so far

Wouldnt play Poulter or Gallagher this afternoon, both shown nothing so far

Looking like 2.5 - 1.5 currently, the bottom match with Rory/Sergio being massively important

Rose/Stenson played supremely well this morning, look a top fourballs pairing

Strange decision from Watson not to play Reed/Spieth this afternoon

Afternoon foursomes

13:15 - Donaldson/Westwood v Furyk/Kuchar

13:30 - Rose/Stenson v Mahan/Johnson

13:45 - McIlroy/Garcia v Walker/Fowler

14:00 - Dubuisson/McDowell v Mickelson/Bradley

I detest this bloke but when he plays in the Ryder Cup he is simply awesome

- Ian Poulter

Showed his true game this morning, he never seems to do well whenever I watch a tournament, other than the Ryder Cup.

Perhaps he needs to dye his hair red and white and sew Gooner badges on his shoes to get 'in the zone'

Showed his true game this morning, he never seems to do well whenever I watch a tournament, other than the Ryder Cup.

Perhaps he needs to dye his hair red and white and sew Gooner badges on his shoes to get 'in the zone'

TBH he has been awful this season, really not played well much at all and looks out of sorts big time today

From being in total command to only halving the match was not good from Kaymer/Bjorn

All the players struggling on the greens, they are at 10 on the stimp meter, normally a lot more than that but have been slowed down due to the potential of the wind blowing a gale

Europe shouldve been 3-1 up after the morning, but a series of top players losing their nerve has meant its now 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 to the US and A

Europe having a terrible day, both this morning and this afternoon they look to have simply run out of steam on the back nine, fair play to the yanks for some good golf

Europe having a terrible day, both this morning and this afternoon they look to have simply run out of steam on the back nine, fair play to the yanks for some good golf

Looking like a not bad result in the end considering I dont feel they have played at all well, well apart from Rose/Stenson, credit to Donaldson/Dubuisson too, 1st games as rookies and they have stepped upto the plate

I've watched every shot today and I feel knackered GHod knows what the players, etc are like hahaha

Brilliant from Rory/Sergio, birdied 16, 17 and now Garcia has hit a worldy to give them a chance of getting a half

Back