• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
After going to the gym I shall be sitting down to watch the golf from Abu Dhabi

Tiger tied for the lead 2 in front alongside Robert Rock, this will be great viewing for the next few hours thats for sure

Am looking to really get back into my golf this year

Going to change my wedges and putter, will stay with my irons and driver, woods, hybrids

Have 2 Titleist Vokey oil can wedges and a Odyssey 2 ball white hot putter, am going to get these new Mizuno wedges, not sure on which putter as yet though

13042.jpg

I only really started out last year. Picked up a 70 quid set of clubs + bag and went along with my dad who's been playing for bout 12yrs. Played 2 full 18 hole courses (one outside cambridge and one by Northwield in Essex) and a couple times on a little 9 hole par 3 course down the road from me in Claire. Enjoyed it and was hoping to play more, unfortunately due to work/weather/money i didn't get out as much as id have liked to.
So this year gonna vow to play some more golf :)

Not played since November 2010, really need to get back into it this year otherwise my membership is going to waste.

Yeah know what you mean,i had that problem with drivers. Must have gone through 5 in about 3 years,got fitted in the end

Yeah know what you mean,i had that problem with drivers. Must have gone through 5 in about 3 years,got fitted in the end

I dont pull any other club in the bag but as soon as i get the wedge and sand wedge in my hand i pull it, time for a change

Got to 9 hcp this winter. Well chuffed, can only get better when the better conditions arrive in the summer.

Got a new putter, a Cleveland classic. Great putter for under ?ú65. Helped me get 38 points today with 2 blobs and sink 3 10ft'ers for birdies.

Just watching the golf now. I've had to turn the volume down as for the fourth day running the commentators are tossing over every shot tiger plays and making excuses foutre his brick ones. Don't think Rock has been given anywhere near enough credit by them.

Love golf, can't wait for the season to start! This winter has been alot milder than previous ones, so I'm hoping my course will open early April as opposed to the usual May openings.

Looking to get down near single digit hcp, finished last season at 15. No plan on upgading my gear, other than a pair of shoes. Bought a new driver at the end of last year, a Nickent 4dx 9' stiff, for $50. Best driver I've ever hit and I'm smoking them well past my old Callaway Ft-iQ.

Gonna watch the farmers insurance open tonight after the kid's gone to bed. Stanley looked very good last night and can really hit some drives. Think he had one around 350 yards yesterday, left him with a 9 iron approach on a par 5 :)

Nickent, some of the most underrated equipment out there. Same as Sonartec.

Im really happy with my set up at the moment, i may go with a 23* hybrid (G20) in a month or so.... got a big gap between my 5 iron and 4 wood. Anything in the 185-210 is a real struggle at the moment.

My bag for this season.....

Ping G15 10.5*, Serrano stiff shaft.
Titleist 910 3 wood, Voodoo stiff.
Taylor Made v-steel 17*, DG R200
Titleist 585 21* Hybrid. Stock stiff shaft.
Ping i15 irons 4/5-U wedge. AWT stiff shafts. +.5" 1.5* upright. Gold grip.
Titleist Vokey 54* 8 bounce.
Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60* (bent to 58*)
Putter; Cleveland Classic Black Platinum #1. Winn AVS grip, 2 layers tape.

Ball; Wilson FG Tour in the winter, Bridgestone B330-RXS spring onwards.

Whats everyone else playing?

Current bag:

Nickent 4dx evolver 9' SR3 stiff
Callaway Ft-i 3w 15' stock shaft R
Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 3h 21' stock shaft R
Wilson Di9 4i-GW uni-flex
Wilson TW9 54' and 58' wedges
Taylor Made Monza Rossa Spider putter
All sorts of balls, picked up a bunch of cheap Srixon AD333 last year which are ok for my game.

That's 15 clubs, so I sometimes drop the 3w or either the AW or GW.

Always on the lookout for new irons, but I'm not going to buy before I try again. The Di9s are maybe a tad long and think I would like something that has less offset and sits more open. Been looking at Bridgestone J38 dual pocket cavity, and now the new J40, but haven't had the chance to hit them yet.

The wedges are great btw. Ditched my Cleveland 588 DSG's for these $30 TW9's and never looked back. I suspect the Cleveland's were fakes though, came pretty cheap and don't seem to rust like they were supposed to...

Im proper OCD with my balls and tees, only use Titleist with number 1 on and only use white tees hahah

Callaway Diablo Octane black driver, 10.5 degree, graphite
Callaway Diablo Octane 5-wood, graphite
Callaway Diablo 4-hybrid, graphite.
All regular flex shafts,

Diablo irons, 5-sw, fitted (can't remember the lie now) steel shafts
Hippo 60* lob wedge (had it for years and am so confident round the greens with it, see no reason to change)
Odyssey 2-ball white hot putter
Callaway Diablo HX balls.

Never expected to go all Callaway with the c lubs, but after numerous try-outs, it was simply what I hit best. Absolutely love hitting the Hybrid. I've never felt a ball come off the face like that. Ever.

I'm not good enough to worry about what balls I use, bag of lake balls do me. Ping G15 6,7,9,W will be picking the 5 and 8 up soon. Got a Taylormade 08 Burner Driver and 3 wood, a Wilson 19.5 prostaff Fybrid. Still got a bricky bargain putter, that will be the next club I upgrade. Need to get a cart bag to go on the trolley I got for Xmas as well

Current bag:

Nickent 4dx evolver 9' SR3 stiff
Callaway Ft-i 3w 15' stock shaft R
Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 3h 21' stock shaft R
Wilson Di9 4i-GW uni-flex
Wilson TW9 54' and 58' wedges
Taylor Made Monza Rossa Spider putter
All sorts of balls, picked up a bunch of cheap Srixon AD333 last year which are ok for my game.

That's 15 clubs, so I sometimes drop the 3w or either the AW or GW.

Always on the lookout for new irons, but I'm not going to buy before I try again. The Di9s are maybe a tad long and think I would like something that has less offset and sits more open. Been looking at Bridgestone J38 dual pocket cavity, and now the new J40, but haven't had the chance to hit them yet.

What clubs!!!!!!! i like the 38 better, many on Golfwrx (forum) rate them better than the 40's. I had a Bridgestone J33r driver until last month..... amazing club. I would seriously consider Bridgestone but they dont have any custom fit facilities over here. Im a ping man now but if i had to pick anything now id have to seriously look at the new Nike VR pro combo... Taylor made TP MB or any of the new cleveland stuff.

Epic choke from Kyle Stanley on the USPGA tour, was 7 in front at one stage he totally fell apart, 3 in front on the 18th, he ended up with an 8 and then lost the playoff

Ouch !!!!

I think the main thing for guys on here is to get your clubs custom fitted if you possibly can, makes so much difference

Back