• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Going Clear - HBO Scientology documentary

braineclipse

Willie Hall
Anyone else watch this?

Quite fascinating. Perhaps nothing exclusively new, but quite a few bits I didn't know for sure. Well made and definitely informative. Some scary stuff.

Personally I think some of these more modern religions like Scientology and Mormonism are very interesting as a lot of comparisons can be made to the larger traditional religions too.

I enjoyed this. The bit about them taking on the IRS shows that they are a little bit scary. Also like the frankness of some of the interviewees.

(I downloaded it from the internets).

was it on uk tv?

it's on my list to watch

No idea.

Think it will do the rounds on HBO before making it's way to other tv channels.

I enjoyed this. The bit about them taking on the IRS shows that they are a little bit scary. Also like the frankness of some of the interviewees.

(I downloaded it from the internets).

Definitely a lot of method in their madness. And with their financial resources they can get a lot of legal minds doing a lot of bad/good work. Combine that with threats, stalking, abuse etc and they're definitely a potent organization.

Blanket tax exemption for religious organizations in the US is such a bad idea and certainly helps organizations like these sprout forward I think.

Knew some of it, but the absolute cynical nature with how they target and use celebrities was quite fascinating. Hadn't heard all the stories about Hubbard either, like how he threatened to kill himself to make someone marry him and the pathological lying...

Back