• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glenn Hoddle ( genius)

Thanks for posting the vid. he is easily the best player i've seen. his vision was something to behold. i would turn up early just to watch him warm up.
everyone raves about gazza goal against arse but hoddles free kick against Wimbledon away in the cup was in my opinion just as good if not better.
i will never understand why england never built the team around him.

Thanks for posting the vid. he is easily the best player i've seen. his vision was something to behold. i would turn up early just to watch him warm up.
everyone raves about gazza goal against arse but hoddles free kick against Wimbledon away in the cup was in my opinion just as good if not better.
i will never understand why england never built the team around him.

I lived in Manchester for a while and used to travel down to Spurs for the games, in those days the team news was rare and on a couple of occasions I would not hear any team news until half way down the M1. I was always gutted when I heard that Glenn would not be playing as he was the one player who could do things other never could.

As for why England ignored him so often was madness and picking players like Rix, Wilkins, Palmer etc in front of him showed why we struggled to produce good England teams.

Best ever Tottenham player, best ever England player more like. Never saw an Englishmen better than him. He had it all. The only parts of the video I didn't like were the shots of him in a Monaco shirt. We should not have let him go.

Best ever Tottenham player, best ever England player more like. Never saw an Englishmen better than him. He had it all. The only parts of the video I didn't like were the shots of him in a Monaco shirt. We should not have let him go.

I was gutted when he left but he was touching 30 and was here 12 years, he always said he wanted to play abroad so it was always going to end.

Echo everything said on here. I remember him earning plaudits from none other than Johan Cruyff after we played Feynoord in 84. Sadly he was born in the wrong country. One where we applaud gutsy triers like Robson, Butcher and Pearce over creative geniuses like Hoddle. Such a shame.

He epitomised my ideal footballer back in the day, and along with Cruyff and that Dutch team gave me such enjoyment. Slightly later but well worth a mention Platini's French team also

He was the best player I have seen in a Spurs shirt and I have seen this many times, my son was on about it today and it reminded me of this.

For younger fans who never had the good luck to see him watch and enjoy.

Agreed.
I was a young man back then and frankly, I probably took him for granted!!!!!! How foolish. But yes, so many fantastic games!

Was he right about Cloughie ? I suspect he was (no.14). And he enjoyed his time 'under' Wenger at le monaco - fnarr, fnarrr. But it would have been a great position when he was with us.

Was he right about Cloughie ? I suspect he was (no.14). And he enjoyed his time 'under' Wenger at le monaco - fnarr, fnarrr. But it would have been a great position when he was with us.

They replayed one of those old Danny Kelly life story things on TalkSport the other night and it was Glenn Hoddle. They talked a bit about his England career and pretty much said that if Clough had been England manager would have built the team around him. Also said he tried to sign him more than a couple of times.

I remember Ron Henry telling me we had this 14 year old who would play a lot of games for England if he kept progressing. Shame he progressed too much for his peers.

Just seen this in Twitter

Our friend & colleague Glenn Hoddle was taken seriously ill at the BT Sport studio this morning.

For that reason there will be no @btsportscore - but we will be live as usual for the 5.30 ko at Leicester.

Everyone of us is right with you Glenn, sending love & strength ❤️

I came in here to wish Glenn Hoddle a happy birthday - abut now I hear he has been rushed to hospital seriously ill. I wish him and his family all the best and hope he makes a full recovery.

Last edited:
Back