• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

At his current rate he will end up with a record kinda on par with Lamela… just one liked to do the desk arts and the other likes to play his country not his club
Both peg legged players who can’t stay fit enough to play
Except one of was actually a great player, who delivered every time he played, while the other one's been here 3,5 years and shown virtually nothing, apart from a full physio room diary.
Lo Celso is definitely not worth keeping. Even at the best he's shown in the over 3 years he's been here, he's no better than average.
If Betis want him, and actually want to pay money, we should bite their hands off, and try our luck elsewhere. A half decent player who stays fit would be a massive upgrade.

Except one of was actually a great player, who delivered every time he played, while the other one's been here 3,5 years and shown virtually nothing, apart from a full physio room diary.
Lo Celso is definitely not worth keeping. Even at the best he's shown in the over 3 years he's been here, he's no better than average.
If Betis want him, and actually want to pay money, we should bite their hands off, and try our luck elsewhere. A half decent player who stays fit would be a massive upgrade.
Sorry but we’re disagreeing on delivered as a key word
I’d always say lamela tried but delivered… nah. He was too predictable due to his one foot and tried to be combative too much rather than creative. But he did try every game. You may though wanna look at his starting history for us in his first 4 seasons … it’s not good. He made 9 league appearances twice in those 4 seasons with 24 sub appearances, 51 starts and 8 goals. That wasn’t good enough for a club record signing
Both are players that we needed/need rid of for differing reasons
And of course lo Celso has been here 2.5 seasons not 3.5. Played in 53 league games, 25 of which have been as a sub with 1 goal. That’s not good enough
But as I say… get rid as the guy can’t seem to be fit to play for us and ain’t getting injured playing

Last edited:
At his current rate he will end up with a record kinda on par with Lamela… just one liked to do the desk arts and the other likes to play his country not his club
Both peg legged players who can’t stay fit enough to play

Nothing wrong with a bit of figure painting as a hobby.

I presume that was an autocorrect? :)

I do find it funny that left footed players get victimised for their one footed ness, there’s an analogy in there for the habit of seeing something different and then just labelling it a bad thing for no reason.

And not to go full @Baleforce but GLC hasn’t done anywhere near enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Lamela. For one you actually notice when Erik is on the pitch. Not to start laying in to Lo Celso too hard but going by his time here it’s not clear what he is isn’t meant to be good at..

I do find it funny that left footed players get victimised for their one footed ness, there’s an analogy in there for the habit of seeing something different and then just labelling it a bad thing for no reason.

And not to go full @Baleforce but GLC hasn’t done anywhere near enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Lamela. For one you actually notice when Erik is on the pitch. Not to start laying in to Lo Celso too hard but going by his time here it’s not clear what he is isn’t meant to be good at..
You really didn’t notice Lamela in his first 3 seasons as he was injured most of the time
He was best known for the Rabona in the European game

You really didn’t notice Lamela in his first 3 seasons as he was injured most of the time

first season he missed some games, he played over 40 in each of the next two though, he was also our second highest goalscorer (behind Kane) in season 3

his injury record is overplayed, he had eight seasons here, and only made fewer than 30 appearances in two of them

I did notice his skills, tenacity, work rate and a willingness to try forward passing. I also noticed that he was injured often and was frustrated at that too.

I’m also noticing that your post is 1st half you telling me what I did or didn’t notice and then 2nd half unrelated subjective trivia so I’m not sure where you want this to go conversationally.

first season he missed some games, he played over 40 in each of the next two though, he was also our second highest goalscorer (behind Kane) in season 3

his injury record is overplayed, he had eight seasons here, and only made fewer than 30 appearances in two of them

Your including weak cups games in the data fella
I mean by that method we should say Doherty has played a lot so been a success … which he hasn’t
Lamela made so few league starts really in his first 4 seasons he was always cited a failure. The guys loved by some because despite playing as a creative player he actually charged around like a loon…. Hell I liked him for that too.

His injury record got better over time. But he still got injured NOT playing. He was always so one footed he was predictable and he got more starts as we were at our weakest, not our strongest as a side

I did notice his skills, tenacity, work rate and a willingness to try forward passing. I also noticed that he was injured often and was frustrated at that too.

I’m also noticing that your post is 1st half you telling me what I did or didn’t notice and then 2nd half unrelated subjective trivia so I’m not sure where you want this to go conversationally.
Sorry you have lost me there
You noticed those things when he was injured or not starting for us? the guy wasn’t picked or couldn’t be picked much for us in his first 4 seasons
And the Rabona is key as it was his key known contribution in that period. After that it wa a mainly his brick housery

Opta data only seems to go back to 2015/16 season for Squawka Comparison but FWIW here’s Lamela’s 3rd campaign with us compared to Lo Celso’s most recent complete one…

6F4E2316-F224-475A-968B-F24A939449DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Your including weak cups games in the data fella
I mean by that method we should say Doherty has played a lot so been a success … which he hasn’t
Lamela made so few league starts really in his first 4 seasons he was always cited a failure. The guys loved by some because despite playing as a creative player he actually charged around like a loon…. Hell I liked him for that too.

His injury record got better over time. But he still got injured NOT playing. He was always so one footed he was predictable and he got more starts as we were at our weakest, not our strongest as a side

If he was playing in those games it meant he wasn’t injured at the time, which is my point.

Lefties being one footed is a well known myth, it’s just more noticeable as people are looking for it. It’s not noticed on right footers as it’s expected behaviour.

If he was playing in those games it meant he wasn’t injured at the time, which is my point.

Lefties being one footed is a well known myth, it’s just more noticeable as people are looking for it. It’s not noticed on right footers as it’s expected behaviour.
I agree
We focus too much on left footers being one footed when plenty of eight footers are the same
And he was available for weka cup games but not selected to start the league games
Shows a lot of where he was at them I guess
same as Lo Celso I’d say. Played in weak cups but not the league games that matter and then injured

Sorry you have lost me there
You noticed those things when he was injured or not starting for us? the guy wasn’t picked or couldn’t be picked much for us in his first 4 seasons
And the Rabona is key as it was his key known contribution in that period. After that it wa a mainly his brick housery

Wow I really don’t know if you’re trying to be a bit sassy here or otherwise but it’s tiresome.

Yes I noticed the things I mentioned regarding the way he plays whilst he was on the bench or injured. Sure. Good talk.

Back