• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

That might improve his displays, but he's yet to show he can do it in this league. Every player has a preferred position but you must prove you're good enough to play in it. We desperately need someone to provide better service to the attacking players, hopefully he can raise his game and provide it.
Be nice if he was given a chance in that position though
We seem to what to persevere playing Tanguy there even thought it’s NOT his position which I find odd

To a degree your right but it doesnt explain why he gives the ball away so often with simple passes.
As @Bishop says it happens when you can’t go outside the man because of you dominance with one foot
It’s the same with dele and his right foot… he doesn’t go outside left
Same with Lamela when we had him

I wouldn't say he was ever outstanding. However he did have a run of performances playing in CM next to Winks of all people that looked very competent. I remember Mou started to rely on him and then he got yet another injury iirc. Every time he (and Ndombele) have had a run of games and start getting going some external factor hasn't stopped both in their tracks.

I really hope he can stay fit and get his game together, we need some creativity and control.

As @Bishop says it happens when you can’t go outside the man because of you dominance with one foot
It’s the same with dele and his right foot… he doesn’t go outside left
Same with Lamela when we had him

True but that's not acceptable in a professional, was watching a "Big Match" game from 70s and our players were using both feet. Read in Steve Perrymans book that the players spent 1 day a week working on their weaker foot.

True but that's not acceptable in a professional, was watching a "Big Match" game from 70s and our players were using both feet. Read in Steve Perrymans book that the players spent 1 day a week working on their weaker foot.

Rarely see Messi use his left foot.

Interestingly, Lo Celso excels when he plays for his country

Rarely see Messi use his left foot.

Interestingly, Lo Celso excels when he plays for his country
He rarely used it but he is very, very capable with his right foot. He's excited about 100 goals with it. He's obviously just so good with his left that his right isn't needed that often.

Lo Celso is used in areas that suit his playing style when he plays for Argentina.

He rarely used it but he is very, very capable with his right foot. He's excited about 100 goals with it. He's obviously just so good with his left that his right isn't needed that often.

Lo Celso is used in areas that suit his playing style when he plays for Argentina.
They play him at 10

I didn't watch the Vitesse game. How did Lo Celso do?

I feel like this is a loaded question but fair to say he was as poor as any of our experienced lads. Did nothing to promote his case for inclusion in the Premier League games. Shot from 30+ yards in the final minute with the outside of his foot when there were loads of our players in the box waiting for a cross.

I feel like this is a loaded question but fair to say he was as poor as any of our experienced lads. Did nothing to promote his case for inclusion in the Premier League games. Shot from 30+ yards in the final minute with the outside of his foot when there were loads of our players in the box waiting for a cross.

Nah genuinely not loaded. I had/have high hopes for him so was keen to know how he faired .

He wasn't good. Of the experienced lads I thought he was the one that was closest to a good performance though. None of them did anywhere near enough to force their way into our first 11 at the moment, but Lo Celso at least showed moments of quality combined with some aggression/bite. Thought he stood out a bit in an overall disjointed performance. But just a bit.

Like for everyone else a difficult game to shine in for reasons mentioned elsewhere. But if we're looking to the bench and picking a player to come on in the coming league games I'd expect him to be high up the list.

I agree he's most likely to be used as a sub, that's only because we don't have much else, I would have liked to see John get some game time but when the midfield play like that it's hard for any youngster to get on without the support they need.

Not sure I'd go quite that far. Winks and Dele were anonymous, and Bergwijn was rubbish. GLC had the run which set up Gil's shot and one or two other flashes, so slightly better than those 3 but still a below par performance
To be honest GLC is the least of our problems. Like you say he still showed some good things, and you know he can perform better with better players around him ie the first team. The same can’t be said sadly of Winks and Dele these days….

His passing was awful, he gave away/lost the ball far too often and too easily and there was next to no attempt to win it back, just a shrug of the shoulders and head back in resignation. If Dele had lost the ball that often people would have had the pitchforks and tar barrels out on here (rather than just being slated (rightly so) for being anonymous/poor). No fight or attitude from GLC - he needs a a CoCo blood transfusion!!

Back