• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

He's exactly the same in terms of physique and style of play as Modric - he was quite a useful PL CM. Whether he can ever reahc Modric's levels remains to be seen but he has the raw attributes to be able to play CM in the PL

i agree of course he does, he will never be a Modric ( not many players are, including Tanguy), but he is good enough and i expect IF he can stay fit he will prove that next season.

I mentioned this during the game, the guy just ran off the pitch with the ball using his favoured foot. Not that it means much but Sissoko would be slaughtered for that...
Poor lad was probably tired after that long run and fancied a rest.

Last edited:
He just seemed to lose the ball consistently yesterday, then fall over.

All out midfielders seem to have the habit of slowing down the play, he’s not much different.

I was sitting on the fence with this guy but I'm coming to the conclusion that he's not good enough for is. Ndombele is the same for different reasons.
Bad scouting me thinks.

I was sitting on the fence with this guy but I'm coming to the conclusion that he's not good enough for is. Ndombele is the same for different reasons.
Bad scouting me thinks.
I would like to see what GLC could do in a shape that suited his game. And the sam goes for NDomb. He is a maverick and a wild card (look at some of his passes/THAT goal away at Sheff Utd and his overall strength) and needs a team built to accommodate his game.

Was having a conversation today with someone in a Spurs Facebook group, saying we are missing a creative midfielder, and that I don't see what Lo Celso brings to the team.

He said that when Mourinho first came onboard, Lo Celso was 'amazing'. I don't remember that, I remember him being decent and nothing more. Am I doing Lo Celso a disservice?

Was having a conversation today with someone in a Spurs Facebook group, saying we are missing a creative midfielder, and that I don't see what Lo Celso brings to the team.

He said that when Mourinho first came onboard, Lo Celso was 'amazing'. I don't remember that, I remember him being decent and nothing more. Am I doing Lo Celso a disservice?

Yeah, he really stepped up for a period after having been left out initially. Was our best man over a period - everyone was raving about how he was the good one of him and Ndombele etc.

Yeah, he really stepped up for a period after having been left out initially. Was our best man over a period - everyone was raving about how he was the good one of him and Ndombele etc.
He wasn't amazing. He was just the one of few that actually played ok in that period. He was nothing special, but stood out in a bad team. What he showed then is the minimum of what I'd expect

Yeah. And maybe Sofia Vergara will see my gently balding grey head and slightly paunched belly as the epitome of male virility and sleep with me.
Just googled her,even at 48 she has most definitely got it!

As for Lo Celso it feels like many have short memories - before his injury he was one of our better players. He picks the ball up deep and dribbles forward at pace and creates (remember that run away at Southampton that created a goal as an example, he’s done many similar). Hence why so many were getting all excitable at the prospect of both him and NDombele being in the team together. This squad is a mess, full of players who have been here too long or are just technically not good enough. Lo Celso doesn’t fall into either category, and is most definitely not a problem that needs addressing regardless of current form....

Lo Celso and Ndombele have now had 2 seasons to prove their worth in midfield.
Whilst both have shown flashes I don't think they have had the impact we'd hoped for. Before they arrived their underlying stats suggested they would be a major upgrade in central midfield after we'd gotten away with Winks/Sissoko for 2 years.
Fitness & form has meant Winks/Sissoko still getting considerable minutes and even when Lo Celso/Ndombele do play we haven't seen a massive improvement in terms of control/domination in midfield.

Given money is tight at the club, I'm now at the point where I would entertain selling one of them if we can get close to our original outlay. The only way we'll improve is if we spend significantly at centre half and central midfield and selling squad players won't give us enough cash to do so.

I would like to see what GLC could do in a shape that suited his game. And the sam goes for NDomb. He is a maverick and a wild card (look at some of his passes/THAT goal away at Sheff Utd and his overall strength) and needs a team built to accommodate his game.
We should probably accommodate Ndombele in the same way that Bolton accommodated a player of similar genius... Jay-Jay Okocha. Keep him reasonably high up the pitch and get the ball to him as often as possible, even when he is under pressure as his control and balance is so good that he will typically come away with the ball or a free kick.... and if he comes away with the ball he is a brilliant lock picker.

Unfortunately Lo Celso doesn't really work particularly well as one of the two deeper midfielders. He seems to have below average defensive awareness (see how he didn't go and help Aurier for Leeds' second goal on Saturday, despite not actually having any other impact on our defensive response to that goal). He is on the weak side on the physical spectrum, is on the slow side of average and has maybe above average touch (as long as it's on his left foot). Assuming that Lo Celso is currently first choice for us in the number 8 type position (as seems to be the case in the last couple of games) then I think he is our most easy to upgrade first choice midfield player.

My thoughts as well, he is struggling now but he has had the injury problems since then and still does not look fit. I hope we keep him for next season and see what happens when he gets his fitness back.

Back