• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I'll get roasted for this probably, but Gio is Coco Lite. He's Lamela MK2, without the aggressive side. Plus they're both so injury prone.

I think he’s better than Lamela personally. I also think he’s quite aggressive. Agree about being injury prone. I don’t see what he’s actually good other than being a neat and tidy footballer. But I take the points others have raised about him being given a chance under a manager that actually has a plan.

Ndombele is 10 times the player Lo Celso is! Lo Celso has NOTHING special to offer. Ndombele on the other hand, has abilities and attributes that are potentially world class. Ndombele has shown twice as much as Lo Celso, in half the time.

What you been drinking tonight, maybe you should take more water with it. o_O

The last few months of last season he was one of our better players. There is a good player in there, he just needs an injury free season.
I don't get the comparisons to Ndombele, they are two totally different players.
That was a very low bar. He was OK in a team playing brick.

There's no debate mate! Ndombele is way better than Lo Celso.

N’dombele has incredible natural ability - more than most -but unfortunately doesn’t seem physically and possibly mentally up to the job. If I had to choose one to keep I’d take Lo Celso but right now both look like expensive mistakes.

Last edited:
N’dombele has incredible natural ability - more than most -but unfortunately doesn’t seem physically and possibly mentally up to the job. If I had to choose one to keep I’d take Lo Celso but right now both look like expensive mistakes.
I don’t see where Lo Celso plays in a PL team..... far too slow and weak to play in the midfield 2 in a 4-2-3-1 and nowhere near creative enough to play as the middle player I’m the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. Looks a lower mid-table type of player to me.

Ndombele has world class ability, and has shown that in many games, with incredible goals and assists. In addition he has the ability to break the press with his ability to get out of tight situations with the ball, as he's showed many many times.
He's generally been lauded earlier in here, but the fact that he's been injured and out for a few games suddenly makes him brick. Some in here have very short memories.
Lo Celso has none of those qualities. As @Finney Is Back said, he's neither very creative nor a particularly good defender or ball winner. Whats really left?
Ndombele is 10 times more likely to come up with game changing moments. Add to that, he's entertaining to watch.

Ndombele has world class ability, and has shown that in many games, with incredible goals and assists. In addition he has the ability to break the press with his ability to get out of tight situations with the ball, as he's showed many many times.
He's generally been lauded earlier in here, but the fact that he's been injured and out for a few games suddenly makes him brick. Some in here have very short memories.
Lo Celso has none of those qualities. As @Finney Is Back said, he's neither very creative nor a particularly good defender or ball winner. Whats really left?
Ndombele is 10 times more likely to come up with game changing moments. Add to that, he's entertaining to watch.
Lo Celso’s best trick that he pulled was being injured for a while while we were rubbish and people rating him higher and higher with every game he didn’t play.

I don’t see where Lo Celso plays in a PL team..... far too slow and weak to play in the midfield 2 in a 4-2-3-1 and nowhere near creative enough to play as the middle player I’m the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. Looks a lower mid-table type of player to me.

He's exactly the same in terms of physique and style of play as Modric - he was quite a useful PL CM. Whether he can ever reahc Modric's levels remains to be seen but he has the raw attributes to be able to play CM in the PL

He's exactly the same in terms of physique and style of play as Modric - he was quite a useful PL CM. Whether he can ever reahc Modric's levels remains to be seen but he has the raw attributes to be able to play CM in the PL
One of my best mates has the same physique as Modric.... just like with Lo Celso, that is where the Modric comparisons end for my mate as well.

I would sell both Lo Celso and Ndombele and bring in Kessie and Zakaria then play with properly fast wingers.

Back