1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Giovani Lo Celso

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 8 Aug 2019.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vic Buckingham

No
    Because Kane is the pelanty taker
    He plays the son role for united in effect

2. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

Gotta admit, it feels like we bought the wrong guy - a perpetual sicknote over Fernandes, a leader and a warrior.

Sigh. Maybe he'll be back in February.

SteveAWOL likes this.
  3. metalgear

metalgear Jimmy McCormick

I'm not convinced of lo celso even when he's fit. Like lamela lots of juicy moments but very little game changing presence

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

4. Bishop

Bishop Niko Kranjcar

The best Lo Celso we've seen was the latter end of last season when he played as a CM next to Winks. He more than held his own defensively and I see no reason he couldn't play such a role again.

Out on the right trying to play RWF doesn't suit his attributes, we need him playing centrally and as close to Ndombele and Kane as possible. Just because he has a left foot doesn't make him a RWF.

I still contend to get the very best from this squad we need to at a 433 of Hojberg, Ndombele and GLC. Between the three of them there is more than enough workrate and defensive nous to be secure and of course fantastic quality in possession and attack.

5. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Simon Davies

Couldn’t agree more. I think at that time Jose said he wouldn’t swap him for anyone in the world which is a bit of hyperbole but that was his best spell for us.

From what I’ve seen, he won’t score much, he won’t assist much but he can keep the ball, pick a pass and help beat an opposition press. He’s also got a nasty streak. Problem is that he’s obviously injury prone and he doesn’t fit the stereotype of a Jose CM.

MKSpur and Bishop like this.
  6. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vic Buckingham

I thought there was a pairing there TBF but I do really like Lo Celso
    Seems to make the right decisions every time

7. milo

milo Jürgen Klinsmann Staff Member

I agree and I think that a more attacking manager would line up like that. Unfortunately, it seems that Mourinho has decided that both Ndombele and Lo Celso are #10s.

Bishop likes this.
  8. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Dean Austin

Lo Celso already seems like a injury-prone player. Surely, it must be a Spurs curse, players getting injury-prone after joining us.

9. metalgear

metalgear Jimmy McCormick