• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Promising performance from him. Hopefully on his way back to form and fitness. Perhaps. Quite a bit of competition there too with Moura, Bergwijn and Bale. Could see him being fairly good there against lower block teams with Aurier overlapping.

There's definitely tough competition. I think that Bergwijn has been really good since the international break but I think that he'll be easier for Lo Celso to oust than Ndombele, Sissoko or Hojbjerg.

There's definitely tough competition. I think that Bergwijn has been really good since the international break but I think that he'll be easier for Lo Celso to oust than Ndombele, Sissoko or Hojbjerg.
Ousting any of them for big games right now looks close to impossible. If Lo Celso starts ahead of one of them against Liverpool and it's not because of an injury or illness I would be shocked. Less so if he started wide so I guess we agree.

Against smaller teams i think there's a chance Lo Celso could work his way into the team ahead of Sissoko. But perhaps wise is more likely even then.

Against smaller teams i think there's a chance Lo Celso could work his way into the team ahead of Sissoko. But perhaps wise is more likely even then.

I'd be in favour of trying it, although, I think that it is Ndombele who drops into Sissoko's role and Lo Celso who plays further forward if we do that.

I suspect that Mourinho stick with the current three in midfield for the PL until injuries or suspensions force a change.

I'd be in favour of trying it, although, I think that it is Ndombele who drops into Sissoko's role and Lo Celso who plays further forward if we do that.

I suspect that Mourinho stick with the current three in midfield for the PL until injuries or suspensions force a change.
... or poor performance. With few exceptions Jose won't tolerate poor form for too long.

I suspect the same. As long as Ndombele only plays an hour having the quality of Lo Celso to bring in for that role is also rather useful.

I suspect the same. As long as Ndombele only plays an hour having the quality of Lo Celso to bring in for that role is also rather useful.

It's just a shame seeing a player as talented as Lo Celso not getting more minutes in the PL.

It's just a shame seeing a player as talented as Lo Celso not getting more minutes in the PL.
A shame, a luxury, a very good position to be in, either way a situation that will make it more likely that we're successful throughout a full season.

He will get a start in PL, our next two games are CP and Pool.

Jose may have just given Gio the nod for Pool by playing this game, you would expect Ndombele to start Sunday, then Gio against Pool

I think that the easiest route for him to starting in the league side is in a front three with Son and Kane

I agree a midfield of
Sissoko hojbjerg Ndombele
Forward line of
Lo Celso Kane Son

Will be immense. Lo Celso played second furthest forward against arsenal anyway.

Good to see that we have selection problems with so many good players. He was MOM last night for sure and he has given Jose a hard decision to make. I think he would do well in the front three alongside Kane and Son but i would also like Bergwijn to take that position ( who imo is looking better every game).

As others have said he could make a 3 with Ndombele and Hoijberg in CM but not sure it would really work. Whatever it seems we ( Jose) has some big decisions to make.

Or to put a positive spin on things
Both Gio and Ndombele could go "full pelt" for 45 minutes each in every single match (PL and 3 Cups)
Rather than them swapping in and out and sitting out whole matches

Did you see Mourinhos comments after the game? He knows how good he is - said Lo Celso reached a really good level last season, then got injured and didn’t have a pre season and is just now getting back to those levels. It’s inevitable he will be featuring more in the PL when Mourinhos team think he’s ready, and with the schedule it’s no point rushing....

Did you see Mourinhos comments after the game? He knows how good he is - said Lo Celso reached a really good level last season, then got injured and didn’t have a pre season and is just now getting back to those levels. It’s inevitable he will be featuring more in the PL when Mourinhos team think he’s ready, and with the schedule it’s no point rushing....

I did. It's clear Mourinho rates him and for long stretches of last season, he was our best player.

Back