1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Giovani Lo Celso

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 8 Aug 2019.

1. scaramanga

scaramanga Vivian Woodward Staff Member

What if he tickled you with his Beadle hand?

2. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Jonathan Woodgate

I’ve voiced my views on this thread before and I’m old enough to admit he’s proven to be a decent enough footballer. As you’d expect a top team to be signing as a replacement for Eriksen. Regardless of the price, he's an Argentinian international and for that you can't be half bad. I haven't seen him unlock defences any more than Lamela has. Plus on a brickhousing scale, Lamela rules still.

He's not setting the world alight in bigger games and his numbers for assists and goals are poor whichever way you look at it. Especially now he’s got a decent number of games under his belt.

As i said, he’s clearly got talent but I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you are making him out to be the next Gazza.

Kandi1977, K.D.D.D.D.Soc and StephenH like this.
  3. elltrev

elltrev Niko Kranjcar

I really like Gio, I just can’t work out what his best position is yet. Love his driving runs and tenacity from central midfield, but doesn’t seem to have great passing from deep. Seems to to make things happen more when in the final third, but then again barely has any goals and assists. And hasn’t had many assists throughout his career. Maybe he’d work best as a CM alongside a Carrick-esque player?

glasgowspur and Bishop like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Ronnie Rosenthal

I see him as a CM not an AM, he's best when deeper and he sprays the ball about duee to his range of passing and the tenacity he has to play CM. To get the very best of him we need a better setup midfield, a DM ideally and an additional passer in midfield which in the best case scenario is a fully adapted Ndombele failing that Winks and one other as options. What we shouldn't do is treat him like we did Eriksen and rely on him to be the sole creative force in the side.

He's significantly better than Lamela, as I've said before he's the player we hope Lamela would be.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2020
  5. elltrev

elltrev Niko Kranjcar

Interesting, it’s his range of passing from deep that seems a bit lacking to me?

6. Bishop

Bishop Ronnie Rosenthal

Hmm I've seen him spray it about a bit especially cross field. As well as some deep raking passes into space so I do feel quite confident he's a player for midfield. I don't feel he quite has the nimbleness and short passing game to play permanently on the edge of the box. He can do it but I think ultimately we'll get more from him playing s more orthodox CM role with the caveat of having an additional creative CM in the side.

7. elltrev

elltrev Niko Kranjcar

Fair enough, maybe I’ve just missed it because he’s been playing no.10 the last couple of games.

8. milo

milo Mel Hopkins Staff Member

His pass to Moura for our second yesterday was good

9. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

He looks like he is running on empty to me ( had a couple of injurys since he has been here), but he has ability to be a top player and i look forward to him showing it next season.

10. Bullet

Bullet Paul Walsh

For me he is top class, one of our best players alongside Kane. Even playing with an injury he is in our top few players every game.

11. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

lost me!

12. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Michael Carrick

Hes clearly a good player but I've seen nothing that excites me like Dele or that he control a game like Eriksen or Modric. I hope he can get a good preseason under his belt and sets us alight next season.

Kandi1977 likes this.
  13. scaramanga

scaramanga Vivian Woodward Staff Member

There was a rumour for a long time that Vardy always had one hand bandaged because it was much smaller than the other.

Apparently the truth is that he keeps punching his wife walls.

14. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

OK!

15. Raziel

Raziel Jimmy Neighbour

Still carrying the groin injury from lockdown (it needed physio work that couldn't be done due to isolation protocols), agree next season should be interesting for him.

His best role would seemingly be a little higher up but he's been asked to do a job.

parklane1 likes this.
  16. DaveT316

DaveT316 Sean Davis

I think we may well continue with this 4-3-3 and he’ll be one of the middle 3 with potentially Hojbjerg and one other, Ntubby maybe if he pulls his finger out, next to him.

17. Yiddo

Yiddo Alf Ramsey

Problem is, he needs an Eriksen type infront of him.

18. braineclipse

braineclipse Chris Jones

I think it's too early to know what his best position is and what he needs around him to succeed.

metalgear, ricky2tricky4city and milo like this.
  19. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steffen Iversen

Someone to bottle out of tackles/headers so he can win the ball back?

20. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

i’d still have him back!

Last edited: 23 Jul 2020
    Kandi1977 and 90291Spur like this.