• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Whilst we don't have a DM, nor wingers, nor a striker... just loads of sorta-attacking-sorta-box-to-box guys...

I vote we pack the team with these strange midgets and let them go nuts. 4-6-0, anyone can go anywhere.

Maybe it's a bit like when we had the 451 under Pleat with Ossie and Glenn and Waddle etc... we didn't really want to play Glenn and Ossie in central midfield as a 2, so we made up some other system to accommodate them

Whilst we don't have a DM, nor wingers, nor a striker... just loads of sorta-attacking-sorta-box-to-box guys...

I vote we pack the team with these strange midgets and let them go nuts. 4-6-0, anyone can go anywhere.

Maybe it's a bit like when we had the 451 under Pleat with Ossie and Glenn and Waddle etc... we didn't really want to play Glenn and Ossie in central midfield as a 2, so we made up some other system to accommodate them

That side was the best i have seen that has not won anything. So unlucky that season.

GLC was our best player tonight. Industrious, canny, clever, technique, sliderule passes, just what I wanted.

Yes, he's the first CM on the team sheet now. I'd play Ndombele alongside him on Saturday and for teh next few games to see whether they can gel

He does look more like a no.8 to me than a wide midfielder or no.10. A bit odd that we’ve bought/loaned Ndombele, him and now Fernandes within 6 months of each other! I’d agree with others that it points towards a 4-3-3 going forward, but then I don’t think that gets the best out of Alli / Lamela. Maybe Jose doesn’t feel the need for a sitting midfielder in a 4-2-3-1, and wants two hard working no.8s who can take it in turns to sit? Or maybe it’s all about the return of... the DIAMOND?!

He does look more like a no.8 to me than a wide midfielder or no.10. A bit odd that we’ve bought/loaned Ndombele, him and now Fernandes within 6 months of each other! I’d agree with others that it points towards a 4-3-3 going forward, but then I don’t think that gets the best out of Alli / Lamela. Maybe Jose doesn’t feel the need for a sitting midfielder in a 4-2-3-1, and wants two hard working no.8s who can take it in turns to sit? Or maybe it’s all about the return of... the DIAMOND?!

I think that he'll have Ndombele in for Winks and Gedson at RWF in a 4-2-3-1

glad the little guy is finding is feet. Had my doubts about him but looks like he is getting involved a lot and has that spark and vision we desperately need to start attacks. Made both key passes for the two goals tonight.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think that he'll have Ndombele in for Winks and Gedson at RWF in a 4-2-3-1

Yeah, I was hoping that he sees Gedson as a RWF rather than no.8. Though I still can’t feel totally comfortable with the idea of Lo Celso and Ndombele as our main duo, but maybe I’m underestimating their defensive capabilities and/or being too rigid or anal in my thinking about needing a more traditional holding midfielder.

Yeah, I was hoping that he sees Gedson as a RWF rather than no.8. Though I still can’t feel totally comfortable with the idea of Lo Celso and Ndombele as our main duo, but maybe I’m underestimating their defensive capabilities and/or being too rigid or anal in my thinking about needing a more traditional holding midfielder.
I had similar fears about Modric and Huddlestone as our CM but they worked extremely well for a while.

with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Fernandes, Sissoko, Winks and Dier there should be a combination that works somewhere there, just a case of finding it.

Im more concerned about our defense now, it seems shot (FIFY; brick) to me.

Ndombele played as our deepest midfielder in the draw against Norwich over Christmas and had an excellent game and I think that Lo Celso has looked good in the two. They can both sit or break and are good, quick passers. On paper, at least, it could be quite good.

Back