• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

REAL BETIS president Angel Haro has insisted that Spurs will pay the January release clause for Giovani Lo Celso.

The Argentine joined on a season-long loan with an option to buy that becomes mandatory if Jose Mourinho's men qualify for the Champions League.
However, Spurs can get a discount on Lo Celso by activating another clause that comes into effect in the January window.
Estadio Deportivo report Betis president Haro saying he has no “news regarding the purchase option.”
However, he believes that Spurs will “exercise it because if they don’t, they will be taxed a lot if they exercise it in June.”
He added that at Betis they “understand Spurs will exercise the option.”

Poor guy. Stay strong, son, putting on that brave smile. Imagine not starting ahead of those lumps we tend to employ in midfield, must be excruciating.

gOhxGFQ.jpg

If this guy doesn't get any gametime again, I think it will be clear he is done with us imo..

I’m a big believer that if people standout in training they will get time in matches. I can only assume he is not doing the biz inbetween games. But then I would find it hard to believe he isn’t, as he was excellent in Spain, maybe he just hasn’t converted that form yet.

I do think we should just bite the bullet and give him 3 full games to get some rhythm.

Truly bizarre how little game time he’s getting. We valued him at £50-60m for GHod’s sake! And surely the only way to get him up to speed in the league is to give him minutes?

It’s made even more bizarre by Eriksen’s continued minutes...

Last edited:
I still don't get how he came to us lacking fitness or with an injury, for either reason Its a very un-Levy like purchase.

The minute he came on, we started pushing forward in a haze of half-remembered aggression, reminiscent of the days before this long malaise we've been on in 2019.

He got on the ball, beat one man, two men, three, and then made a quick pass into the area - far faster than Winks, Sissoko and Alli had managed in 60 minutes up to that point.

I think he's ready to start. You can clearly see he's not up to Prem level yet - he gave the ball away thrice, and looked a bit positionally undisciplined. But he was brave, wanted the ball, showed for it, and tried to spark things - that's more than the sorry showers we've been seeing in midfield for the entirety of the season to date.

The minute he came on, we started pushing forward in a haze of half-remembered aggression, reminiscent of the days before this long malaise we've been on in 2019.

He got on the ball, beat one man, two men, three, and then made a quick pass into the area - far faster than Winks, Sissoko and Alli had managed in 60 minutes up to that point.

I think he's ready to start. You can clearly see he's not up to Prem level yet - he gave the ball away thrice, and looked a bit positionally undisciplined. But he was brave, wanted the ball, showed for it, and tried to spark things - that's more than the sorry showers we've been seeing in midfield for the entirety of the season to date.

He moves the ball instead of fudging sitting on it, it why even when he and Eriksen fudge up, we generally play better as a team.

Winks and Dier fudge around on the ball for so long it kills any runs, give opposition time to get in position and just makes us slow and ponderous.

Much better from him, made a real positive impact. Good to see him brought on fairly early when we were under pressure to score, seems Mourinho is starting to trust him.

Could perhaps see him start soon, particularly given injuries and suspensions, but mainly just that what we're currently doing isn't really working.

Shows what happens if you pass the ball forward.
I think many of our current playing squad are having an ongoing suitability test with MouMou.
Uber could be very busy next summer!

Where was he played when bought on yesterday? Didn't bother with the second half

We'd somehow managed to work into a back 5 with Sess and Aurier playing as wing backs and Jan playing as one of 3 cb's marking 1 forward. This left the midfield 2 totally exposed and led to Dele having to come back and try and build things. All this did was invite Brighton on as we were short of bodies up the field.

GLC replaced Sess and took Moura's position on the right and Moura moved over to the left to play as more of a like for like replacement for Son. Finally we arrived at a much more traditional 4231. GLC likes to play inside on his left foot and this created space for Serge to come forward.

I think that system is what most fans have been wanting to see (with maybe Son in favour Moura as left forward).

We'd somehow managed to work into a back 5 with Sess and Aurier playing as wing backs and Jan playing as one of 3 cb's marking 1 forward. This left the midfield 2 totally exposed and led to Dele having to come back and try and build things. All this did was invite Brighton on as we were short of bodies up the field.

I don't think that you can blame Sess for that, it's been an issue in our last three games. Sissoko goes wandering and the other CM is left exposed. Dele then drops back to provide cover and looking for the ball. It's going to be an issue all of the time that Aurier is playing and Sissoko is in CM.

Back