• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

We've made some poor signings over the past several years but Lo Celso was the worst one by quite a margin. Mostly injured and mostly rubbish on the rare occasions when he wasn't injured. Of all our players he was the one I wanted out the most this window as he clearly didn't have the talent for Premier League football. Fingers crossed he can do something in the weaker Spanish league that might mean we can scrape in £20m for him in the summer.

We've made some poor signings over the past several years but Lo Celso was the worst one by quite a margin. Mostly injured and mostly rubbish on the rare occasions when he wasn't injured. Of all our players he was the one I wanted out the most this window as he clearly didn't have the talent for Premier League football. Fingers crossed he can do something in the weaker Spanish league that might mean we can scrape in £20m for him in the summer.

Agreed wholly.
You look at sliding doors moments and ponder Fernandes over Lo Celso…wow…I said at the time it should never have been two of three it should’ve been three of three and spend the money because we’d just been CL Finalists and made 150 mill from that run alone. It was a massive mistake not to sign Fernandes IMO…and yes, I think the only redemption for GLC would’ve been Poch’s tutelage, albeit I’m not sure even that would’ve been enough.

Agreed wholly.
You look at sliding doors moments and ponder Fernandes over Lo Celso…wow…I said at the time it should never have been two of three it should’ve been three of three and spend the money because we’d just been CL Finalists and made 150 mill from that run alone. It was a massive mistake not to sign Fernandes IMO…and yes, I think the only redemption for GLC would’ve been Poch’s tutelage, albeit I’m not sure even that would’ve been enough.
Guess we will see what a Poch does with Fernandes next season

Agreed wholly.

Problem is we spunked 40 million more on sess and Clarke in the same window, think it’s unrealistic to spend 200 million.

Agreed wholly.
I suspect that, as soon as ManU came in for Fernandes, we had no chance. No idea what he's earning but it's likely to be higher than Levy would have offered at the time, given that we were already having to offer Tubs a pretty hefty packet.

Like many others on here, I was excited by Ndombele and GLC signing. In hindsight, we picked the wrong one, but that's always a risk with transfers.

Last edited:
Thought he played a good match tonight and unlucky not to score. Spaniards are praising him a lot and are very happy to have such a talent. This can only be good news.
He had one chance, and that one chance really highlighted how one footed he is. If he had a right foot, he could have passed it into the bottom corner, but since his right peg is only for standing on, all he managed was a scuffed shot across goal. Didn't really do much else other than what you would expect. Juve just sat back and didn't even bother to press. They were happy to let Villarreal pass back and forth.

They can keep him, and we take Torres off them

Back