• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

FWIW (although it does sound very plausible)

https://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com/2019/07/tottenham-talk-update-lo-celso-and.html

The fee was all agreed before the Copa America and personal terms verbally agreed with the player, well his agent. We then waited on him competing in the Copa America, then having a 2 week holiday, which ends early this week. He was willing to leave his holiday early to come and sign a contract and have a medical.

There were those i's and t's to sort out with his contract and they have been ironed out so it is all ready to sign from his angle. There is a delay because of the payment structure, Real Betis have changed their mind how they want the money paid. As I have explained before, it is normal to have the main part of the fee spread over the term of an initial contract, thus a club knows what it's expenditure is years ahead. The two sides are still haggling over this and while a player would normally still be allowed to fly over, Real Betis have refused Lo Celso permission to fly as a bargaining chip for forcing us to agree more to their new payment structure rather than the payment structure we had a verbal agreement on.

Their circumstances and income/expenditure has changed thus they want to change the structure to suit their new situation. They have sold and bought and now still need to buy a striker, but the striker they want they need to pay a release clause for so without knowing the details I'm guessing they want more money upfront in a lump payment.

We were hoping he'd be able to have a medical today, as we were expecting him at the club yesterday, that is obviously delayed and we are back to the original assessment of this weekend.

We now complete all deals subject to a medical so we can't have anymore Chelsea gazumping moments.

https://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com/2019/07/tottenham-talk-update-lo-celso-and.html

The fee was all agreed before the Copa America and personal terms verbally agreed with the player, well his agent. We then waited on him competing in the Copa America, then having a 2 week holiday, which ends early this week. He was willing to leave his holiday early to come and sign a contract and have a medical.

There were those i's and t's to sort out with his contract and they have been ironed out so it is all ready to sign from his angle. There is a delay because of the payment structure, Real Betis have changed their mind how they want the money paid. As I have explained before, it is normal to have the main part of the fee spread over the term of an initial contract, thus a club knows what it's expenditure is years ahead. The two sides are still haggling over this and while a player would normally still be allowed to fly over, Real Betis have refused Lo Celso permission to fly as a bargaining chip for forcing us to agree more to their new payment structure rather than the payment structure we had a verbal agreement on.

Their circumstances and income/expenditure has changed thus they want to change the structure to suit their new situation. They have sold and bought and now still need to buy a striker, but the striker they want they need to pay a release clause for so without knowing the details I'm guessing they want more money upfront in a lump payment.

We were hoping he'd be able to have a medical today, as we were expecting him at the club yesterday, that is obviously delayed and we are back to the original assessment of this weekend.

We now complete all deals subject to a medical so we can't have anymore Chelsea gazumping moments.
If true, I’d imagine we’ll be agreeable to paying more to them up front, as long as the overall total cost of the transfer is then reduced.

If true, I’d imagine we’ll be agreeable to paying more to them up front, as long as the overall total cost of the transfer is then reduced.
Which might explain some of the lower figures being bandied about, compared to the original fee that was quoted. Let's see... I'd be willing to wager the final price will end up being around £50m plus add-ons.

This is where the earlier closure of the summer window benefits us. As we all know Levy will barter till the last minute which usually meant even when we did sign the player we would have played 3 league games and usually suffered before he even signed the contract.

I say let's close the window two weeks before the season starts. [emoji38]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

The longer it goes on, the less likely we are to see him start off the season. He'll need time to settle in and train with the squad / Poch before he gets near that first 11.

Very frustrating.

The longer it goes on, the less likely we are to see him start off the season. He'll need time to settle in and train with the squad / Poch before he gets near that first 11.

Very frustrating.

We're currently in the Far East on tour but he wouldn't have joined them any way because he was at the Copa de America and then given recovery time off, if he signs I'd assume he'd be around for the Audi Cup and get playing time in then as well as training with the first team.

I think players need less time to adapt now than they did say 5-10 years ago because tactically teams are a lot more fluid now.

I think players need less time to adapt now than they did say 5-10 years ago because tactically teams are a lot more fluid now.
I’m struggling to think of one player who has come in under Poch and adapted quickly.

Average bedding in time seems to be 12 months+ !

Back