• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

what sort of a player is this Lo Celso.

There's a bit of info on him here:
https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/will-giovani-lo-celso-be-psgs-one-that-got-away/

The neighbour I got talking to yesterday (who turned out to be a yid), said he followed Betis in Spain and said Lo Celso would be a very good signing for us. Said he wasn't too dissimilar to Dembele - good offensively and defensively, not quite as strong and as good at ball recovery as Dembele, but with a better offensive output.

There's a bit of info on him here:
https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/will-giovani-lo-celso-be-psgs-one-that-got-away/

The neighbour I got talking to yesterday (who turned out to be a yid), said he followed Betis in Spain and said Lo Celso would be a very good signing for us. Said he wasn't too dissimilar to Dembele - good offensively and defensively, not quite as strong and as good at ball recovery as Dembele, but with a better offensive output.

Never seen him play before but that article makes him sound like a player to get excited about

Of course not.

But as Sissoko is our 6th or 7th best player (this season, way lower over time) Id sell him in a heart beat if we were getting improvements to CM
(For reasons other than the backdraft getting stronger every day) why would you sell one of our strongest players in midfield ahead of the various weaker ones? (i.e. Dier, Wanyama, Lamela)?

(For reasons other than the backdraft getting stronger every day) why would you sell one of our strongest players in midfield ahead of the various weaker ones? (i.e. Dier, Wanyama, Lamela)?

Ive been over it many times, and it usually ends up in a witch hunt so if you dont mind Ill be brief.

I dont think he has another season like this in him. In short, I dont think he is suited to us for the long haul. I do think we will never get as much £££ for him as we will this summer. I also think it could be in his interest to get a big deal (at 30) somewhere he actually fits in more naturally.

That aside, I didnt say Id sell him ahead of anyone, only that Id sell him in a heartbeat (Wanyama and Lamela are welcome to go too, but Id certainly be keeping Dier).

How long has he been around PSG?. Thought we'd regularly be sniffing around their surplus stock.

Betis get him. Trigger the buy clause and try to treble their money.
:rolleyes:

Have Moura or Serge got any inside track on him.?

I know Poch appears to be against it but I think the loan to buy (if any good) might be worth a go on 2 or 3 players. We're more attractive than most clubs.

Is he going to be Eriksens replacement?

I had the same questions, and thought these few threads had some good info on who Lo Celso is and what role he COULD play for us.

Seems like he wouldn't be a specific replacement for either Eriksen or Dembele, but would give Poch many more options in midfield. And, I suppose it wouldn't make sense to try to replace such unique players with another single player.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 3.25.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 3.25.47 PM.png
    399.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 3.23.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 3.23.53 PM.png
    614.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 3.25.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 3.25.47 PM.png
    399.3 KB · Views: 20
I had the same questions, and thought these few threads had some good info on who Lo Celso is and what role he COULD play for us.

Seems like he wouldn't be a specific replacement for either Eriksen or Dembele, but would give Poch many more options in midfield. And, I suppose it wouldn't make sense to try to replace such unique players with another single player.

Completely agree you can't just expect one player to slot in and play exactly the same as his predecessor.

He did very well in that Milan match. It looks like he has a bit of everything including some traditional Argentinian brickhousing skills.

Back