• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

So by that logic your expecting a striker to be signed to replace llorente.

Who may I ask?
Not really. Do you honestly think we will spend 130 million plus this year and just sell about 30 million worth? Levy would like to get as close to net as possible based on his last 20 years of buying and selling. There's not a chance in hell we will spend another 60 million without getting as close to recouping it. As for llorente no idea but that doesn't mean that a striker needs to be signed.

Scott Parker isn't a bad shout; though again, Skipp is only 18 and Parker played say 3-4 years of decent football at Charlton before going to cheatski aged 24. I really dont think that given our level, we should expect him to contribute massively. Send him on loan or something, but dont expect him to play much at all for a year or two

If I was Ceballos, I wouldnt leave Real! 22 years old, Spanish international, playing increasing amounts...why would you leave?!?
Because he will play less now under Zidane

Not really. Do you honestly think we will spend 130 million plus this year and just sell about 30 million worth? Levy would like to get as close to net as possible based on his last 20 years of buying and selling. There's not a chance in hell we will spend another 60 million without getting as close to recouping it. As for llorente no idea but that doesn't mean that a striker needs to be signed.

If we all thought like that, we’d all still be in caves scratching our arses.

Things and circumstances change.

A 100m net outlay is very possible in this window imo.

If we all thought like that, we’d all still be in caves scratching our arses.

Things and circumstances change.

A 100m net outlay is very possible in this window imo.

Agreed. There have been plenty of stories that Poch had around £50 million in the pot during the last window but chose not to spend. We got £11 million for Dembele. Add in the CL money and there is plenty to spend - if we choose to.

We’re in a different Spurs world now.

I predicted 50m net at the start of the window. I'm sticking to that - and that would be acceptable, imo.
That's doable. So 63m for Ndombele, 10m for Clarke, let's say £60m for Lo Celso, and for arguments sake 130m total.

Do we also buy sessegnon for 40m pushing it to 170m. Who are we going to sell?

Trippier and Alderweireld/Rose it seems 50m. That leaves 120m spend. I just can't see that happening. IMO Eriksen then gets sold and that brings us down to around your 50m spend.

Obviously these are guessing figures and some players sold and bought are just rumoured too. Being brave doesn't mean spending like City or United. I think it means copying Liverpools model. They spent a lot but still sold Coutinho for shed loads which took the net spend down. I see us doing the same and selling a lot more ie Eriksen. Although I would like us to spend a lot more for once.

Last edited:
I agree, it's likely that we will sell. And that's okay, imo - the important thing, to me, is that we buy first, get our first choices and worry about selling *after* that. That way, we come out stronger.

We've done that with Ndombele, and it's a supremely promising start. If we spend even more, fantastic - but the principle is what mattered, and it was commendably followed here. Where we go from here now is, imo, likely dependent on sales.

63m for Ndombele, 10m for Clarke, 63m for Lo Celso (just a guess) - 136m total.

I doubt Sessegnon will cost 40 - I'd wager closer to 27/30m. Let's go with the latter, so 30m, so 166m.

If the Saliba stuff is true, tack on another 30m. So, 196m. Round it up to 200m spent.

In terms of sales, Eriksen will get us a fair bit - assuming 70-75m.

Toby's price is reliably 25m. I'd wager Trippier/Aurier will be sold for a similar amount - 25M. So, those three total 125m.

There's just 25m left to make up from two or more of Wanyama, Lamela, Rose, N'Koudou and Janssen, without counting the 10m received for Dembele in January. Comfortably possible, imo.

Those are guesses, of course (and if we sell one of Trippier or Rose, we'll have to buy another RB/LB), but the point is that we have space to meet that 50m net spend target while still strengthening the side with players that Poch wants.

I agree, it's likely that we will sell. And that's okay, imo - the important thing, to me, is that we buy first, get our first choices and worry about selling *after* that. That way, we come out stronger.

We've done that with Ndombele, and it's a supremely promising start. If we spend even more, fantastic - but the principle is what mattered, and it was commendably followed here. Where we go from here now is, imo, likely dependent on sales.

I doubt Sessegnon will cost 40 - I'd wager closer to 27/30m. Let's go with the latter, so 30m, so 166m.

If the Saliba stuff is true, tack on another 30m. So, 196m. Round it up to 200m spent.

Toby's price is reliably 25m. I'd wager Trippier/Aurier will be sold for a similar amount - 25M. So, those three total 125m.

There's just 25m left to make up from two or more of Wanyama, Lamela, Rose, N'Koudou and Janssen, without counting the 10m received for Dembele in January. Comfortably possible, imo.

Those are guesses, of course (and if we sell one of Trippier or Rose, we'll have to buy another RB/LB), but the point is that we have space to meet that 50m net spend target while still strengthening the side with players that Poch wants.
Completely agree. Whilst none of us know the exact figures and incomings and outgoings I think we will see a few sales.
If it stayed as it is we are definitely stronger than last season with Ndombele and he was my no 1 player I wanted. That said we lose Toby and Eriksen we are definitely weaker so we try and replace them if they go. Doesn't seem Lamela is off and can't see us having Eriksen Lamela and lo Celso in the squad.

Yes, I broadly agree with that, though if Trippier goes, which I think is likely, we'll be bringing in a new RB. I guess that could be Dani Alves so zero transfer fee

Whether the Saliba stuff is true or not, we'll be signing a new CB if Toby goes so I think you're right in that assumption

Also right to assume Eriksen goes if Lo Celso arrives. Anyone thinking that we'd have both are deluded IMO

Only thing I’d add is that Saliba IMO would be about just offering more up front that arsenal which apparently was £10m..l so we have gazumped them with a bit more cash up front (that’s not saying we don’t have to pay £30m)

I also don’t think anything he is going for Toby. The Roma talk about them thinking they can him cheaper after his clause lapses is bizarre as spurs then control the situation. I believe we would let him go on a free at the end of the season personally

I also don’t think anything he is going for Toby. The Roma talk about them thinking they can him cheaper after his clause lapses is bizarre as spurs then control the situation. I believe we would let him go on a free at the end of the season personally

I think that he's likely to sign a new contract if a bigger club doesn't come in for him this summer.

£25m is a steal for a player of his quality, I am mystified that all of the major clubs aren't interested. Even if you signed him for that an moved him on next summer, you'd have a top quality experienced centre back for a season and turn a profit.

I think that he's likely to sign a new contract if a bigger club doesn't come in for him this summer.

£25m is a steal for a player of his quality, I am mystified that all of the major clubs aren't interested. Even if you signed him for that an moved him on next summer, you'd have a top quality experienced centre back for a season and turn a profit.

Hence why I don’t think anyone will be buy him
Why haven’t they already???
They have what 12 days left to get him for £25m

I think people are leaving it late as if they go early, they risk a bidding war.

I’m still expecting a flurry of interest in him closer to the £25m deadline.

£25m is as good as free for a player of his quality. If there isn't a bigger club than us in for him this summer, I don't see one being interested next. Which is why I think there is a fair chance he might sign a new contract.

I think people are leaving it late as if they go early, they risk a bidding war.

I’m still expecting a flurry of interest in him closer to the £25m deadline.

Bidding war on what, wages?
The fee is fixed at £25m so it comes down to what they pay him

I do agree though that their aren’t teams that are bigger than us after him currently which does effect his bargaining position

Back