• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

DL: MoPo, the executive are concerned about our slow starts to seasons and would like to see an improvement in this area.

MP: Daniel.
I can show you how we can achieve this.
First, you must hold this lemon.....

We wouldnt be signing him if Eriksen wasn't going. We wouldnt be able to pay that sort of fee for someone who isnt in the team...and I dont see that you'd play Lo Celso, Eriksen and Dele in the same team...all a bit one paced. Plus we need to spend money elsewhere!

I saw a write-up somewhere comparing Lo Celso and Eriksen. The main difference it highlighted was that GLC gives more drive in open play but Eriksen is better from set pieces (despite what we've seen in the last year or two).

If we can sell Eriksen, sign GLC with some cash left over, I'm fine with that. We still need another CF and a RB so generating some net proceeds from the two deals would be useful

Lo Celso looks happier carrying the ball than Eriksen to me. He's also more physical and can play deeper. I think that if this comes off, it suggests a switch to 4-3-3 next season with Winks, Nodembele and Lo Celso as the 3 in midfield. We'd be a lot quicker on the break than we were last season.

Lo Celso looks happier carrying the ball than Eriksen to me. He's also more physical and can play deeper. I think that if this comes off, it suggests a switch to 4-3-3 next season with Winks, Nodembele and Lo Celso as the 3 in midfield. We'd be a lot quicker on the break than we were last season.
How do you see our strongest front three in that formation?

Kane Son
Alli
Wouldn't that be more similar to the diamond formation we've used at times this season?
Kane, Son and Dele but like all Poch formations, it would be pretty fluid and change during the game.
I agree that it probably will be fairly fluid as it usually is, not that hung up on formations. I just think Alli does his best work in the central AM position, getting close to Kane. To me a 433 would mean playing him wider or box to box, of the two I think I prefer him box to box.

All hypothetical of course, will be interesting to see what Pochettino's plan actually is.

One of Eriksen's strengths has been his versatility. Seems like Lo Celso might be similar in that regard, would allow us to continue with tactical flexibility if...

One of Eriksen's strengths has been his versatility. Seems like Lo Celso might be similar in that regard, would allow us to continue with tactical flexibility if...

I understand that he can play as both a #8 and #10 but is more comfortable playing deeper than Eriksen. Given that he is also a bit more physical and better at running with the ball, it may give us more options than we currently have.

The thing that strikes me is - even if we didnt switch to a midfield 3 (and I kind of expect we will) we would have the ability to.

Lo Celso is versatile enough we could move him forward and back with mid game tactical changes in much the same way we do Dier.

Its a great option to have to effect games without substitutions.

I’ve always had the feeling that Son plays better without Kane as he has more freedom to play centrally and is the focal point and recently it has felt the same for Kane?

Not sure if there are any stats to back this up...

Think we haven't actually played them as a two up front, either Kane drops in behind (not his post position) or Son gets put out wide. Would be interesting to see them play as a pair but in the modern game it's probably unlikely to happen. Son does play well centrally when Kane is absent it's true. Hopefully with a bigger squad we'll rotate a bit more and there be games we decided Kane can be rested and Son can start there/not have to drop Kane straight back in the team if he's returning from injury.

Based on performance from recent years I'd still prefer Antarctica to Lo Celso.
However, Tricky Sucks tweeded the chance of this signing is melting as we cooled our interest in N'Tarctica.

Antarctica.jpg

I’ve always had the feeling that Son plays better without Kane as he has more freedom to play centrally and is the focal point and recently it has felt the same for Kane?

Not sure if there are any stats to back this up...

I agree about Kane not playing as well as Son up with him, or it seems to be that way. I dont think kane looked that great when Moura was up with him at times early in the season. Could just be that another player there drags another defender in close and takes up the space for Kane to use. I generally think we look our best when we play 4-2-3-1 rather than the various other ways we sometimes line up

It will be interesting to see what happens to Kane and Alli if we do switch to 4-3-3, as both of them tend to relatively under-perform for England in those positions (although obviously there they are surrounded by inferior players)

Pochettino wants Lo Celso 'at all costs'
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino reportedly wants to sign Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso ‘at all costs’.

The Argentina international is rated at €75m by his club after they took advantage of an option-to-buy clause in his loan deal from PSG for €23m this season.

And according to Diario de Sevilla via Sport Witness, contacts between the two clubs are ongoing, with Manchester United also linked. Spurs are not willing to match Betis’ valuation, but Pochettino is said to want the signing “at all costs”.

Pochettino wants Lo Celso 'at all costs'
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino reportedly wants to sign Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso ‘at all costs’.

The Argentina international is rated at €75m by his club after they took advantage of an option-to-buy clause in his loan deal from PSG for €23m this season.

And according to Diario de Sevilla via Sport Witness, contacts between the two clubs are ongoing, with Manchester United also linked. Spurs are not willing to match Betis’ valuation, but Pochettino is said to want the signing “at all costs”.

I'm not sure I can ever imagine Poch saying the words "at all costs". He seems far too grounded to get all dramatic like that.

I'm a bit baffled we didn't go after Lo Celso last summer. It's not like Betis is a bigger draw than Spurs. Now we'll have to pay triple for him...

Back