• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gin

DTA

Clint Dempsey
I'm normally a jack Daniels man, but recently been enjoying different gins, I like Hendricks and Bombay any other gin fans? Any recommendations?

Gin is super - healthier too... Gin, slimline tonic, a slice of lime (lime is better than lemon)... few ice cubes.

Im a black label kinda guy (blue label if im feeling frivolous)

Cucumber???? Can't wait to hear Chichs response. This thread is very camp and will only end in tears

:)

We get through a couple of bottles a week and I think the money's best spent on the tonic.

Perfectly happy with waitroses own label Gin.

The best one I ever had was german.

Apparently Aldi's gin did very well in blind taste tests. Beating £100 bottles for taste.

Ive been drinking gin since my uni days, top drink. If im having a G&T then you reslly need quite a robust gin like plymouth or tanquray. I find delicate gins like hendricks, tanq 10 and a lot of the small batch gins get lost in tonic.

Always lime in gin as lemon is already in most gins so the lime adds another flavour.

The aldi gin is like paint stripper to me, at £10 a bottle its ok i guess for a G&T but im not a massive fan of London style gins anyway, i find they have a slightly metalic/anaseed taste.

Last one I had was a bottle of export strength Tanquray, which was fine. I'm all for gin during summer, but I'm easily bored with it.

I usually drink aquavit, it goes with everything, food, snacks, cheese, beer, movies, sofas, chairs, bathing, skiing...etc.. and there are loads of different ones to choose from. When I really want a treat I pour myself a Lagavulin.

Ive been drinking gin since my uni days, top drink. If im having a G&T then you reslly need quite a robust gin like plymouth or tanquray. I find delicate gins like hendricks, tanq 10 and a lot of the small batch gins get lost in tonic.

Try using a better quality tonic. Schwepps, for example, is so thick (and full of crap such as high-fructose corn syrup) that it can easily bury the Gin. Since the tonic makes up the majority of the drink, it's just as important to use a quality one as it is to use a nice Gin.

I work in the spirits business in San Francisco, and deal with most of the high-end mixology bars and restaurants. I often conduct ****tail blind-tastings with buyers and, even though i don't sell it, Beefeaters is the one brand that always ranks near the top, even against considerably more expensive options.

If you can afford it, Sipsmith is the dogs' danglies.

My favorite Gin ****tail. Boozy and delicious...

The Martinez:
2 parts Gin (traditionally an Old Tom style but it works well with London Dry styles too such as Beefeater, Tanqueray etc)
2 parts Sweet Vermouth
1 part Cherry Liqueur
3-4 dashes bitters (ie. Angostura)

Stir with ice and serve either neat or over fresh ice and garnish with orange peel.

Try using a better quality tonic. Schwepps, for example, is so thick (and full of crap such as high-fructose corn syrup) that it can easily bury the Gin. Since the tonic makes up the majority of the drink, it's just as important to use a quality one as it is to use a nice Gin.

Why put tonic in a good gin at all? Its like mixing malt whisky with lemonade. Generally, small batch gins are made differently to the bigger brands as they are made by passing the vapour through fresh fruit/herbs/spices rather than adding them and boiling them.

If your drinking good gin with tonic, even a good one like fevertree, its a waste of a good spirit.

Back