• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gianluca Scamacca

Darwin Nunez should be our back-up option IMO

edit: never heard of this Scammacca guy (sounds like someone out of the Sopranos) so he should have course be better

Darwin Nunez should be our back-up option IMO

edit: never heard of this Scammacca guy (sounds like someone out of the Sopranos) so he should have course be better

If Darwin Nunes is a realistic backup option we're in a really strong position.

Only seen highlights of Scammacca, but seems to have good feet for a big man.

If Darwin Nunes is a realistic backup option we're in a really strong position.

Only seen highlights of Scammacca, but seems to have good feet for a big man.

No idea how realistic he is, and Benfica often have those daft release clauses which never get paid.

However there aren't many buyers for a CF at the moment ...Utd and Chelsea don't need one, Spanish clubs are broke,....only question is whether City go for him, but then if they do then that's one fewer competitor for Vlahovic and vice versa

Biggest risk on Nunez is that he hasn't played in a major league but he's looked superb when I've seen him before

No idea how realistic he is, and Benfica often have those daft release clauses which never get paid.

However there aren't many buyers for a CF at the moment ...Utd and Chelsea don't need one, Spanish clubs are broke,....only question is whether City go for him, but then if they do then that's one fewer competitor for Vlahovic and vice versa

Biggest risk on Nunez is that he hasn't played in a major league but he's looked superb when I've seen him before

Agreed. With Mbappe and Haaland more or less actively on the market too there won't be as many options for players at the level below.

Nunez looks class
But they would want half his release fee I reckon which is £150m so £75m
don’t forget felix was sold for £100m plus and he was no where near as good

This guy is a viable alternative to Vlahovic I think
Plays as a target man with good feet and on the upwards curve now
Would be in the £35m bracket but I think he will get better and better and being linked now with Inter and Juve
https://www.footballfancast.com/tottenham-hotspur-news/tottenham-scamacca-premier-league-kane-conte

This rumour is being re-activatied now as Vlahovic is looking less and less likely (at least in this window).
Seems to have the right characteristics and in the right price bracket for us. He is only 23 and has scored 8 goals in 20 appearances this season . He is a twice capped Italian international so hopefully Conte is well aware of him and his capabilities.
Get him in now. The only downside is that his name is too similar to Scaras!

This rumour is being re-activatied now as Vlahovic is looking less and less likely (at least in this window).
Seems to have the right characteristics and in the right price bracket for us. He is only 23 and has scored 8 goals in 20 appearances this season . He is a twice capped Italian international so hopefully Conte is well aware of him and his capabilities.
Get him in now. The only downside is that his name is too similar to Scaras!
It’s like a lot of things
It’s a progressive player that could get better here or buy a finished ish… article

It’s like a lot of things
It’s a progressive player that could get better here or buy a finished ish… article
We don't really buy the finished article. We haven't for years. It not our modus operandi and in any event we can't compete with the monied clubs.
This guy seems a better bet than many we have made in recent years - NJai, NKoudou, Ndombele to name but three waste of times.

We don't really buy the finished article. We haven't for years. It not our modus operandi and in any event we can't compete with the monied clubs.
This guy seems a better bet than many we have made in recent years - NJai, NKoudou, Ndombele to name but three waste of times.

PEH and Doherty are the only "finished articles" that spring to mind. PEH might be debatable. Maybe Moura.

For all the misses, we have lots of hits too:
Lloris.
Verts.
Toby.
Eriksen.
Alli.
Kane.
Son.
Reggie.
Sanchez.

All of whom have become established first team regulars.
You can add the likes of Bale, Modric, Carrick.
Berbatov is the only established player I can think of that's been a huge success.

PEH and Doherty are the only "finished articles" that spring to mind. PEH might be debatable. Maybe Moura.

For all the misses, we have lots of hits too:
Lloris.
Verts.
Toby.
Eriksen.
Alli.
Kane.
Son.
Reggie.
Sanchez.

All of whom have become established first team regulars.
You can add the likes of Bale, Modric, Carrick.
Berbatov is the only established player I can think of that's been a huge success.

None of the above were really the finished article when we purchased them. All were gambles and future prospects. Only possibly Toby and Sissoko!!!fall into that category. Probably Lloris too. Berbatov was certainly also only a prospect when we bought him.
If you go back into our history, people like Lineker, Greaves, Waddle, Gascogne, Chivers, Ardiles etc were well established stars when we bought them. We wouldn't be able to buy commensurate stars now.

None of the above were really the finished article when we purchased them. All were gambles and future prospects. Only possibly Toby and Sissoko!!!fall into that category. Probably Lloris too. Berbatov was certainly also only a prospect when we bought him.
If you go back into our history, people like Lineker, Greaves, Waddle, Gascogne, Chivers, Ardiles etc were well established stars when we bought them. We wouldn't be able to buy commensurate stars now.
My list players that were not finished articles - wasn't clear looking back at my post.

On reflection, it includes a lot of our core category - "mid level league top player". The risk is always big with profile - but we have a pretty good success rate.

Back