• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Get us out of the europa league!!!!!

The biggest disadvantge of the EL for English sides is having to play on Sundays. Serie A plays most of their games on Sundays anyway, La Liga play quite a lot of games on Sunday, but most teams in England play on Saturday and it just means you are always playing catch up with the teams who played a day before and it must put enormous pressure on the team knowing the rivals for top 4 have played already and have won.

it's a ****e excuse trotted out to alleviate blame from those that deserve it - the teams which occupy the positions we aim to be in can juggle European football and a domestic campaign and if we ever want to replace one of them we have to be able to do the same.

not to mention it's a European cup competition and in keeping with the traditions of the club we should be wanting to win such tournaments.

Take you point. But:

Five of Tottenham's 7 league defeats this season have come after Europa League matches.

Naughton, Vertonghen, Dawson, Rose, Capoue, Paulinho and Bentaleb all played 90 minutes on a dreadful pitch on Thursday, having travelled an over 3000 mile round trip. They all then started again today. And they all played ****.

Sorry, but anyone who can't see the reason behind our poor performance today is too stupid to be worth conversing with. I'm really disappointed, having praised him thus far, that our manager now appears to be in this category. I cannot believe Eriksen, easily the best player at this club, didn't even get on the pitch today when he was fully fit, and had only made a brief cameo on Thursday. Utterly ridiculous.

Winning the Europa League is like winning employee of the month in McDonalds. It's embarrassing to even be there in the first place. Nobody will have the slightest bit of respect for us for winning it. Sometimes, you have to knuckle down and do some work in places you don't want to, but if you find yourself working in McDonalds you should be skipping work to go and study and interview for better jobs and get yourself up to the top. The sad thing is, with us now 6 points behind Liverpool, I think we may now be 40 years old, having been flipping burgers for far too long to progress onto bigger and better things.

Take you point. But:

Five of Tottenham's 7 league defeats this season have come after Europa League matches.

that would suggest to me there's a clear sign of where we need to improve, rather than say take the route others want to and not bother with the competition at all

it's a ****e excuse trotted out to alleviate blame from those that deserve it - the teams which occupy the positions we aim to be in can juggle European football and a domestic campaign and if we ever want to replace one of them we have to be able to do the same.

not to mention it's a European cup competition and in keeping with the traditions of the club we should be wanting to win such tournaments.

=D>

Take you point. But:

And in Europa you play teams from some countries that barely exist and are 6 hours away with no airports hotels and roads

In the champions league you get the odd one or two like Shaktar but the majority sit in Europa

And in Europa you play teams from some countries that barely exist and are 6 hours away with no airports hotels and roads

In the champions league you get the odd one or two like Shaktar but the majority sit in Europa

Agreed. Flying over to a nice hotel in Dortmund, Naples or Marseille for example is nothing compared to a 3000 mile round trip to some random part of Ukraine where the facilities and weather are terrible, nobody speaks English and there's a civil war almost breaking out around you.

I can't believe that anyone wouldn't get excited about the prospect of playing Benfica over two legs :~

I hope we get past Dnipro and get the chance to have a crack at them. Much more exciting than playing the same teams over and over again.

We're not good enough to get into the Champions league, but we're too big to bother with the Europa league?

We're not good enough to get into the Champions league, but we're too big to bother with the Europa league?

Its crazy isn't it!

Europa League is our current level. Thats where we need to compete at the moment.

Winning the EL would be fing brillant! I for one will be very disappointed if we don't qualify.

Ask most Man Utd fans and i bet they'd want to qualify and then want to win it.

Nothing to do with being too big, it just puts us at a disadvantage and the most of the teams in the compeition are dreadful and the games are sleep inducing.

I can't believe that anyone wouldn't get excited about the prospect of playing Benfica over two legs :~

I hope we get past Dnipro and get the chance to have a crack at them. Much more exciting than playing the same teams over and over again.

Benfica after how many games though and if we get through?

I booked my flights for Benfica on whim with my mates just in case

But the reality is we will have done about 30000 miles before we get there as a team

that would suggest to me there's a clear sign of where we need to improve, rather than say take the route others want to and not bother with the competition at all

Naturally we need to improve. All sides do! There isn't a team in the world that does not want to improve. Levy and team will be trying to improve all the time. I agree with your points, we need to improve the squad and the management (if that is what you are saying), but you can't get away from the fact that performances are compromised post EL.

Liverpool are making the most of not being in Europe and are challenging for the league. I don't think they are consistent enough to win it, but having played 10 less games that their opponents today (Swansea who are in the EL) means their movement is much better. They can run all game.

So its 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Nothing to do with being too big, it just puts us at a disadvantage and the most of the teams in the compeition are dreadful and the games are sleep inducing.

You don't have to watch them you know. ;)

I'd rather watch us play some Eastern European pub team each Thursday, than not see us play at all. Not having European games to fill the midweek void is the most boring thing of all.

If we'd treated the Europa League with the contempt it deserves, we'd have qualified for the Champions League last season and would be in with a very strong shout of doing so again this year. We'll never know but we may have even kept Bale.

Naturally we need to improve. All sides do! There isn't a team in the world that does not want to improve. Levy and team will be trying to improve all the time. I agree with your points, we need to improve the squad and the management (if that is what you are saying), but you can't get away from the fact that performances are compromised post EL.

Liverpool are making the most of not being in Europe and are challenging for the league. I don't think they are consistent enough to win it, but having played 10 less games that their opponents today (Swansea who are in the EL) means their movement is much better. They can run all game.

So its 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

the point is that there are plenty of teams who can cope physically with the demands of european football and a domestic campaign - if we can't do the same then we should be looking at the reasons why - not holding our hands up and cursing the extra matches.

If we'd treated the Europa League with the contempt it deserves, we'd have qualified for the Champions League last season and would be in with a very strong shout of doing so again this year. We'll never know but we may have even kept Bale.

that's pure conjecture.

Benfica after how many games though and if we get through?

I booked my flights for Benfica on whim with my mates just in case

But the reality is we will have done about 30000 miles before we get there as a team

But getting to this stage is a piece of ****. If we're well managed and play properly it should be a fking stroll in the park getting this far.

Now we play the likes of Benfica, Juventus, Fiorentina, Porto, Basel, Sevilla.

We have to beat Dnipro and we're in amongst some great clubs and big challenges.

Last year beating Lyon and Inter was great.

I like it. Its our level and we should be trying to win it. If we ***** out we just spoil the name of the club and look like were too scared of losing to try and win.

Back