1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Georges-Kévin NKoudou

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Heda SPURSCZ, 31 Aug 2016.

1. Jon

Jon Chris Armstrong

We need Harry to take over a French club..... we miss his ‘job lot’ clear outs.

2. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Frederic Kanoute

A total waste of money like his predecessor Clinton N'Jie. I doubt we will get our money back on him and in the meantime we are tinkling money on wages down the drain. There are several good players playing in France but we never seem to buy the real quality players

3. MKSpur

MKSpur Sergei Rebrov

I was looking for the article where he was touted as one of the best prospects in Europe but this made me smile, typical Levymove:

Tottenham have signed Georges-Kévin Nkoudou from Marseille on a five-year contract more than 40 days after he passed his medical, with the Spurs forward Clinton Njie joining the French club on a season-long loan.

In one of the most protracted transfer sagas of any transfer window and which saw the Spurs head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, tender his resignation, Nkoudou has signed a five-year deal at White Hart Lane for a fee of around £9.4m – a reduction of £1.6m from the fee agreed with Marseille in mid-July. The Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, attempted to restructure the deal despite the 21-year-old forward having already completed a medical and negotiations broke down

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...tenham-transfer-40-days-after-passing-medical

4. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Vedran Corluka

So we've got a 9.4m flop rather than a 11m flop.

Well played Levy

5. P.D.

P.D. Milija Aleksic

Did wonder why we signed him and N'Jie, neither are the worst players I've seen play for us but seemed they were never really favoured from the start. We just need to get him off the wage bill and free up a squad place. Grateful for the cross against Fulham though.

6. AdamB

AdamB Ian Walker

He's also an out and out old-fashioned winger, which we don't play with.

I think we'd be better off someone taking him on a very low fee but with a high % sell-on clause. Might be more likely to shift him than holding out to recover a good chunk of the fee paid

7. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Vedran Corluka

I can only really remember two things from him. The cross you mention v Fulham, and an absolutely dire first touch when he came on in the league cup defeat to West Ham, sending the ball 30 yards across the pitch, straight out of play.
    We need to cut our losses and find a way to move him on.

8. Jon

Jon Chris Armstrong

You need to factor in the costs of his never ending staycation at a London hotel awaiting his deal to be finalised.

Must be over the £11m again all in!

9. Cochise

Cochise Michael Carrick

I think N'jie was better than GKN.

spurspinter1 likes this.
  10. Jon

Jon Chris Armstrong

GK N’Youll-do.

MKSpur likes this.
  11. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Young-Pyo Lee

The poor fella never really got a go though, did he? I felt he had a couple of really good games, where his pace was a real asset and what was the game where he was clean through, but got cleaned up by the keeper?

12. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Tom Huddlestone

A few performances where he was really positive, ran well and moved well and made a difference - it hasnt worked out for him but its not like he has been terrible. He just didnt see any real chances.

harr1984 and galeforce like this.
  13. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Clint Dempsey

It'd be interesting to re-enter this debate and see whether any one had changed their viewpoint but IIRC it was a Sissoko hospital pass (in my humble opinion) when he should have been put through with as easy a one on one opportunity as you can have. Can't remember which game it was though and don't want to hijack the thread here....

Thing is with the not getting a fair chance perspective, those who see Poch as infallible and as a revolutionary for granting chances by how well someone is doing in training can only assume he's not been good enough. And as for his loan spells, we all know it can go either way in that regard. I'm pretty sure Lennon signed for Burnley just after GK had, which really didn't help his cause as most managers are going to pick the experienced pro, especially one who is guaranteed to put a shift in like Azza. As for Monaco, 3 league appearances in half a season isn't great but I don't know the full picture, doesn't help when the manager who signed you gets sacked in what, 3 or 4 weeks?

It looks to me from a cursory glance at wiki like the next step was taken too soon, breakthrough season at Nantes, signs for Marseilles and progresses even further in a team where more is expected of you but then takes another step up and all momentum was lost..

14. milo

milo Vivian Woodward Staff Member

What's the stress?

He was a punt, the price reflected that. He got some chances and didn't really take them. It's shame but none of us had particularly high hopes when he signed and it turns out we were right.