• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

According to French daily newspaper L’Equipe, Tottenham Hotspur are looking to sign 19 year old French full-back Damien Dussaut this summer.

Dussaut, part of the French U20 line up, is actually a Valenciennes player, but spent last season on loan in the lower divisions. L’Equipe say that Spurs have been discussing with the player since Thursday.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/tottenham-after-young-full-back-damien-dussaut/

The new Dorian Dervitte

Swansea's Huw Jenkins is set for a battle of wills to land the signature of Tottenham's Gylfi Sigurdsson with Daniel Levy not ready to give up the midfielder lightly.

Meanwhile, the Spurs chairman Levy is making a push for Swans keeper Michel Vorm and left back Ben Davies.

This is set to spark some ruthless boardroom bargaining should the two deals become connected, reports the Alan Nixon and Dean Jones in the Sunday People, with both club figureheads noted negotiators.

Sigurdsson, valued at £8million, made an impression on the Swans during a 2012 loan spell and Jenkins is keen to make his next visit to the Liberty Stadium a permanent one.

Sportsmail reported on Friday that new Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino had approved an opening bid of £6million for 21-year-old Wales defender Davies.

Swansea's signing of Lukasz Fabianski from Arsenal has placed Vorm's future in south-west Wales in question.

Swansea have bolstered their attack with the signing of France striker Bafetimbi Gomis, as interest continues to come from a number of clubs for their star forward Michu.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...wanseas-Huw-Jenkins-set-boardroom-battle.html

Swansea's Huw Jenkins is set for a battle of wills to land the signature of Tottenham's Gylfi Sigurdsson with Daniel Levy not ready to give up the midfielder lightly.

Meanwhile, the Spurs chairman Levy is making a push for Swans keeper Michel Vorm and left back Ben Davies.

This is set to spark some ruthless boardroom bargaining should the two deals become connected, reports the Alan Nixon and Dean Jones in the Sunday People, with both club figureheads noted negotiators.

Sigurdsson, valued at £8million, made an impression on the Swans during a 2012 loan spell and Jenkins is keen to make his next visit to the Liberty Stadium a permanent one.

Sportsmail reported on Friday that new Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino had approved an opening bid of £6million for 21-year-old Wales defender Davies.

Swansea's signing of Lukasz Fabianski from Arsenal has placed Vorm's future in south-west Wales in question.

Swansea have bolstered their attack with the signing of France striker Bafetimbi Gomis, as interest continues to come from a number of clubs for their star forward Michu.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...wanseas-Huw-Jenkins-set-boardroom-battle.html

While I would like a new young-ish goalkeeper who we could train to give Hugo some tactically similiar cover/competition (a goalie who rushes off his line, is quick with the ball at his feet, etcetera), I'd much prefer it be an English goalie like Karl Darlow or Alex McCarthy. If rumors about Dawson leaving are in fact true, we're going to have a problem soon with our home-grown quota, and one of the easiest ways to address that is via a back-up/young goalie. Bring in a talented young English keeper and let him be Hugo's understudy for the coming year/ the next two years (which is the maximum amount of time I can see Hugo spending here, in all honesty), with a graduation to a first-team place at the end of that period if he impresses. Should make for a smoother transition to first-team duties than some of our goalkeepers' introductions (Gomes', Hugo's own) over the years.

Also, I doubt Davies will go for anything under 10 million quid, myself, which makes the prospect of a swap deal for Gylfi plus 4 or 5 million quid palatable should Siggy himself be amenable to such a move.

While I would like a new young-ish goalkeeper who we could train to give Hugo some tactically similiar cover/competition (a goalie who rushes off his line, is quick with the ball at his feet, etcetera), I'd much prefer it be an English goalie like Karl Darlow or Alex McCarthy. If rumors about Dawson leaving are in fact true, we're going to have a problem soon with our home-grown quota, and one of the easiest ways to address that is via a back-up/young goalie. Bring in a talented young English keeper and let him be Hugo's understudy for the coming year/ the next two years (which is the maximum amount of time I can see Hugo spending here, in all honesty), with a graduation to a first-team place at the end of that period if he impresses. Should make for a smoother transition to first-team duties than some of our goalkeepers' introductions (Gomes', Hugo's own) over the years.

Also, I doubt Davies will go for anything under 10 million quid, myself, which makes the prospect of a swap deal for Gylfi plus 4 or 5 million quid palatable should Siggy himself be amenable to such a move.

I don't actually think Vorm is that young.

Baldini's mate Di Marzio has said tonight that Napoli are in talks with us over Sandro and 18m euros should be enough to close the deal.

Sounds like a reasonable fee.

There can be nothing reasonable about Sandro leaving us.

We will regret it if he does. I can just see it now.......fully recovered from his injuries, he becomes one of the highest rated DMs in the world.

There can be nothing reasonable about Sandro leaving us.

We will regret it if he does. I can just see it now.......fully recovered from his injuries, he becomes one of the highest rated DMs in the world.

This. He's a top, top, player and a cult hero too. There's no way that I want him leaving!

It all seemed to go a bit sour during the Sherwood tenure for Sandro, I wonder if tensions behind the scenes has led to him pushing for a transfer, or perhaps as he's only got 2 yrs left on his contract he's not willing to extend so now is a good time to cash in. Massive shame if he does leave, great character and player.

If we're willing to sell it's either because of his injuries or because Poch wants someone different in midfield. I don't give a **** about sentimentality, so if we are indeed looking to sell, that's a decent fee.

This probably wont go down well on here but Im quite comfortable letting Sandro go for that sort of price if Capoue is staying as I like him...

Sandro hasn't been that good for a while now always a yard off the pace gives away possession and free kicks picking up a lot of injuries every season now

No. 5 for Belgium playing at left back is playing very well tonight and knocking in some useful crosses.
Worth a punt I reckon.

Baldini's mate Di Marzio has said tonight that Napoli are in talks with us over Sandro and 18m euros should be enough to close the deal.

I can't see them paying that much

Sandro hasn't been that good for a while now always a yard off the pace gives away possession and free kicks picking up a lot of injuries every season now

He hasn't been good since his injury.

But that's because he hasn't been fully fit since his injury. Quite often happens after major surgery and rehabilitation that players pick up all sorts of minor injuries and are consequently off the pace.

Next season, he will have had the benefit of two months rest to let his body heal properly and get in balance. There's no reason why he couldn't again become the outstanding player he was for us before he was injured. So it would be foolish to sell him now. If he can't reach his former heights next season, then we should sell. Not now.

****'s sake.....he's one of the few players that the fans can relate to and love. And we're trying to get rid of him? I seriously ****ing hope not.

Don't know why we're getting linked with Vorm, unless Lloris is leaving..... which I don't think he is.
Would love it if we got Bony though.

He hasn't been good since his injury.

But that's because he hasn't been fully fit since his injury. Quite often happens after major surgery and rehabilitation that players pick up all sorts of minor injuries and are consequently off the pace.

Next season, he will have had the benefit of two months rest to let his body heal properly and get in balance. There's no reason why he couldn't again become the outstanding player he was for us before he was injured. So it would be foolish to sell him now. If he can't reach his former heights next season, then we should sell. Not now.

****'s sake.....he's one of the few players that the fans can relate to and love. And we're trying to get rid of him? I seriously ****ing hope not.

Big decision by Poch so soon into the job......to bomb out Sandro and replace him with over the hill fellow Argie Cambiasso seems very odd

Back