• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gedson Fernandes

winks was decent imo
It’s another game where he was outnumbered in midfield but still created more than their midfield. And it looked a reasonable balance with Lo Celso

this guy looks to wanna play on the right so for me would replace Lamela.

Agree on Winks. He had one terrible moment in the first half but besides that, I thought he did well. Two pieces of play stood out for me. The pass to Sonny was exceptionally good. Then in the second half, he backed up Tanganga when Sarr was about to roast him and positioned himself brilliantly to make the interception and put us on the front foot. Sarr knew there was no point taking on Tanganga coz Winks was there to cut him off so tried to cut it back and Winks pounced on it and sprung forward.

We don’t need a DM right now
We need a bloody striker
Well that too [emoji38]

I'm not giving up on a settled midfield dream. But yes a striker is now priority especially with Gedson coming in and the options he might give us.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I wondered recently if this was the same player from Benfica we were linked with around April last year and it is.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/...-385m-bid-for-benfica-star-gedson-fernan/?amp

I’m sure there was a sky piece on it around the same time saying we were leading the chase ahead of man utd and liverpool although I cant find it.

Seemed to be around the time it was looking like ndombele was a bit of a long shot to get and also before the lo celso links.

Good to see we now have all three. On the downside though I have seen that he played a CL game for benfica this season, so sadly he will be ineligible for us, but hopefully ndombele will be fully back by then.

I wondered recently if this was the same player from Benfica we were linked with around April last year and it is.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/...-385m-bid-for-benfica-star-gedson-fernan/?amp

I’m sure there was a sky piece on it around the same time saying we were leading the chase ahead of man utd and liverpool although I cant find it.

Seemed to be around the time it was looking like ndombele was a bit of a long shot to get and also before the lo celso links.

Good to see we now have all three. On the downside though I have seen that he played a CL game for benfica this season, so sadly he will be ineligible for us, but hopefully ndombele will be fully back by then.

No he won't. They've changed the rules to accomodate the richest clubs.

Can’t say i know much about this kid but is he a defensive midfielder or a box to box midfielder? If the latter surely thats what Ndombele is for? Hope they can work as a 3 with Le Celso and not one or the other.

feel sorry for the boy if as Jose said, he's living within walking distance of the stadium, hope's he's not in a grotty flatshare on the 7 sisters road *shudders*, someone should show him where players really live Totteridge, hadley wood etc.

Fernandes looked promising on his debut against Watford. But maybe he should have done better with his goal scoring chance. Credit to Mourinho for giving him debut so soon after signing him. Pochettino always hesitated to play his new signings and they rarely performed well on their debut as well.

Maybe just too soon to consider starting him?

It is early days but we also should view the 18 months as an audition and as long as Fernandes shows it in training we could do with his skills on the pitch..

---N'Dombele---GLC
---------Gedson

Maybe Winks in there or an imminent DM beast signing, should see us have a better grip on the ball in games for sure.

Not a bad start for his Spurs career, looked comfortable on the ball. Will take time at his age to adjust to the Prem but a good start.

I remember playing in a tournament in Holland in the 60's and all the Dutch boys looked comfortable on the ball and half of our team couldn't trap a box of kippers, most europeans seem to learn to love the ball rather than kick it as hard and far as you can, unfortunately I still see kids being encouraged to do it now.

I remember playing in a tournament in Holland in the 60's and all the Dutch boys looked comfortable on the ball and half of our team couldn't trap a box of kippers, most europeans seem to learn to love the ball rather than kick it as hard and far as you can, unfortunately I still see kids being encouraged to do it now.

Where? Kids these days are all about their skills and passing and wanting to be technical. My boys are 6 and 8 and their training and matches are all about touch, passing and control

Where? Kids these days are all about their skills and passing and wanting to be technical. My boys are 6 and 8 and their training and matches are all about touch, passing and control
Things have certainly changed at the pro clubs now as well as at any teams that have proper coaches.

The problem in this country is that you don't need any formal coaching qualifications to be able to coach kids at school or saturday/sunday league. That means a lot of kids get bad coaching early on in their development.

I remember when I was a kid, the difference it made to me when I played first district and then county football, both of which had a proper qualified coach. Whereas for years at school and with sunday league football our 'coaches' were absolute wallies.

The reason I went and did my UEFA badge was because I thought I might want to get involved in helping with the coaching of my own sons as they started to play sunday league football and I didn't want to be one of those absolute wallies.

The problem with football is that so many people love it and so many people want to get involved with it, but most of those people actually haven't really got a clue about the game. So many of our kids get taught bad habits and aren't given the right chance to improve by people who actually mean well.

I think Iceland have a policy where anyone coaching kids (from age 4 up) to play football have to have a coaching qualification. So all PE teachers and all kids saturday/sunday football team coaches there have a UEFA badge. Iceland's FA subsidised these coaching qualifications (no doubt using their income to do this instead of using that money to pay for their 'executives' to fly first class, stay in grand hotels and have long boozy lunches in Michelin starred restaurants as is the priority of 'other' FA's) Iceland (population 340 odd thousand) now have more qualified coaches than England. It is no coincidence that they became the smallest country by population to qualify for a World Cup.

Things have certainly changed at the pro clubs now as well as at any teams that have proper coaches.

The problem in this country is that you don't need any formal coaching qualifications to be able to coach kids at school or saturday/sunday league. That means a lot of kids get bad coaching early on in their development.

I remember when I was a kid, the difference it made to me when I played first district and then county football, both of which had a proper qualified coach. Whereas for years at school and with sunday league football our 'coaches' were absolute wallies.

The reason I went and did my UEFA badge was because I thought I might want to get involved in helping with the coaching of my own sons as they started to play sunday league football and I didn't want to be one of those absolute wallies.

The problem with football is that so many people love it and so many people want to get involved with it, but most of those people actually haven't really got a clue about the game. So many of our kids get taught bad habits and aren't given the right chance to improve by people who actually mean well.

I think Iceland have a policy where anyone coaching kids (from age 4 up) to play football have to have a coaching qualification. So all PE teachers and all kids saturday/sunday football team coaches there have a UEFA badge. Iceland's FA subsidised these coaching qualifications (no doubt using their income to do this instead of using that money to pay for their 'executives' to fly first class, stay in grand hotels and have long boozy lunches in Michelin starred restaurants as is the priority of 'other' FA's) Iceland (population 340 odd thousand) now have more qualified coaches than England. It is no coincidence that they became the smallest country by population to qualify for a World Cup.
Any clubs round me, pay for the dads who want to coach, to do their badges. All the schools I've experienced however, are clueless.

Back