• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gary Neville on Spurs

I don't play anymore, but when I did (as a keeper) the ref would always check that me and my opposite number that we were ready, which we obviously wouldn't raise our hands to until we'd checked the other 10 were switched on

do they do that in real football as well?

Actually that's an excellent point.

Raziel what are you on about?

For years, since I've been a fan (1995) for sure, we have been one of the World's biggest bottlers. In fact since 1991 we have played 6 FA Cup Semi Finals, our record in those matches:

P6 W0 L6 D0 F3 A16

Says it all.

We have had a f@cking disease running right through this club for the past 20 years, regardless of defensive mistakes and poor performances, our weak mentality needs to be iradicated, on the pitch not with fancy psychology as AVB tried.

We had some amazingly **** sides in that period as well.

I'm saying we now just make excuses, two of the biggest are "we bottled it/we have no leaders" or "our players aren't good enough/we didn't back the manager with player x"

We didn't "bottle it" against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we were just set up badly, had 3 players that have been playing badly, play badly, and were not even reactive to the opposition changes.

Anyone remember this?

Tottenham fan Roy Keane: 'Spurs will let you down'

[video=youtube;sLhWlODDsRU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhWlODDsRU[/video]

Last edited:
Yup, spoken like a true Spurs fan!

Understandable that Keane had such a low opinion of his boyhood club considering ManU' record against us over the 12 seasons he spent there read

P:27 / W:19 / D:4 / L:4 / For:47 / Against:24

B0epnJgCIAI3WgA.jpg

Why do people constantly cream themselves about Poch's Southampton. They really weren't all that. They were good, but some talk like they were the Barca of the English south coast.

Jeez even Gerry Francis had a decentish season with QPR many moons ago. It can happen. Oh, he managed to get the Spurs job on the back of it ))))

Shush no one is supposed to remember Southampton's run of 2 wins in 12 games at one point last season.

Is it any wonder - a team with no leaders where we can't even find a decent candidate for captain is absolutely rudderless.

Compare this to GNev's teams he played in where they had leaders all over the park. Hell, even PNev had more leadership abilities than anyone in our squad (maybe not Lloris, but he's a keeper so doesn't count)

Neville was on MNF back in August praising our kick offs under Poctettino and what a difference it was from last season.
Only link I can find is http://cloudyvideos.com/lvx5tnu6rm2t click continue to video. its around 26:30

Sort of suggests that certain players may have privately decided they can't be bothered with all that hard work every week doesn't it? They'll do it for one or two games, but stop beating them over the head for five seconds and they want to drift back to easy street again.

Sort of suggests that certain players may have privately decided they can't be bothered with all that hard work every week doesn't it? They'll do it for one or two games, but stop beating them over the head for five seconds and they want to drift back to easy street again.

You can take a horse to water but can't make it drink...personally I think Poch needs to drown one of our horses to get the message across that you do it his way or you don't ****ing play.

All comes back to the mentality of our players again doesnt it....

Back