• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Garry Hooper,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Celtic reject second bid from Norwich for striker Gary Hooper. #SSN

Have seen plenty of the actual goals he scores and he certainly can finish, the worry for me is that its in the Scottish league, I think I could score 20 goals a season in Scotland

I wonder if they are thinking that players like Negredo will take a lot of negotiating etc and could take until the 31st.. so just in case we need to have some decent back up ideas.. let's face it, we could wait until Norwich keep increasing their offer, then wait for them to discuss terms AND THEN if we are struggling with other deals just blow them out of the water at the end of the window if needed.

Please can we not open another front on the Redknapp war. It is a struggle trying to keep the peace on the other threads where he is being discussed.

Point me to where i claimed it was a positive?

Fair enough.

I simply got the impression that you believed it to be a positive (or at least, not a negative) as a consequence of the language you used.

"Yes man" is generally taken to be a pejorative.

Have seen plenty of the actual goals he scores and he certainly can finish, the worry for me is that its in the Scottish league, I think I could score 20 goals a season in Scotland
This is true, robbie keane was posivitely brick for us, then went to celtic on loan, and banged them in for fun...

No. What people said was that because he would not commit to the club, because he was halfway out the door, an because his targets were players who an incoming manager might not want, Levy wouldn't give him the money! Indeed, AVB has not gone for Remy and we at being used by agents in the MVilla chatter. The interesting (but pointless) debate would be if Harry had stayed, what would he have done with the money we spent this summer? Bert's, Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Lloris money? No, in fairness mate, the ones he gets dinged by people for are passing onnCavani for 8 mill a few season back, and passing (with the rest of th coaching staff) on Suarez, a decision I always PERSONALLY agreed with. Problem was, he never went quietly through a transfer window, and as such, several deals were broken because o the loose lips aroun him. I will be interested to see if he gets MVilla in the end, remember, he mad it sound done a week ago.

I said in late Dec that this would be a very tight window indeed. We do not have the cash necessary IMO to but the desperate Jan legend . Prices are higher as people gauge the desperation. I think only catastrophe will push us into buyin slightly bigger.

As for supporting the manager, this summer is major. I was unhappy that Levy didn't give AVB the Moutinho he wanted, I've been impressed by how AVB has conducted himself, here's hoping summer is good to him ( though I fear much will be because of. Giant incoming fee)...

p.s. given his choices and circumstance, I was confident Saha would work out. He wasn't awful. The deal which he absolutely blew for me, was Pienaar. I still to this day belvedere we should've kept him until the summer at least. Would've been a great option, though I accept he was not a happy camper at the time...

Firstly i don't believe Arry refused Cavani for 8m.

Look at the players we're linked with: M'villa = linked before , Negredo = linked before, Jones linked before .. i mean the players linked now are very similar to what we've seen over the years. Willian and Moutinho were/are genuine AVB targets and we haven't got neither and don't look like we're gonna get either anytime soon.

Firstly i don't believe Arry refused Cavani for 8m.

Look at the players we're linked with: M'villa = linked before , Negredo = linked before, Jones linked before .. i mean the players linked now are very similar to what we've seen over the years. Willian and Moutinho were/are genuine AVB targets and we haven't got neither and don't look like we're gonna get either anytime soon.

Fair enough, agree with your last sentence. I think a lot of agents use a lot of clubs, and we are prime among them (Sneijder thing as an example). And to be fair to Redknapp, many managers miss great players (Francis and Zidane, even AVB and Michu!) so it happens for sure. In support of Milo, lets agree to move forth my good man. ;)

AVB will probably have a chat with Hooperman after the game............its a done deal

And since we're "clearly run on a budget", I don't know why people can't figure out why Levy can rarely deliver on potential, "true top class" signings that would cost £15 million + in transfer fees and £90K + per week in wages instead of blaming him for not supporting the manager.

Post not aimed at you, fella.

I agree but a striker has been top priority for the last 3 January transfer windows, and the best we have managed to get is Luis Saha! I can't for a second believe that Redknapp or AVB don't and didn't want better players than the likes of him and Gary Hooper. But no, it's all Harry's fault we didn't sign someone better according to some Spurs fans. As for turning down Cavani for £8m, he's been rated at £20m+ for at least 3 seasons now so I struggle to believe we could have got him for £8m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back