• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Agreed, it was a risk worth taking, but if he can't tackle back, then he's not so good that the rst of the team can be set up to allow him not to run.

Means we should have capacity in our wage budget for signings in the summer though, however will now need to find someone to fill in the gap
No Europa League football will lose us about £20m. At our wage to turnover ratio that means Bale can go with no replacement and we’ll be back on budget.

I really think Bale is misunderstood. I don’t think he’s lazy or different to when he played for us before. In fact he was exactly the same for us last time. In his shell, worried about being clattered and took time to click.

He needs a manager who can work with him like Harry or Poch. He also needs to be deployed in the right way - essentially need to move the ball and open up space.

Sad that we haven’t been able to get him playing well apart from in a couple of games.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Lloris
Aurier...Sanchez...Rodon...Regulion
Hojberg...Ndombele
Lamela...Kane...Moura
Bale​
Could a hard working line up allow for Bale to do as he pleases?

Lloris
Hojberg...Ndombele
Lamela...Kane...Moura
Bale​
You’d probably go Lo Celso for work rate over Ndombele or as an additional midfielder and Bale would still be better over on the right as not sure he is would like the closer attention centre backs would give him as a 9.
I did feel he had a role to play in the matches we expect to dominate possession, he scored 4 goals in 3 70 minute appearances before the Arsenal game but that seems to have been the final straw for Jose.

You’d probably go Lo Celso for work rate over Ndombele or as an additional midfielder and Bale would still be better over on the right as not sure he is would like the closer attention centre backs would give him as a 9.
I did feel he had a role to play in the matches we expect to dominate possession, he scored 4 goals in 3 70 minute appearances before the Arsenal game but that seems to have been the final straw for Jose.
Yeah I didn't mean he'd take up the 9 position, more that he can do what he pleases, and someone else is covering the full back.

Lloris
Hojberg...Ndombele
Lamela...Kane...Moura
Bale​

Son wouldnt be pleased with that line-up!

You're also playing two players (Lamela and Moura) who are generally only good enough in their purple patches, rather than being consistently good enough. In order to do that, you need to be convinced that Bale is genuinely world class and the player which he was before. I'm not sure we'vfe seen that since he came back, bar 3-4 games

Dier as first choice? Really?
yeah, why not. They are both as brick as each other, in fact we might as well bring Foyth back as he seems to be playing better than both of them at the moment*

(caveated with the fact I know nothing about football outside of watching Spurs)

And there you have it. Is there anyone who thinks a properly managed Bale cannot be an asset?

I’m still on the fence actually

To your direct question: ‘an asset’, clearly but he’d be an expensive bench warmer.

As a starter, I’m not certain at the moment whether you can get him and Ndombele in the team given neither work without the ball. Had Bertrand been fit last night, we might have had the same problem as against Arsenal given he’s an attacking left back. With the ball, both Bale and Ndombele are match winners but again, neither move that much. Are we too static with both in the team?

Depends really on the tactics of the new manager. Replacing Bale would be a pain as it would be another important deal to be done in the summer

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Don't get the hype tbh, how many times did their fullback take the ball off him when he tried to go round him? More often than not.
Good goal, but not showing enough, and certainly not for £200k pw.

Back