• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Crazy how Adebayor is "not intefering" as he drags the defenders around and they step up to play him offside, allowing Bale to burst past a static defence.

Crazy to see Scott Parker playing a through-ball, he just spins in circles surely?

Crazy that I totally forgot Freund was ever on our bench. I remember him on the pitch and in the stand, but not on the bench.

Excellent again today, but it feels like it's time Mourinho left him on for the full 90 mins to continue to build his fitness, it looked like he could have continued today and it was the perfect opportunity.

Excellent again today, but it feels like it's time Mourinho left him on for the full 90 mins to continue to build his fitness, it looked like he could have continued today and it was the perfect opportunity.
It was right to take him off. I'd rather 70mins tonight and a full 90 next weekend when he may be needed than a full 90 today and then less minutes against Arsenal

We want him to start next Sunday, we may need minutes out of him on Thursday if the kids can't get the job done.

I'm more than happy he's had a rest.

Reactions: DTA
I do love this forum and it’s constant advice to managers about how much game time players should be getting. They have sports science teams advising them, but it’s this place with all the real fitness knowledge....

I dont know how anyone can be critical of mourinhos management of bale ... looks to be spot on.
More from Spurs boss Jose Mourinho to Sky Sports: "Gareth and Harry scored some incredible goals. Son works so hard for the team. Even the guys coming from the bench, great attitude. I love when a player comes off bench and improves team.

"All credit is for Gareth Bale. I trust him and his judgement in his body and feelings. We never want him to go into high levels of fatigure. Even after 55 and 60 minutes we’re in contact. The plan is to take him off when the first feelings of fatigue arrive. Players can normally cope with it and can finish a match exhausted. In his case we need to take care becaue we need him. In this moment he’s giving so much for the team."

Watching him in his post match interview he looked happy, smiling, relaxed* and I almost had to pinch myself that Bale is really back with us and looking good again, scoring goals again, enjoying his game. I hope this is all the warm-up for next Sunday.

(*Relaxed - or revelling in his can't-be-arsed attitude if you want the Souness version).

Bale was excellent tonight. He's gone from someone who a ocuple months ago looked finished at the top level, to someone who has taken our game up a couple levels. We're a threat on both sides of the pitch now and it makes us so much harder to play against. Perhaps not entirely single-handedly, but he's really changed the way our season was heading

I still keep expecting him to go down with an injury and be out for two months though!

Back