• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

That moment when he was briefly in the right back position and knocked it past someone and went past them made me give a loud 'Yesssss!' and my two boys looked at me like I was mad. They didn't understand that was the sprint we have been waiting for. I mean the first goal was nice and all but its that moment when he opened up and sprinted full pelt that I enjoyed the most today. Fingers crossed he can stay fit now, cos we bloody need him if we are to get something out of this season.

Hahaha, yes! not the goals or the assist, that moment where he just kicked the ball 15 yards in front of opposing player and burned him .. still there.

Said it at the start, the thing Bale brings is he turns up when it matters .. hopefully he can teach a few of ours that ..

That moment when he was briefly in the right back position and knocked it past someone and went past them made me give a loud 'Yesssss!' and my two boys looked at me like I was mad. They didn't understand that was the sprint we have been waiting for. I mean the first goal was nice and all but its that moment when he opened up and sprinted full pelt that I enjoyed the most today. Fingers crossed he can stay fit now, cos we bloody need him if we are to get something out of this season.
It was a real joy to watch. I think we need to acknowledge that it won't happen as often as it used to though. Used to be that he could do that against almost anyone in the league/world, now he has to pick his moments for that kind of stuff.

Looks much better overall though. Confidence there when striking the ball, good decisions, close control looks as good as ever really.

The point for me was when he went into a pretty hard tackle, a few weeks ago and he wouldn't even have attempted it

Yep, same as the push and run. The shooting and positioning was always there, even if just a little sharper now.

You have a guy with very little consistent game time in almost three years, with a lot of niggling injuries in that time (probably aggravated by lack of game time). This wasn't just about getting him fit, it was about getting him confident in his own body again.

so im guessing we all hope we keep him for next season then? seems we have helped him get happy and fit and I hope we reap the rewards of a fit and happy looking Bale. Could be an interesting end to the season with him in the Team along side Kane and Son.

so im guessing we all hope we keep him for next season then? seems we have helped him get happy and fit and I hope we reap the rewards of a fit and happy looking Bale. Could be an interesting end to the season with him in the Team along side Kane and Son.
It's starting to look that way, but I'm sure Levy and Jose won't get carried away like we all are and will wait till nearer the end of the season to make a decision like that

It's starting to look that way, but I'm sure Levy and Jose won't get carried away like we all are and will wait till nearer the end of the season to make a decision like that

if he see's out the season playing how is currently and remains fit then it's a no brainer if the 2nd year extension rumours are true - one less position we need to look at in the transfer window and more money available for key positions

Hahaha, yes! not the goals or the assist, that moment where he just kicked the ball 15 yards in front of opposing player and burned him .. still there.

Said it at the start, the thing Bale brings is he turns up when it matters .. hopefully he can teach a few of ours that ..

That 'burn' started it a very good counter, if Bale could have finished it all off, it would have been one of the goals of the season. As it was, he did up scoring a contender in the 2nd half

I loved that too. I let out a yelp of joy when he did it.

I

Gareth had a footballing epiphany yesterday!

I had a footballing erection yesterday!!!!

Back