• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Signings the manager has said they didn't want but we got anyway.

I’d feel like a hypocrite criticising Levy for Bale. I can’t remember being so excited about a signing. For 4-5 days in September I was just refreshing the phone hoping for news. The excitement when he signed. I was jizzing myself when he came on against West Ham. Yeah the signing was a risk and hindsight shows it was the wrong call. But at the time, it made all the sense in the world.

On the Jose v Bale stuff, I’m 100% with Jose. Bale hasn’t travelled to Everton of his own accord and posted something on social media that made it seem he was available. That makes the club and the manager look a bit stupid. I’ve been very, very disappointed by Bale and his behaviour. All the naysayers at the time of his signing have been proved spectacularly right. He’s done as a top level footballer and his character is now under serious question. He came back as the hero he’d have always been at Tottenham. Today, sadly, I see a charlatan who is stealing a living. His legacy is in tatters as far as I’m concerned and he doesn’t look like he gives much of a fudge. The half a million a week will keep him warm at night I suppose.

Signings the manager has said they didn't want but we got anyway.
And how often would a manager say that when the player concerned has been doing well?

I'll bet Levy can point to plenty of signings that had little to do with the manager (at least initially) but have come good.

I don't disagree, but public spats between manager and players doesn't look good irrespective of who is right or wrong.

We're had Aurier, Dele, Bale,...who's next?
It seems to me Bale likes to do things his own way - he's actually not much of a team player at all unless he somehow benefits.
It's no coincidence that he's had fallings out with every manager that didn't make him the centre of attention and that had an authoritative nature.

Even under Redknapp, he only performed after Redknapp dropped him, told him to stop playing with hair and focus on football or he'd be gone.

Real is a circus. But in this case it doesn't seem like they are exclusively the problem.
Bale has made in clear that playing for Wales and playing golf are what he likes in life - he can one final payday in China as a "marque signing" and then retire.
No club would sign him for footballing reasons now.

Bale was never ever in any way a ‘good idea’ unless we were entering a pro-am golfing/football golf tournament!

PS Harry is useful at golf apparently ?

Serge was not coming off roughly 18 months of injury and lack of game time. Different situation for both players. None of us (as far as I can tell) are on the inside and know what's actually going on w GB. It would be good however, if Bale made a club sanctioned statement about what's happening.

Serge has more reason to sulk as he lost his place, he put his head down and worked hard via performance

it had been 18 months, I don’t think anyone was on his back till Dec when there was clearly no improvement.

To counter balance it, it’s widely reported that Levy wanted Tielmans and offered him to Poch, but Poch said no. This was in Jan when we only had Sissoko and Winks fit in CM, it felt a bizarre decision at the time and even worse with hindsight

Good point, the problem is that so many fans take what they read in the press to heart ( when in most of those instances it a load of gonad*s). Then we get the arguments that we were interested in this, that and the other players and use that as a stick to beat Levy or the club because we did not sign this, that and the other player.

The truth is that 99% of us fans have NO IDEA who we have enquired about in the past in reality.

Good point, the problem is that so many fans take what they read in the press to heart ( when in most of those instances it a load of gonad*s). Then we get the arguments that we were interested in this, that and the other players and use that as a stick to beat Levy or the club because we did not sign this, that and the other player.

The truth is that 99% of us fans have NO IDEA who we have enquired about in the past in reality.
But we should never let our lack of information get in the way of having strong opinions.

Looked sharp when he came on which is a positive. Now need Dele to pick his game up, maybe start Son Dele Bale Kane Ndombele and Hojberg against lesser teams and see if they can plat their way into form.
Agreed.
Sissoko, Moura and Lamela all kill moves by their "passing ability" so I would like to see us without any of those guys, see what happens. I thought Dele and Bale showed glimpses today.

Looked sharp when he came on which is a positive. Now need Dele to pick his game up, maybe start Son Dele Bale Kane Ndombele and Hojberg against lesser teams and see if they can plat their way into form.
I'd love to see Mourinho be "brave" and start with Rodon and Tanganga at the back and the midfield and forwards that you suggest.
Give them a run of games even if they have some poor ones and find out if they are something that can be built on or not.

...............................Lloris...............................
Aurier..........Tanganga..............Rodon.........Reguilon
....................Hojbjerg........NDombele..................
Bale..........................Dele.............................Son
................................Kane...............................

Drill that back 4 for the rest of the season and get the front 4 working as an attacking unit and most importantly, tell them they won’t be blamed for mistakes

I’d happily finish the season with those 2 CBs, give them a run, certainly couldn’t be any worse.

Back