• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Joke of a decision to sign him, few of us said to be suspicious of injury prone players that are happy to sit on a bench and pick up pay.

Not only is he a complete waste of time and money his wages are apparently causing issues with Son negotiations as he wants a chunk of what Bale is getting.
He can have a chunk of bales wages
We’re paying him £200k so it would be less than what the rumours are we have offered him

He genuinely looks like me playing football in the park with energetic teenagers, he just waits for the ball passes it simple and on the odd occasion runs to look like he is making an effort. I could jog faster than he sprints currently.

How bad is Dele if he cannot get in the team ahead of Bale.

He genuinely looks like me playing football in the park with energetic teenagers, he just waits for the ball passes it simple and on the odd occasion runs to look like he is making an effort. I could jog faster than he sprints currently.

Completely how he plays - he's finished. I dont blame him though, and don't blame Spurs for trying. Hasn't worked. Didnt cost us a fee though, just his wages. Send him back and use his wages for someone else

As much as I was disappointed with Mourinho for playing Sissoko wingback and Davies on the other flank, nothing disappointed me more than Bales performance. This was his time to step up and show he can still be the man. Saddens me to say, it’s not going to happen - but will always be one of my favourite players I’ve seen pull on the shirt....

Actually felt sad seeing that, he's spent to long wasting away at Madrid that he's just lost it. Would love him to come good but he doesn't even seem willing to put in the effort - needs to just retire in the MLS or something.

Joke of a decision to sign him, few of us said to be suspicious of injury prone players that are happy to sit on a bench and pick up pay.

Not only is he a complete waste of time and money his wages are apparently causing issues with Son negotiations as he wants a chunk of what Bale is getting.
I would imagine it’s nothing to do with wages and more just Son realising we’re not going anywhere and knowing his next contract is probably the last opportunity to play for a club that will challenge for the big trophies. If I were Kane or Son I would be telling my agent to refuse to even discuss a new deal with Levy right now.

Actually felt sad seeing that, he's spent to long wasting away at Madrid that he's just lost it. Would love him to come good but he doesn't even seem willing to put in the effort - needs to just retire in the MLS or something.

Mls is quite a hard league now.

Bale was simply another dud in the very long list in Spurs’s recruitment history.

Anybody thinking it was a good move to bring him back should apply for a job at Spurs in their 'excellent' scouting department. They will love you.

Last edited:
Any green shoots from the Wycombe game were eradicated. Some touches and a few headers showing there was a player there, but whether it’s fear of injury or lack of care there’s no drive in his play. Can only concur that Wycombe have a particularly slow left back.
Was a bold move that we couldn’t have made ore NWHL and it didn’t work out, Madrid will be stuck with him for his final season and if motivated by enough cash he will get a well paid cameo gig in China. I genuinely think the MLS will be too much for him.

Pretty much how i see it as well, whatever he will earn while here could have been better used elsewhere.

I just hope last night was a wake-up call for him.

First thing that needs to happen is that he brings out the razor and cuts that ridiculous hair-do off, and accepts that he is going bald.
Secondly, spit out that stupid gum.
And finally, just go for it! 100%. There is absolutely nothing left to lose!

Right now he is the laughing stock of everyone who ever wanted to hurt Spurs and Bale, and he is the pity of everyone who ever loved Spurs and Bale.
There is still time. And he has done it before, with that jinx-thing.
And it won't take much to change the disaster-story to a ok-story, or even a well-done-story.

It was clear as day Bale was NOT a Jose signing. Another boner in the pants that Levy wanted, as again, he knows best. Looking like a pointless deal all round, could we not have put those funds to someone better?

It was clear as day Bale was NOT a Jose signing. Another boner in the pants that Levy wanted, as again, he knows best. Looking like a pointless deal all round, could we not have put those funds to someone better?

It was worth a punt as a loan. We can send him back to Real. Given the lack of fee, it was a reasonably priced gamble. If he was of his old standard, it would be have been worth the cost several times over

It was worth a punt as a loan. We can send him back to Real. Given the lack of fee, it was a reasonably priced gamble. If he was of his old standard, it would be have been worth the cost several times over

I get all of that, but it's a chairman signing, not a manager signing. It never ends well when a chairman signs who he wants, he's not the football manager. Sign who your manager tells you, nothing more.

I get all of that, but it's a chairman signing, not a manager signing. It never ends well when a chairman signs who he wants, he's not the football manager. Sign who your manager tells you, nothing more.

Fair point. You'd hope that Jose was somewhat in agreement

Old Saggy Chops reckons that Mourinho should put Bale up against his worst defender in training to boost his confidence. You'd have thought Jose has no shortage of options on that score...who would you put Bale up against to make him feel better about himself?

Pity the poor fella marking Bale in the next session because everyone is going to assume Mourinho thinks he's rubbish...

Old Saggy Chops reckons that Mourinho should put Bale up against his worst defender in training to boost his confidence. You'd have thought Jose has no shortage of options on that score...who would you put Bale up against to make him feel better about himself?

Pity the poor fella marking Bale in the next session because everyone is going to assume Mourinho thinks he's rubbish...
sanchez without doubt.

Its almost impossible to choose at the minute!

I would have someone dressed up as Edward Scissorhands on a moped to chase him around the training ground, just to see if he can still sprint.

Back