• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

What is slightly worrying in the age of high quality sports science,that no one has come out and said what his injury issue is......he's had a calf problem for about 16 months now, niggle there,small niggle there,the amount of money real madrid and we have spent on his wages i would have thought he would have sent to some top Olympic research centre and analysed to the ninth degree, or if i was him paid for it himself.

He seems to run on toes quite often and just in small bursts, its been 6 months now i would have expected him to be let off the leash by now, not still having twenty minutes here and there, unless he's saving himself for the Euros's lol, which is ok by me ha ha ha!!

Always knew Bale won't be as good as before when he joined us back on loan. But never thought he would be this bad ! This is why players or managers should not go back to their old clubs. It will badly damage their reputation. I think Bale's reputation from his excellent first spell with us has been permanently damaged by his troubled second spell with us.

Always knew Bale won't be as good as before when he joined us back on loan. But never thought he would be this bad ! This is why players or managers should not go back to their old clubs. It will badly damage their reputation. I think Bale's reputation from his excellent first spell with us has been permanently damaged by his troubled second spell with us.
His decline is so marked it feels almost willful. Look how professional Cavani is and Bale is two years younger. Its to do with attitude as well as fitness and injury.

His decline is so marked it feels almost willful. Look how professional Cavani is and Bale is two years younger. Its to do with attitude as well as fitness and injury.
It's weird, isn't it?

I'm not sure Cavani is the best example though, as he's hardly your average player fitness-wise. I've read that he's a massive fitness freak and is considerably fitter than teammates in their mid-20s. Obviously you've got to be fairly fit to make it as a top level professional footballer but Cavani, like CRonaldo, is at a higher level.

Again, from what I read at the time, it seemed as though Bale was a very hard trainer during his first spell with us -- remember how, as soon as he stopped messing with his hair, he bulked up and became a physical specimen? I'm surprised that he's taking so long to get fit -- as you say, maybe his attitude's gone, or he's just jaded. It happens -- even the best can fall out of love with what they do.

It's weird, isn't it?

I'm not sure Cavani is the best example though, as he's hardly your average player fitness-wise. I've read that he's a massive fitness freak and is considerably fitter than teammates in their mid-20s. Obviously you've got to be fairly fit to make it as a top level professional footballer but Cavani, like CRonaldo, is at a higher level.

Again, from what I read at the time, it seemed as though Bale was a very hard trainer during his first spell with us -- remember how, as soon as he stopped messing with his hair, he bulked up and became a physical specimen? I'm surprised that he's taking so long to get fit -- as you say, maybe his attitude's gone, or he's just jaded. It happens -- even the best can fall out of love with what they do.

I'm clinging to the hope that he's just been unlucky since his return from the original injury. There was that break for an illness and then this latest niggling injury to get rid of and then he'll be back flying again. Yep, I'm staying positive!

Reactions: DTA
He isn't as good as Son or Kane so can't play in either of our two attacking spots and isn't a defensive player so isn't going to get a chance elsewhere - either he learns to be as good as Sissoko so he can play the advanced right sided defender position or he waits until Son/Kane pick up an injury

It's weird, isn't it?

I think he was taking the mick in Spain and we are now seeing the damage.

Josef "Pepi" Bican was a Czech professional footballer who played as a striker. He is the most prolific goalscorer in recorded history according to Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation, with over 805 goals scored in at least 530 official matches and a total of 1468 goals including friendlies. Wikipedia
Born: 25 September 1913, Vienna, Austria
Died: 12 December 2001, Prague, Czechia
Spouse: Jarmila Bicanová (m. 1943–2001)
Date joined: 1937 (SK Slavia Prague)
Parents: Ludmila Bican, František Bican
Nationality: Austrian, Czechoslovak

You're right, and thank you as always for your keen insight. Based on his second spell here his first spell was awful. He was an awful footballer. One of the worst players we've ever had. Slow, no left foot, no imagination and I can't think of a decent highlight from that time. Taxi for Bale!

You're right, and thank you as always for your keen insight. Based on his second spell here his first spell was awful. He was an awful footballer. One of the worst players we've ever had. Slow, no left foot, no imagination and I can't think of a decent highlight from that time. Taxi for Bale!

taxi is delayed unfortunately as the driver got injured getting into the cab ... mr Lamela will be with your shortly mr bale. We apologise for the inconvenience

I was having a go at him in the match thread tonight however on reflection he completed 90 mins and he took his man on a lot more than I have seen since he came back.

Probably his best game since returning. There might still be life in him yet...

Back