• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

He looks to have mentally retired and it's why he was so poor in the end in Spain!
I'm hoping he can't still do a job for Spurs or is will be a waste of that finite resource, money!

I really wanted it to work but so far its not.

It was argued here he would be less battle scared at 31, he looks the opposite and I am sorry its 3 months now nearly, he should be sharp enough and just looks like he is playing within himself.

I meant in the sense that it's being used beyond the game itself.

Bales signing may or may not work out but a bad performance away to minnows in the EL is not proof one way or the other.

No but you add them up so far and its not pointing towards greatness.

We have Kane to smash freekicks into walls

No but you add them up so far and its not pointing towards greatness.

To me the fact he's only really playing these games so far says more than the performances do, and that is that he is still building up his fitness levels

That second freekick was so bad, from such a good player, that I wondered if he was deliberately trying to hit the arm of Micholb or whatever his name was, to get him 2 yellows in quick succession.

I am very bored of players not hitting the target from freekicks though. At least if the shot is on target the keeper might be flat footed or going the wrong way... but we either sky it or hit the wall, every time.

Half the length of his contract to see his best? Also he is 31 not 41 shouldn't take that long to get fit in my opinion

If he’s anywhere near the player he was even two years ago and can recover that form for 3-4 months, on the run in, I’d take it.

One thing that is strange to me (and maybe it's because I remember more the early Bale at LB/LM) is that when he is playing out on the right side he is so reliant on cutting inside to do any damage that when it doesn't happen he isn't offering much else. He did get to the goal line and beat his man once last night but it just feels like he want's to get involved so much but is just struggling out there on the right. Maybe in these Europa games when we have Davies at LB, Bale could go out on the left for a bit and get forward and get some balls into the box and feel more involved for a while.

Note: I have barely watched any of the Real Madrid Bale so not sure how he normally fits in playing as a right forward? When I think back to the end of his first spell I do remember him having quiet games out there but regularly popping up with the odd goal cutting in onto his left foot e.g. The West Ham goal etc.

Back