• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

How long til he chucks his toys out the pram and hits the golf course?
I don't care.

Very happy that he hasn't become an automatic starter straight away. And that when on the bench it isn't a situation where Mourinho has to bring him on because he's Gareth Bale.

To me that's the best (realistic) starting point for him to become a success and for us to become more successful.

If at some point he chucks his toys out, so be it.

I don't care.

Very happy that he hasn't become an automatic starter straight away. And that when on the bench it isn't a situation where Mourinho has to bring him on because he's Gareth Bale.

To me that's the best (realistic) starting point for him to become a success and for us to become more successful.

Oh I agree, totally.. Just playing devil's advocate.

Pretty sure he seems happier here, so hopefully not something we need to worry about.

I don't care.

Yep that's how I see it. Mourinho showed pretty big balls last night to not bring him on. He was the obvious answer in terms of his ability and his profile. Very few managers would have left him on the bench. The fact Jose had Vinicius ready to come on ahead of him was ballsy too. Dare I say it, Bale wasn't great against LASK so others deserved a chance ahead of him and Jose obviously thought the game was better suited to what Lamela and Vinicius bring to the table.

Nothing to worry about for me. I'm sure Bale appreciates the reasons behind it (and if he doesn't, tough brick), it shows we have a manager with a very strong will and mind of his own and also indicates he's running a meritocracy.

I’m Ike the fact he his being eased in and other than the practical side in terms of respecting his lack of recent games and any recalibration with the Prem it shows where we now are as a club. When this was being touted a couple of seasons ago I thought the financial outlay on an injury prone player was too big a risk for us and he’d be more likely to end up at United, who could also use him sparingly whilst absorbing his wages more comfortably. This is part of the evolution of us now thinking and behaving like a big club.

Good header, good pressing, but also, great to see him directing things during those memorable 10 minutes of timewasting - gesturing for players to hem in Brighton at throw-ins and so on.

Hope he keeps that up - we need leadership everywhere, tbh, and Hojbjerg cannot be the only one doing that.

Not until the 23rd May 2021 Stephen...then we're having a massive party that will last until 2022 sometime. Hopefully all the way down Totttenham High Road when this virus f**ks off.

Believe...
Now I believe. If there's one year since the inception of the league that a winner's parade would be cancelled, or a title made illegal to celebrate or even report in the media, you just know it would be a Spurs year.

Back