• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

I want Bale/Son/Kane to be used the correct amount i.e. if they are truly needed, fine to play them, but not flog them until they get injuries.
There is a reason Lewis Hamilton doesn't drive to the track in his race car.
We need those 3 available at peak performance for certain peak games.

Modern sports science should be able to give a really read out of when players are in "red zone"/close to injuries

I'd expect strong rotation, Bale/Kane/Son less appearances in group stages of Europe, early FA Cup, with the option, if we are ahead early in games, a few more early subs.

Once we hit knockout specific games, Jose will play his strongest side ..

Modern sports science should be able to give a really read out of when players are in "red zone"/close to injuries

I'd expect strong rotation, Bale/Kane/Son less appearances in group stages of Europe, early FA Cup, with the option, if we are ahead early in games, a few more early subs.

Once we hit knockout specific games, Jose will play his strongest side ..

Rotational teams in early rounds when and where you can get away with it then stronger as the competition progresses is the way most/all big teams treat the cups

:D:D

This is probably my favourite Bale goal for Spurs. You can see that two defenders - especially the one closest - are doing all they can to force him down the line on his right. They've clearly worked on it in training, whoever their manager was probably thought he was pretty clever. Everything about their shape is set to push Bale down the line.

So he just puts it in the top corner anyway!

We were right behind that shot in the Paxton, you could just see it arrowing into the corner. What a finish to the season (and his first spell with us). IIRC at that moment we thought we had finally finished above Arsenal until news filtered through from SJP

Erm, watch your own video. Mou Mou loves it and says he wants more of this kind of confrontation.
Yeah he clearly loves a ruck to stir up the squad but think he also appreciates intelligent twunts like Zlatan who can intimidate other players without risking injuries.

Bit of a limp at the end as he walks off. Hope that's nothing
That was a strut!

I really don't think we appreciate what we have here - the way he caresses the ball and disguises where it's going is unreal.
This is not the same player that left to go to Madrid - this is something very different

That was a strut!

I really don't think we appreciate what we have here - the way he caresses the ball and disguises where it's going is unreal.
This is not the same player that left to go to Madrid - this is something very different
He can caress my balls any day of the week and disguise it any way he wants. Still can't quite believe he plays for us again. Wish @Yermiyahu was around to watch.

That was a strut!

This is what idiots don't understand .. so many stupid comments form media/pundits "is he the player who left 7 years ago?"

No, he's a much better, much more experienced player

You can see that if you look at the goals he scored in his highlight reel there
There not sprint and shoot goals anymore
He has much more finesse to his game

I'd go further, in the time
- He's learnt to carry a side (Wales) to a major tournament pretty much on his own
- He's learnt to play in a side where he wasn't #1 (Ronaldo was), and he didn't receive the ball always even when in best position
- He's leant to play in a front 3 (him, Benzema, Ronaldo) with various tactics and under very different managers/styles

He's not going to scream up and down the pitch (that's for Reguilon to do), but he will use his pace/physicality at the right moments, and that finesse, positioning will count.

- He's learnt to carry a side (Wales) to a major tournament pretty much on his own
- He's learnt to play in a side where he wasn't #1 (Ronaldo was), and he didn't receive the ball always even when in best position
- He's leant to play in a front 3 (him, Benzema, Ronaldo) with various tactics and under very different managers/styles

He's not going to scream up and down the pitch (that's for Reguilon to do), but he will use his pace/physicality at the right moments, and that finesse, positioning will count.
Finesse? Positioning?

If he can still plant it into the top corner from 30 yards, that'll do me nicely.

He's not going to scream up and down the pitch (that's for Reguilon to do), but he will use his pace/physicality at the right moments, and that finesse, positioning will count

Reguilon could really be a nasty weapon to have alongside that powerful front 3 of ours. To say nothing of whoever we deploy behind the three.

Back